Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Live Action Beauty and the Beast trailer...  (Read 8348 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« on: November 14, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvW_L8sTu5E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvW_L8sTu5E</a>

BatB was never my favorite Disney movie (that honor goes to Robin Hood), but this looks pretty good...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »

"OO DE LALLY!"

Neat. Smiley 

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 05:53:56 PM »

Why did they give the beast horns?  (yes, this is literally the thought that was going through my mind during that entire trailer)

BatB ain't my favorite either, and I gotta say that this isn't looking like it will make it so.  But, you never know.  I'll probably give it a whirl when it's available on streaming or Blu-Ray.  With the popularity of the original and Disney's hot streak of late, I'm sure it will be a smash hit.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »

the cast of this movie is epic...Ewan McGregor, Ian Meckellan, EMMA WATSON!!!!!! (She is such a beautiful lady) Emma Thompson (classy), Stanley Tucci, Josh Gad......I can't wait for this movie.  I have seen the Original movie, the old TV show, the Disney movie, and the Broadway Shaw, so this movie is gonna be good. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »

Why did they give the beast horns?  (yes, this is literally the thought that was going through my mind during that entire trailer)

Disney's Beast has always had horns SFD...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 07:27:40 PM »

I'm excited, but also cautious.

I am not at all a fan of Emma Watson off screen, but I'm willing to overlook that, and enjoy a story my wife and I share a deep affection for.

For once I wish they wouldn't paint the Prince as a kidnapper in the story, and instead show him as the victim he truly is; maybe they'll do that here, but it's highly unlikely.  Undecided

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

Disney's Beast has always had horns SFD...

Ha!  You can tell how long it's been since I saw that movie.  Wink

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

I'm excited, but also cautious.

I am not at all a fan of Emma Watson off screen, but I'm willing to overlook that, and enjoy a story my wife and I share a deep affection for.

For once I wish they wouldn't paint the Prince as a kidnapper in the story, and instead show him as the victim he truly is; maybe they'll do that here, but it's highly unlikely.  Undecided

It kinda looks like he kidnaps his victims out of necessity because nobody would willingly come to him, let alone stay. That is until he takes Belle's father and she agrees to stay so her father can go free.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:50:18 AM »

I've only read the short book, but this looks entertaining.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 05:41:02 AM »

I'm interested to see this. I just saw it briefly yesterday, knew it was coming out, but knew nothing of the cast.
It's not a popular thing, but I don't find Emma Watson as Belle. I don't know who could've been that, but I just don't see her as beautiful.
Anyways, so yeah it looks good. My niece wants to do a Beauty and tbe Beast theme for her 15th bday, and I'm gonna design the table centerpieces as the Rose. Gonna be fun putting it together, getting it to rotate, lit..

No points, just fist bumps baby!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »

It's not a popular thing, but I don't find Emma Watson as Belle. I don't know who could've been that, but I just don't see her as beautiful.

Also, weren't they supposed to be French?  I mean, they could have at least gotten someone French to play the role, and maybe some more people who were either French or who could at least do French accents.  Granted, they didn't exactly have a voice cast of French sounding people for the animated version, but that's beside the point. 

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »

A French girl?

Karine Vanasse:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »

A French girl?

Karine Vanasse:

See?  That's what I'm talking about.  She's prettier than Emma Watson too.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 04:34:47 PM »

the cast of this movie is epic...Ewan McGregor, Ian Meckellan, EMMA WATSON!!!!!! (She is such a beautiful lady) Emma Thompson (classy), Stanley Tucci, Josh Gad......I can't wait for this movie.  I have seen the Original movie, the old TV show, the Disney movie, and the Broadway Shaw, so this movie is gonna be good. 

You forgot The Beast - Dan Stevens!

He is amazing in Adam Wingard's movie The Guest.

Great little thriller.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »

scifidude79 and Majobu5, turn in your penises. We are kicking you out of Man.

In reality, though, both women are gorgeous, but in different ways.

Also, they already did a French version starring Lea Seydoux.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: