Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Retention screws  (Read 11790 times)
Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:39 AM »

I'd try to dremel it and use a pin to try to get as much out as possible. Just chip away at it little by little.

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 05:14:42 AM »

I got the same problem now that I Screwed
the top hole on the blade.

Some how I managed to pry out the screw
with OIL for the job.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:25:01 AM »

Ugh, I really messed mine up.

I think I'm just going to cut the blade where the emitter ends and pry the rest out using a screw driver, my lack of experience and tools have really inhibited my ability to fix this. Advice on cutting it, before I screw that up too?

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 05:40:05 AM »

A saw and a face mask so you don't inhale any polycarbonate dust. Not sure how you're gonna use a screwdriver to get the rest out...

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »

If I were you, and I'm not, but if I was, I would just leave the screw alone.  But if you're determined to get it out, you can either keep at it with the dremel, drill it out with a 1/8th inch bit, or try to epoxy an allen wrench into the rounded out socket and then unscrew it when the glue dries.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 07:02:57 AM »

The screw broke, way in the beginning of all this pretty much into thirds, I figured that I could try and remove the remaining bits with the dremel, but even though it looked as if it worked the blade stayed in. Then basically I decided that if I create a hole bigger than the original the screw will not be threaded and therefore not hold the blade, well I expanded the hole to about a quarter inch in diameter, nothing. Then I thought I could break whatever was left of the bolt by clamping the hilt to a vise and twisting the blade, unfortunately this vise is brand new and I'd never actually used it so I didn't know about these ridges on the underside of the actual clamp, so I cut two slits on either side of my HG blade, the one I got a week ago with a different saber.

Alright, I'm ordering 2 new UEHG blades (on sale for 27$ ??!!?!?! Cheesy) with a coupon I got a while back for something else (thanks again Deep), one for me, one for my little brother.

Anyways I am going to cut the blade that is stuck close to the emitter, then using pliers take out what's left inside the hilt, purposefully breaking the 2" that are in there. How do I cut it without damaging the foil on the inside?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:26:41 AM by Master Ronin » Logged

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

novacaine1337
Force Sensitive

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »

I recently got my Dark Standard Issue and was wondering what size the wrench is. Thanks

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 01:15:40 AM »

I recently got my Dark Standard Issue and was wondering what size the wrench is. Thanks

5/64

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: