Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anti-Vent  (Read 11259 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2016, 09:52:55 PM »

Actually, there's a bit more to it than that. You have to hit the wood in just such a way that it splits down pretty much the middle in order to get the right size pieces. Also you need to make sure the wood is of a proper age. Too old and it'll burn itself out before the fire gets good, which wastes time and effort as well as firewood. Too green and the wood will smoke like crazy, ruining the enjoyment of the fire and presenting a health risk that's far in excess of the benefits.

Well you can chop it whenever, but burning it is different. For burning, you want it to be dry. Not green or punky (rotten)

I love chopping firewood. I get to break something.

^^^

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:10 AM »

Yea, you have to "read" the wood as my Father called it.  Ever see someone chopping wood stop and turn it a different way?  They are trying to hit it along the grain.  Then as mentioned you have to cut it to the size you need.  Then the real fun comes...stacking it so it will dry/stay dry.   But while It was not easy work, by gum I was strong as hell.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2016, 02:00:15 AM »

Yea, you have to "read" the wood as my Father called it.  Ever see someone chopping wood stop and turn it a different way?  They are trying to hit it along the grain.  Then as mentioned you have to cut it to the size you need.  Then the real fun comes...stacking it so it will dry/stay dry.   But while It was not easy work, by gum I was strong as hell.

That is a good way to describe it. I find that if the wood is frozen, it just pops apart, with very little effort.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: