Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 66359 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »

The mobile version is really solid.  Aspyr did a great job on the port.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »

The mobile version is really solid.  Aspyr did a great job on the port.

Indeed. Please get the second one for iOS!

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 08:08:18 PM »

The slow intros to both of them are the only things that have stopped me from replaying it sometimes. Even so, I've played them both a few times all the way through. Not terribly heavy on action but the characters and lore were just fantastic. The whole Old Republic era with KOTOR and SWTOR I just love. I also have a bad habit of imagining entirely separate stories every time I play any of those games.

Might pick them both up again on PC (had them on xbox originally) but heard they were really buggy on PC.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 11:58:52 PM »

Might pick them both up again on PC (had them on xbox originally) but heard they were really buggy on PC.

On Windows, yes.  Especially Windows 10, or so I've read on the Steam forums.  However, the second one runs smooth as silk on Linux.  It's a shame the first one isn't available for Linux.

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »

On Windows, yes.  Especially Windows 10, or so I've read on the Steam forums.  However, the second one runs smooth as silk on Linux.  It's a shame the first one isn't available for Linux.

That is a shame only have a windows 10 machine

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 04:16:22 AM »

That is a shame only have a windows 10 machine

You could try the Steam discussions about the games and see if there are any Win10 fixes.  People on there are often good at workarounds.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:20 AM »

NGL The first part of Taris is one of the best conversation places if you're female XD . Issue for a lot of people with KOTOR is that it's plot driven with lots of questing and puzzle challenges as opposed to action and combat based. Turn-base system forces a different type of combat strategy (personally I prefer it because I can control all of the actions of every character if I choose to in combat).

Teasing Carth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBRFCv_VMdg

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »

What does this play best on?

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »

What does this play best on?

I recently played through both games on Xbox one, they were released back in May as backwards compatible or as digital downloads from the store.  I’d say that’s probably the best way.  They’re straight ports, no upscaling. 

Another option would be the mobile version which is not bad at all.  The touch sceen controls work well and on a tablet it can be pretty fun to have on the go!

I’d just avoid the PC version at all costs unless you’re certain you can run it.  It’s never worked right for me on any of my computers.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »

I recently played through both games on Xbox one, they were released back in May as backwards compatible or as digital downloads from the store.  I’d say that’s probably the best way.  They’re straight ports, no upscaling. 

Another option would be the mobile version which is not bad at all.  The touch sceen controls work well and on a tablet it can be pretty fun to have on the go!

I’d just avoid the PC version at all costs unless you’re certain you can run it.  It’s never worked right for me on any of my computers.
I'll look into it on xbox one

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »

I personally play PC or Mobile, but PC is preferrred. I feel like it has the most control in playing. Mobile is convenient and easy to record though, but drains battery fast. For some reason most screen recording programs don’t work well with KOTOR specifically. It’s an EXCELLENT game though, especially if you prefer plot driven and strategy to combat driven.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »

I purchased the Knights of the Old Republic for $9.99 well $10.79 after tax, it's 80.5% installed lol

Saber Collection:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2018, 12:31:37 AM »

Yeah, I was going to suggest XBOX One, but Sam beat me to it. The PC version can be very finicky about graphics cards. On Nvidia, it has a bad habit of minimizing when cut scenes play, along with other issues. On my Radeon RX580, the grass doesn't display properly. It looks and plays beautifully on the XBOX One. The mobile port is a bit of a pill due to the on screen controls.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »

My sister is testing it out first

Saber Collection:

jldavi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 24

The Force will be with you. Always.

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2018, 01:27:07 AM »

Oh man. KoTOR. I remember my original play through on the Xbox, and saving up my allowance to buy KoTOR 2 lol. Good times. I've played through both of these games multiple times, as recently as this year.

They're not for everyone, and that's okay. I personally get super bored with mostly combat games. I hate grinding for experience, and I hate getting killed every ten minutes. I really like games that have a story line (Mass Effect, KoTOR, etc etc). So if you know you're a die hard action/FPS type, KoTOR may just not be your thing.

Taris does suck. I've definitely stopped a game out of annoyance that I couldn't skip Taris, and I believe I got stuck there on my first playthrough and almost never completed the game. In the same spot, actually. Trying to get into the undercity for the serum mission.

KoTOR and KoTOR 2 kind of set the bar for me in terms of what a good RPG could do, and that's why I keep coming back.

Sabers:
Stunts -- Sentinel GB, Dark Apprentice R, Apprentice V4 R, Dominix V3 O, Initiate V4 LE Arctic GB/CG Staff, Dark Standard Issue AB, Archon V3 CG

Sound --
Aeon V3 CG, Dark Liberator R, Brood Guard GB, Electrum Wind VA, Spectre SD 

Wishlist: All of them Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: