Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 66440 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2018, 12:57:24 AM »

Most of my runs are light side or greyish (I prefer to play by the RP aspect more than the gaming aspect). Whether I chose light or dark side though, first power was always heal. You do get a force cost penalty for using it on dark side (in combat dark side it's better to use drain life). Disadvantage to only having "drain life" as a dark sider is that you need something to drain life from in order to heal. "Force Wave" is great in the second game (it's a LS power there but universal in the first) but I can't say I've invested points in it in the first game enough to tell you if it's worth the time. Whirlwind (one before it) is nice though). Also be sure to get affect/dominate mind to get the added Force Pursuade option in certain conversations.

TBH, I found soldier the most boring starting class Tongue What type of attacker do you prefer to be? Are you 1) very much physical combat, 2) prefer to deal with ranged attacks and buffs, or 3) more strategic (a little of each but also using things like stealth, mines, and other traps)?

If 1, Soldier/Guardian is best for you

2, Either Scout/Consular or Scoundrel/Consular

3, Scoundrel/Sentinel or Scout/Sentinel or Scoundrel/Consular

Personally I prefer to start Scoundrel and then go either Sentinel or Consular because I like my stealth. Soldier and Guardian classes get old really quickly for me because everything ends up being about brute strength -_- Nice thing about soldier though is that you can wear heavier armors. Keep in mind that some force powers though are restricted by armor if you have on anything other than Jedi/Sith Robes

In terms of stills, it really depends on what you want to focus on. Sometimes you can use your companions to make up for the skills that you're weak with (like using Mission Vao to collect mines and open locks if you're not skilled in demolitions or security). Things you SHOULD invest in though if you want all the extra tidbits are persuade (for conversation options) and repair (for learning about all of HK-47's previous Masters... and how they were terminated). Security and computers are nice, but most of the time you can make up for those with one of your companions. Same with demolitions. Only bother investing in stealth if you plan on using it (requires a stealth generator), and have enough treat injury that you're not inept XD

Attribute points are going to vary depending on your class build. Keep in mind though that if you're walking to sweet talk your way through stuff with persuade or Force persuade, invest in Charisma.

Also keep in mind with your weapon feat builds whether you're wanting to do single wielding or dual wield or staff. Two weapons can do less damage if you're not built for it.

Thanks Lady Rev! this should be helpful. Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »

Waking up on Taris Restored Content

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGtsRO2HbM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2018, 01:15:22 AM »

Thanks Lady Rev! this should be helpful. Smiley

My pleasure! Just started a new game myself to try out this restored content mod. Going DS Female to try the cut ending Cheesy Scoundrel/Consular this time

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2018, 01:47:16 AM »

Only thing is I'm not sure how you would get it to work on Xbox. I have no idea how that works...

Doubtful it will work at all. Console games weren't exactly known for modability back then. That's changed in the current console gen. Even the XBOX 360 and XBOX One just run the games in an XBOX emulator that's designed to work flawlessly on the more modern system. You can't even connect to XBOX Live in the game anymore to download updates for it. You're basically left playing the disc, which is still awesome.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2018, 02:20:31 AM »

Doubtful it will work at all. Console games weren't exactly known for modability back then. That's changed in the current console gen. Even the XBOX 360 and XBOX One just run the games in an XBOX emulator that's designed to work flawlessly on the more modern system. You can't even connect to XBOX Live in the game anymore to download updates for it. You're basically left playing the disc, which is still awesome.

Ewwww.... Sorry about that. How do you manage KOTOR II? It's like two different games entirely...

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:22 AM »

Ewwww.... Sorry about that. How do you manage KOTOR II? It's like two different games entirely...

I don't have KOTOR II on the XBOX, I only have it for the computer. The Steam version has the Steam Workshop, you can easily install mods with the Workshop.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »

I don't have KOTOR II on the XBOX, I only have it for the computer. The Steam version has the Steam Workshop, you can easily install mods with the Workshop.

Aaaah, I assumed you had it on Xbox also. Yes, Steam workshop version of TSLRCM is super convenient. Wonder why they don't have the first RCM in there also. There's no mod section for the first game

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2018, 04:49:45 AM »

Also, there's a whole extra level of the Vulcar base with spice labs and a bar. It was intense x_x I ran out of medpacks and had to rely on Carth getting lucky XD

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2018, 09:56:36 AM »

Well, I got really distracted and have to start over. On my original and only play through, I started out as a soldier and went as far to the light as possible. I don't really remember the difference in classes. I'd like to do a full Darkside run this time. Any tips on class and skills?
Thanks.
Here's a nice overview of skills, feats, equipment etc:
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic
I used it a lot to plan my last playthrough…

And for the curious: Have you ever tried playing a 'skillerific' Jedi Wink ?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/faqs/44048

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:45 PM »

Aaaah, I assumed you had it on Xbox also. Yes, Steam workshop version of TSLRCM is super convenient. Wonder why they don't have the first RCM in there also. There's no mod section for the first game

I only bought KOTOR for the XBOX because it's not Linux compatible. I was running a Linux-based operating system on my computer and not any version of Windows for a few years. KOTOR II was released for Linux, so I grabbed that, but I had no good way to play the first one because the DVD copy I have would only run in a tiny window using WINE, the Microsoft compatibility layer. So, I picked up an XBOX copy several years ago. Well, earlier this year I bought a new gaming computer with Windows 10 on it, so I dual boot that and Linux, which allows me to once again play Windows only games. That's pretty much all I use Windows for, plus for some other software, like the Obsidian software.

These are the copies of the games I own:

KOTOR: Windows (Star Wars Best of PC Collection), Windows (Steam), XBOX and Fire OS (Android based OS on my Kindle Fire)

KOTOR II: PC (multi CD version) and PC (Steam)

So, four copies of KOTOR and two copies of KOTOR II. Multiple play options. Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

I only bought KOTOR for the XBOX because it's not Linux compatible. I was running a Linux-based operating system on my computer and not any version of Windows for a few years. KOTOR II was released for Linux, so I grabbed that, but I had no good way to play the first one because the DVD copy I have would only run in a tiny window using WINE, the Microsoft compatibility layer. So, I picked up an XBOX copy several years ago. Well, earlier this year I bought a new gaming computer with Windows 10 on it, so I dual boot that and Linux, which allows me to once again play Windows only games. That's pretty much all I use Windows for, plus for some other software, like the Obsidian software.

These are the copies of the games I own:

KOTOR: Windows (Star Wars Best of PC Collection), Windows (Steam), XBOX and Fire OS (Android based OS on my Kindle Fire)

KOTOR II: PC (multi CD version) and PC (Steam)

So, four copies of KOTOR and two copies of KOTOR II. Multiple play options. Smiley

Aaaaah okay. Well then, you’re welcome to attempt RCM fir the first. I’m using it with the Steam Version on Windows and it’s fully functional. Just did an entire extra level of of the Black Vulcar base. Turns out that random guy you let go was supposed to sweetens the deal (he also became human instead of Twi’lek). He let me into the spice lab. Hoping to try out that cut DS redemption ending. I’ve watched playthroughs of it but never done it myself. There are a few parts that weren’t specifically listed in the changes but I’m hoping are included (Deadeye Duncan on Manaan and Dustil’s extra lines if you’re female and have been romancing Carth). I’m reminded at this run, however, how difficult it is to be full dark side without just being totally classless (at least on Taris). “Darth Gwevan” is going to need time before she’s “Darth” lol

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2018, 03:32:10 PM »

I can never go full Dark Side. There are some things where even a Sith would be like: Dude, really? Hell, even Canderous, a freaking mercenary warrior with a massive body count, objects to some DS decisions. Plus, I can never let Czerka win on Kashyyyk. I hate Czerka.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »

I can never go full Dark Side. There are some things where even a Sith would be like: Dude, really? Hell, even Canderous, a freaking mercenary warrior with a massive body count, objects to some DS decisions. Plus, I can never let Czerka win on Kashyyyk. I hate Czerka.

I forgot all about that. I forgot most of the game to be honest. I can't go full DS either now that I think about it.  
I guess I'll just play how I feel and probably end up dark grey. Whenever I've played these types of games I always stuck to what I figured the game wanted me to do to end up with a certain alignment (Boring, I know). It should be way more fun making the decisions I want to make. I guess I missed the point of that freedom with most RPG's.

By the way, not to move on to talking at length about another game here, but I'm curious if you guys also liked or played the Mass Effect games.  

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »

My scout girl is so far on the dark path she has Revan body suit undies.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:58 PM »

I forgot all about that. I forgot most of the game to be honest. I can't go full DS either now that I think about it. 
I guess I'll just play how I feel and probably end up dark grey. Whenever I've played these types of games I always stuck to what I figured the game wanted me to do to end up with a certain alignment (Boring, I know). It should be way more fun making the decisions I want to make. I guess I missed the point of that freedom with most RPG's.

By the way, not to move on to talking at length about another game here, but I'm curious if you guys also liked or played the Mass Effect games. 

My preferred method of obtaining dark side points is empty threats, blackmail, bounty hunting, and assassinations. Technically speaking you can have gone full light side the entire game and still follow the dark side ending depending on how you deal with Bastila. Trouble with this dark side run.... is that I need Dustil to live because I still need my research and because Carth romance ends if he doesn't, which defeats the whole purpose of me attempting a DS female run for the cut end game DX

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: