Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Author Topic: Autumn Raffle 2016 Entries and Prizes  (Read 32490 times)
Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

I like that you added the O-rings to the Quick Release Coupler and having it pair with the Archon 2.1. I had to use O-rings on the flush vented coupler to straighten up my twin Dark Arbitter sabers so the AV switches would line up together.

Good job with you saber haul JediXIX.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2016, 03:20:02 AM »

And now The Reaping starts . . .

. . . long day of traveling but we're back home . . . with my Collection.

So I had a little time for fun with MHS parts.

Really looked forward to this one:

- Consular Body w/ Shroud

- Scorpion MHS Pommel

- Reaper Emitter w/ Claw

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

wind23
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2016, 03:25:57 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new here. Cool sabers!

My raffle entry was an Archon v3.1 in consular green with silver FOC and obsidian v3 sound. I love it.

My prize was a red Aeon (v3?) with lithium ion. I've already customized it with emitter holes and some black and gold paint in the grooves.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Aeon. I've never been especially attracted to the US original hilt designs, BUT...  As someone who got hooked on swords and sword culture via my childhood lightsaber fetish, I've spent a good part of the past decade collecting katanas and practicing the Japanese sword art Iaido. And while I've continued to collect movie accurate saber props, I've also scoffed at how uncomfortable and impractical the classic hilt designs are. So when I powered up the Aeon and put it through its paces, I was knocked out by how balanced, ergonomic, and right it feels. It truly is an elegant and (if it were real) practical saber. But you guys already know that  Smiley

I finally get it.

Also, I've never been a fan of red blades but I can't put this thing down. It's so bright!

Thanks, Emory and Co., for the great sabers!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2016, 03:40:54 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new here. Cool sabers!

My raffle entry was an Archon v3.1 in consular green with silver FOC and obsidian v3 sound. I love it.

My prize was a red Aeon (v3?) with lithium ion. I've already customized it with emitter holes and some black and gold paint in the grooves.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Aeon. I've never been especially attracted to the US original hilt designs, BUT...  As someone who got hooked on swords and sword culture via my childhood lightsaber fetish, I've spent a good part of the past decade collecting katanas and practicing the Japanese sword art Iaido. And while I've continued to collect movie accurate saber props, I've also scoffed at how uncomfortable and impractical the classic hilt designs are. So when I powered up the Aeon and put it through its paces, I was knocked out by how balanced, ergonomic, and right it feels. It truly is an elegant and (if it were real) practical saber. But you guys already know that  Smiley

I finally get it.

Also, I've never been a fan of red blades but I can't put this thing down. It's so bright!

Thanks, Emory and Co., for the great sabers!

Hi Wind23 - welcome & congrats on your win!

If you're looking for another UltraSaber that handles well and looks great - I would highly recommend you check out the Dark Sentinel LE with the Manticore Low pommel on it.

You'll love that one!

For more details- you can check out this Review of the Dark Sentinel:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31655.0

(Yes - the Sentinels are my overall favorite non-canon hilts.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2016, 03:51:40 AM »

considering I have 2 sentinels in my collection I agree, handle great.

hey, LC is that "the back scratcher" or "nose picker"?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2016, 03:55:45 AM »

Back scratcher!  The Scorpion pommel makes it ideal!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2016, 07:29:41 AM »

Speaking of mashups, and since this is my prize with a piece of one of my entry sabers...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »

Point for that one shade. Smiley

Although, someone did beat you to it, unfortunately.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33204.msg514190#msg514190

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »

Speaking of mashups, and since this is my prize with a piece of one of my entry sabers...

That pommel really suits the Scorpion.  Smiley

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2016, 03:21:24 PM »

Point for that one shade. Smiley

Although, someone did beat you to it, unfortunately.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33204.msg514190#msg514190

Well, shoot.

Still, yeah, the Lost Gray pommel lines up perfectly with the Scorpion's hilt shroud, and the line of silver right before the end of the Scorpion hilt gives it a nice visual cohesion.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2016, 03:54:07 PM »

Love it!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17