Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: little info from a beta tester I know  (Read 11156 times)
swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« on: October 13, 2011, 03:09:04 AM »

So not going to have spoilers here bat a few things of note I think are awesome.

1) for each story line for the classes there are several endings. my friend in beta has played one class through 3 times a different way and has gotten a different ending each time.

2) wow players wont like this game. why? its harder. the classes take more than the face rolling that is present in wow. Friend says that the classes take longer to master and when raiding and in flashpoints you do a lot more movement. the different tanks also play very differently.

ill add more as i can pry it out of him

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »

Does he or you have any thoughts on the specialized keyboard and/or mouse that razorzone is coming out with?

http://www.razerzone.com/swtor

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:47:59 AM »

1) Expensive!

Ok seriously.

The keyboard: looks bad ass but has a lot of things i dont see the use for. like the tap pad. although of all the things listed I would be most likely to get this.

The mouse: I know people that have a very similar mouse from razor (naga) and they love it. for me personally it seems like to many thumb buttons. I have the razor death adder mouse and live it. razor makes great products and If i need a new mouse I may get this type.

the mouse pad: lol please. way to expensive for a freaking mouse pad.

the headset: I dont like the geometrical shape. I think it would feel weird. however again razor is awesome. I own a razor and have had it for over 2 years. thing is amazing. I used to go through a head set every few months and they were always uncomfortable. you know when you wear headphones for an hour or so and they start to hurt your ears? yeah never get that with razor.

all in all I think the tor stuff is great but I would pick up non tor razor products for a bit cheeper.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:48 AM »

I Can't Wait  Grin  Grin  Grin!!!!!

The Bloody Red Queen Being WOW Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »

Q Swam:  I only caught the estimated prices on that one vid I seen, and they do seem to be more expensive than the regular razorzone items.  I was curious about the mouse having all those buttons, I would probably be accidently hitting them. 

Since I don't have a headset w/mic do you have any suggestions from the razorzone products?

Also was wondering about their keyboards, (look out dumb question coming) are they strictly for games, since they have alphabet and number keys I'm assuming they can be used for general computer usage/typing.

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 01:11:33 AM »

their keyboards (not a dumb question I asked it myself at one point) can be used for regular typing. however I prefer a regular keyboard. I also use a speedpad. you can get one for 30-70 bucks and are awesome. they are more comfortable for your left hand and in my opinion more versatile than a keyboard. I put a link below to show you an example. They take a little bit to get used to but if you use it from the start with tor you will have it down by lvl 20. 

for the headset I like the carcharias
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169415800
Its one of their lower priced headsets and is the one I have Cheesy It has lasted me over 2 years and is very comfortable and the mic is really good.

Lastly for a mouse I recommend the death adder. It has 2 side buttons so they dont get in the way but are still useful. also one of the cheaper models.

So grand total on this? 200 for all three on the high end.

getting the tor official stuff? 350 minimum is my bet.

Speedpad:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=belkin+speedpad&cid=4795987147370720938&ei=udmYTsfHKY3AMtbNzJMI&ved=0CB0QrRI

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 02:03:31 AM »

Thanks for the additional info.  I actually like the looks of that keypad, and the ability to program the keys for customization.  I was actually looking at that headset before I asked for your suggestions.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »

Does he or you have any thoughts on the specialized keyboard and/or mouse that razorzone is coming out with?

Oh shell. Uhm... I can't play games like this because I ruined my arm for two different types of mice. Now I use a pen/tablet for all computer stuff which obviously doesn't really work for games. But, that LCD tablet thing. I wonder how much you can control from it? Hmm... A new hope?

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »

@ Swam:  I just checked out the new trailer on companions.  I got the impression thatyou would get other/more companions as the game progresses.

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:20:28 AM »

I will have to adopt a wait and see attitude on the mouse, in WoW I got used to using shift+hotkey/mousebutton and ctrl+hotkey/mousebutton with my logitech mx518.  The keyboard though...had I not just bought one, looks pretty damn sweet.  If I am reading that info right, the hotkeys for some of your abilities above the touch pad can be customized to share the icons of their matching skill.  Course it might just look like that in the ad and then when you get it they give you little stickers to put on the keyboard lol.  Cause I have never seen a Whopper look anything like it does on the commercial Wink

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:48:26 AM »

I actually have strong feelings for my mouse too http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/optical-gaming-mouse-g400

The model replaced the Mx518 which was in my opinion the most rock solid gaming mouse design to date. A true classic.  I would reccomend it to anyone, quality product, quality name brand, quality config software that lets you map the buttons however you wish, including mapping the zoom in and out buttons to keyboard keys if you really want.  I can't say enough about it Smiley

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 03:05:57 AM »

I have had bad times with logitec. I have gone through 4 or so of their mice.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:54 AM »

I've had bad luck with logitec wireless mice, including one that was recommended from a friend who works as a tech at the local Microsoft facility that is in town

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 05:09:37 AM »

I'm using a Logitech as I type this. I love it personally, it's a solid wireless mouse. Not a gaming mouse though, just one of their cheap "office" type models.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ewanhuzarmie
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »

I've used Razer's products for a few years now. Solid products. When I upgrade, it isn't to replace broken gear, but for the features. The Naga (the mouse that the Star Wars mouse is an adaption of) does take a little time to get used to, but if you force yourself to use the buttons on the side, you'll be used to them within a day or so, and it pays off in response time. I am looking at picking up the new Star Wars keyboard, but I'm not sure I can justify the new mouse since I already have the Naga.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: