Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where Do You Practice Lightsaber Combat?  (Read 5525 times)
Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« on: November 26, 2016, 12:35:15 AM »

My qestion to Saberforum members; "Where Do You Go To Practice Lightsaber Combat?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Uk0nbTjj0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Uk0nbTjj0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:35:30 AM »

To practice combat, my favorite places have been at the beach. But recently I've been using a soccer field that's sort of out of the way.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:01:56 AM »

Living room, dining room, bedroom, hallways, basement, backyard, woods if I can get out in some.

Generally I try to practice in as many different areas as I can.  Living, dining, and bedroom all have furniture and such that I need to avoid hitting, so practicing there helps develope and maintain spacial awareness.  Hallways, especially narrow ones, are great for practicing orbits and defense to help keep everything tight to your body. The basement is fairly open space, but has a very low ceiling, which helps me keep any vertical cuts from going too far back, and reminds me to lower my hips.  The backyard is also open space, without the ceiling restriction, but it also has some trees, large rocks, some holes, and a 26' above ground pool.  The pool has a 4" ledge around it that I practice on.  Yes, water + lightsabers is bad, which is excellent motivation for me to be sure of my footwork and balance, and not to overextend.   The woods are also great for varied terrain and tree do block US sabers, so learning to move though them, moving to avoid running into one or hitting one, while at the same time using them as a defense if possible is good practice.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »

Usually in my yard, or in a parking lot. I don't have a lot of times to practice, and my woods are very dense, and have a lot of underbrush, so I don't often get to practice there, but I would love to be able too. In the winter I like to practice in the yard, because then I have to deal with snow.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Akheron
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

"The middle path is the way to wisdom."

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »

I've fought co-workers a few times in my employer's parking lot, and I have a lot of open space around my house. I live half a block from a river which makes for a nice background, especially when the sun is setting over the other side. My main concern for an outdoor space is having soft, grassy ground underfoot, in case anyone drops a saber.

But now Chicago's two seasons are shifting from Construction back to Winter, and it's getting too cold to do it outside. I need to find an indoor space that's both large and warm enough, or I'm going to be practicing orbits by myself with a short blade for the next several months.

Ultrasabers what I own:

Dark Initiate LE V4 - Diamond
Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Diamond
Bellicose - Emerald, ObsidianV4
Apprentice V4 - Tri-Guardian Blue, ObsidianV4
Crimson Scorpion - Blazing Red, Silver FoC, ObsidianV4 <- Raffle Prize Smiley

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:30 PM »

Well, as for me ... ;-)

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33205.0

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »

I practice mostly out behind my dormitory. Though there are some points through the rest of campus where there are narrow walkways or concrete walls that I use to practice combat balance.

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 07:22:36 AM »

My friend has a gym in his apartment complex that Ia the perfect size for fightinv

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 03:56:34 PM »

Living room, dining room, bedroom, hallways, basement

All of those.  I try to avoid going outside where I live because, if people see you swinging around a huge stick practicing attacks, the may just call the cops on you.  Or just shoot you.  (no, I'm not being sarcastic or making this up)  Plus, it's getting somewhat chilly this time of year.

Master Althalus
Resident Master
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »

I  have a dedicated training area in my flat for my solo-training (Sabercombat and HEMA) and I use my HEMA-club's training hall for duelling - doesn't matter if I fight with steel or a glowstick in freeplay.  Wink

Sabers
Emerald: Dark Mantis
Obsidian v4: Shock, Dark Initiate v4, Consular
Obsidian Lite: Aeon v4, Dominix LE v4
Stunt: Apprentice v4, Initiate LE v2, Aeon v4

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:55 PM »

I like the back yard when it's warmer weather, but now that it's covered in snow, it's in the room of the house with the highest ceiling, our front room with the blinds closed for privacy, but it's also my wife's sewing room, so then it's my smaller office downstairs with my 24 inch blade for semi-practice.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 07:56:36 AM »

In the boxing room, generally just after Savate Training or Canne Training ... and sometimes with glow stick enthusiasts in some city parks Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »

Living room, dining room, bedroom, hallways,

These too, more frequently lately.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 05:21:57 PM »

Sith Training Outpost:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spGC8H1gEM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7spGC8H1gEM</a>

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: