Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Drongar Alpha  (Read 10704 times)
Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 135

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »

:: Lieutenant Commander Kardac Shalth/Kaberc Shurret ::
:: Testing facility, Prison building ::

~Kardac was watching all the prisoners in the cells file out, making sure that only the Alliance crew got the weapons from the bodies.  He'd noticed a couple more sentients come out of the cells that had been further down the hall.  One was a human male and one a Trandoshan.  Immediately he was cautious of the Trandoshan.  They were notorious for being ill tempered and violent.  One of the men that came out of the big cells started chatting right away.  Bel confronted him and he immediately blew her off and went to speak to Areta.  The man then noticed the Trandoshan as well and promptly informed Bel that he was quite a violent and disreputable fellow.  Kardac trained his blaster on the reptilian, who immediately reconsidered his action to try and pick up a weapon.  Areta then directed the man over to him.  As the man approached, Kardac still had his weapon pointed at the Trandoshan, but turned his attention to meet the man.  

~He was quite talkative, and Kardac picked up on a few subtle things that had made his suspicions lean a certain way.  He'd mentioned Alliance first, or one of the rebel factions that hadn't joined.  Also he said he didn't think anybody knew he was here, nor that he wasn't important enough to be sprung, which mean he belonged to something, but wasn't mentioning exactly what.~

"She's right you do talk a lot, but you appear to be remarkably calm despite everything."

~Kardac leaned in a little closer and spoke in a whisper.~

"I hear the summers on Alderaan used to be quite warm."

"But the winters could be as cold as the void of space, especially to those that wronged her."

~Kardac smirked just a little.  It was enough confirmation.  If this man seemed to have met Areta before, and he knew the proper response, there was little doubt.  Kardac still was speaking quietly.~

"You're AI, aren't you?"

~The man gave a little smile, but no other confirmation.  Out of the corner of his eye Kardac caught the Trandoshan trying to go for the guard's blaster and promptly shot the reptilian in a wounding only spot, though when he didn't go down and continued for the blaster, Kardac put two more bolts in him until he dropped.  With that threat eliminated Kardac's gaze wandered over to Areta and he nodded his head a little at the man he'd been speaking to and Areta nodded in silent confirmation.~

"Alright then Mr. whoever you are, why don't you go ahead and grab that blaster that's no longer needed by that guard."

~Kardac turned a bit and spoke to Lunelle.~

"If you don't mind, I'd like to give a couple more orders before I turn over the reins?"

~The Captain nodded and Kardac spun and crisply issued a couple orders.~

"Valkee, tear open the lock on that inner door to the front lobby area, then you and DeBrek get the outside door open.  There's no power, so you'll probably have to rip the door panel off and trigger the manual release so you can open the door by hand.  Keler should be dropping in with party favors any minute.  Watch your heads though, the building straight ahead out there is the control center for sensors and comms as well as an armory."

~As the Bothan started to move past, Kardac reached into one of his pouches and pulled out the cyborg's original battery for his arm and passed it off in case the one in his arm now became depleted.  He then turned with Lunelle and faced the man that had come out of one of the individual cells that had been identified as an Imperial turncoat.  The Captain spoke up.~

"So, you're a turncoat eh?  Suppose we give you a blaster, you gonna help us do what we came here to do?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:57:01 PM by Krace » Logged

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 554

Lord of the Force

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »

:: Ralen Yorul, Human Mercenary ::
:: Prison Hall ::

After walking a few steps, he noticed a man pick up a blaster, and point it towards him. Although Ralen knew that it was only pointed towards him, and not actually aimed at him, he still decided to pause. Listening to the proceedings that took place between the man he knew as J’barrl, and various members of the group, he slowly became more uncomfortable. As the men started talking about the Trandoshan, Ralen understood why. The Trandoshan was right behind him, and Ralen could barely see him out of the corner of his eye. Turning a little, so he could keep a better eye on him, he noticed the creature reaching to pick up a blaster. He was about to move in and try to stop him, but one of the humans from the group blasted him once, and then twice more before Ralen could move. The Trandoshan was now down and badly wounded, which was enough to keep him from trying to move or do anything else.

As Ralen turned back to watch the group, the large human began giving orders. After a few moments, he and another slightly shorter man turned towards Ralen and the shorter one said, "So, you're a turncoat eh? Suppose we give you a blaster, you gonna help us do what we came here to do?"

Ralen’s reply came quickly. “Well, that depends on what it is that you are doing. If it'll get me off this rock, than yes, I will. If it will hurt the Empire, than I most definitely will. I prefer to work with my hands, but I can use a blaster as good as any man. Name's Yorul by the way. Ralen Yorul.” He added finally. Still keeping an eye on the Trandoshan, as well as the rest of the group, he slowly began to walk over to them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:08:53 PM by Krace » Logged

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

[_((((((((_o_((((|=|   Current saber: Dominix v4                         

l l l l l l l l l_o_lll__|   Current saber: Dominix v2                          

|_[[[[[[[[[_o_|-|   Current saber: Dark Apprentice LE v4         

[_((((((((_o_|=|   Current Saber: Dark Initiate LE v4 Emerald 
(LS points appreciated)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1490

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »

:: Belyra Vekraa/ Elayne Korvani, Human Smuggler/ Mercenary ::
:: Prison ::

Elayne wasn’t the least bit pleased with this newcomer. Something about him got on her nerves. The man was clearly very intelligent, he was too calm and casual for her liking given what was happening, and it didn’t help how he spoke to her. Sure, she wasn’t in charge, but the way he assumed she wasn’t and said it right to her face so flippantly made her trigger finger itch. Seeing that Kardac already had his blaster aimed at the trandoshan she decided she would be far better off keeping hers aimed at this chatty guy, and continued to scowl as he so directly asked his questions.

She didn’t pretend to understand what happened next, but when Kardac smirked and freely told him to go fetch the final dead guard’s weapons she snapped. “What the kriff, we are gonna trust him just like that?!” she said to Kardac after he gave his orders to the others. “You wanna trust that arrogant arse with a blaster when we have no idea who he is?” She had dropped the Korvani accent, switching back to Bel’s voice and persona given the tension and annoyance of the situation.

You can call me Saris” the man called back over his shoulder as he walked down the corridor. He gave Ralen a little smile as he passed him. “J’barrl was just an alias, but who doesn’t have a few” he said by way of explanation to him.

He proceeded down the end and picking up the mercenary’s carbine, put three shots into the trandoshan’s head. Bel’s blaster had loosely followed him down but when he did that she firmly aimed her weapon at him, not trusting him in the slightest. She cringed as the action pulled at her bandaged wound and shot pain up and down her arm.

That rids us of that problem. By the way Kaberc, you didn’t answer my questions, though it looks like you aren’t truly in charge anyway. Do you mind telling your associate there to drop the blaster? She has bigger things to worry about than me.” Saris had bent back down to rifle through the dead mercenary’s clothing for more weapons, and for the most part was ignoring the deathhammer pointed at him though he was clearly watching her out of the corner of his eye.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »

~Kardac stood by as Lunelle addressed Ralen and the man gave his response.  It seemed honest, which wasn't all that surprising considering he'd been labeled a turncoat.  Usually Imperial turncoats witnessed something pretty brutal which became their wakeup call to try and do something.  It usually didn't excuse their past, but everybody had to start somewhere.  Lunelle went to respond.~

"Fair enough.  Seems like an honest answer.  I'm sure you have..."

~Bel's outburst interrupted Lunelle and made Kardac turn and glare at her.  He stepped closer to her and hissed at her quietly.~

"Yes, we are going to trust him.  I'm about ninety percent sure he's one of us and that I know what he does for us, so we're going to let him participate in this little breakout."

~She scowled a bit at Kardac and at Saris' response.  Lunelle went on with speaking to Ralen after being interrupted by Bel.~

"Anyway, I'm sure you have your reasons to get back at the Empire.  We'll see if we can find a blaster for you to aid with our endeavor here."

~Saris finished off the Trandoshan and then piped up again.  Kardac signed softly.  Spies, always so pushy.~

"The answer to your question is we are here for something, but also to flatten this place.  As for who's in charge, I am partly running things, but Tobian gets to be top Kath hound at the moment."

~Kardac turned and glared at Bel again as Saris had finished with the guard and was moving back towards the group.~

"And you, put your damn blaster down."

~When she didn't comply right away he reached out with his free hand and pressed his thumb against her bandaged wound.  He also leaned in quiet close and spoke in a faint whisper.~

"We all have things we don't want revealed, at least not yet."

~It took her a moment but then she paled a bit, probably after both getting the meaning of his words and from the pain he was inflicting on her arm.  Her blaster finally dropped and her posture got less aggressive.~

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 05:12:20 PM »

:: Prison Hall ::

After Ralen had given his response, he waited a moment to see what would happen next. The man he knew as J’barrl was given permission to get a blaster, and as he walked by, he spoke to Ralen. “You can call me Saris, J’barrl was just an alias, but who doesn’t have a few.” he added offhandedly. Ralen barley heard what the man said, because just before, the one of the men began to speak to him, and the woman with the blaster pointed towards Saris was talking angrily. After dealing with the woman’s outburst, the man who had originally been talking to Ralen once again began to speak.

"Anyway, I'm sure you have your reasons to get back at the Empire.  We'll see if we can find a blaster for you to aid with our endeavor here."

Ralen was about to reply, but so much had happened at once, that he had not even notice when Saris had procured the blaster, but with the shots fired into the Trandoshan’s head right behind him, he instantly became aware of everything once again. A few more tidbits of conversation and drama were had, and when Ralen thought they were finished, he began to reply.

“I don’t know who exactly you are, though I assume you must be with the Rebellion. But since you have not killed me yet, I will trust you, for now.”

"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

(LS points appreciated)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »

:: Belyra Vekraa/ Elayne Korvani, Human Smuggler/ Mercenary ::
:: Prison, Testing Facility ::

”We all have things we don’t want revealed, at least not yet” Kardac whispered quietly to her. Elayne’s brain registered the words at the same time it registered the suddenly increased pain in her arm from him grabbing her wound and she visibly paled, dropping the blaster. If he told them now... She had little doubt she would be counted amongst the dead on the floor of the prison. She had gotten them into the facility and freed the alliance men, her usefulness was now over. Cold tendrils of fear slowly wiggled into her mind but she pushed them aside, instead building her walls back up in her mind and warily watching the others as she took a step backwards out of the way of the others.

“Doukehau dotkohu” [extorting bastard] she said very quietly under her breath in Huttese.

Saris walked back over towards the group, stopping next to Ralen. “Sounds like a good plan” he commented, handing the man a pistol he had taken from the mercenary guard’s body. He then tossed a small pouch of credits to Lunelle that he had also taken.

Meanwhile Tyy’n and Areta had done as they were asked and broken the inner door lock and were working on the outer door. Above them Elayne could hear the sound of her ship’s engines more loudly, and one of her turrets suddenly going quiet. She hoped that meant things were going to plan.

Above, Keler was dropping down a rope with two bulging duffel bags, landing between the prison building and communications building. He didn’t stay still for long, quickly unclipping from the rope and pressing himself against the prison building near the door with his blaster rifle held at the ready and glancing around for any sign of stormtroopers or guards.

Oi boss, d’ya know what the kark is going on here?” he shouted through the door. Fifteen seconds later the door opened. He grinned when he saw it was the Bothan who opened it.

Nice timing Valkee, glad to see things are going to plan. I suggest we get that door closed immediately because there are guards working their way this direction and while the Mynock’s Bane is keeping them pinned down to a degree, they are smart enough to keep to cover where the ground buzzer ain’t getting them.” Keler pushed his way through the doorway with a little difficulty given his load and Tyy’n did as he suggested, working to close the door once he was in. Keler grinned again when he saw everyone was safe and sound and placed the two duffel bags on the ground.

Happy Life Day everyone, I got presents for yas. I see we have found a few more helpers” he said cheerily. He looked around and noticed Elayne’s shirt ripped and her arm bandaged. “Got yourself a little banged up eh Cap?

“I’ll be fine once I get one of the stims from the med kit in that bag” she commented back, once again speaking with Korvani’s accent as the others got the bags open.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »

~Kardac watched Bel get out of the way of the men and it looked like her lips were saying something, but he couldn't make out what.  His focus was diverted though as Tyy'n and Areta gothe inner prison door open.  They then started to work on the outer door.  They would have to manually release the locking mechanism and pull the door open by hand since there was no power.  He heard Bel's ship sweep around overhead of the building and the distinct noise of the quad guns lessened, which probably meant the lower turret was no longer being manned by Keler and he was on his way down.  Not too much longer after that there was a pounding on the door and he heard Keler's voice which made him grin.  Once the door was opened the big man came in with their weapons in the bags they'd packed and then the door was closed behind him.~

"Good to see you brought all the toys."

~Keler nodded and Kardac and Lunelle knelt down by the bags to start distributing equipment.~

"Gather round boys, time to pass out the party favors."

~Kardac passed off the E-11 he'd taken from the trooper when he found his own weapons in the top of the bag, sliding them into their holsters.  He then found a med pack and handed it off to Cab and nodded in the direction of Bel, to whom the Twi'lek immediately went to go see about her wound.  After a few weapons were pulled off the top he found the two parts of Zeeke's Z-6 and pulled them out to hand to the Sergeant.  Keler had been wearing a small generator pack and had handed that off to Zeeke already.  Now the man just needed to reassemble the cannon part and he'd be ready to lay down heavy fire as needed.  Eventually both bags were emptied for the most part and everyone, including Ralen and Saris, was now quite armed.  Now possessing weapons to fight with, most seemed to have a fire burning in their eyes, looking to put some hurt on the Empire.  So far their plan had been executed near completely as they'd hoped.  He just mentally crossed his fingers that the remainder of what they had to do would go as such.~

"Alright folks, gather round.  Time to take care of business."

~Cab was done patching up Bel and everybody gathered around Kardac and Lunelle and Kardac nodded to the Captain who would give the orders to break the group into teams and who would go where.~

"Listen up, we're going to break into two groups and secure objectives.  I will lead the group that is going to go back out and make sure we take care of any resistance.  We'll sweep the two buildings to the north of this one, then move to the building north of the main experiment labs.  Kaberc will lead the other group through the south entrance of the labs and work their way north to where we will end up.  His group will be Elayne, Valkee, DeBrek, Saris, Surrell, and our Imperial turncoat who should prove somewhat useful since it seems he has been in at least part of the lab."

The man nodded, confirming that he did indeed know part of the layout.  Lunelle then continued.

"I will take the rest to sweep the other three buildings and then meet up with Kardac's group."  Any questions?"

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »

:: Elayne Korvani/ Belyra Vekraa, Human Mercenary/ Smuggler ::
:: Imperial Testing Facility ::

With no objections the two groups parted, with Elayne, Kardac, Tyy’n, Areta, Cort and the two newcomers Saris and Ralen heading for the southern entrance to the prison. They managed to get out the doors of the prison then quickly went over to the laboratory, to find that the doors there were still powered. Obviously there was an extra power generator that they had been unaware of. Saris quickly went back into the prison to retrieve an id card off one of the mercenaries and that gave them access to the building.

Inside they found the walls were stark white, a short corridor running ahead of them with what seemed to be two longer corridors breaking off from it. Kardac turned to look at the Imperial turncoat, who shrugged and replied quietly “might as well start with this first passage.

They worked their way down the passage way carefully, moving forwards in turn while the others covered them. Either side there were evenly spaced closed doors. Behind the first one they found a suffering Twi’lek victim of the bioweapon, strapped to a bed and apparently unconscious. There was little that could be done for him and Elayne steeled herself to turn away from the glance she got from the doorway, her expression becoming grim. With the room cleared with the exception of the unconscious Twi’lek and no other doorways through which someone could enter two of their number stayed to quickly check the room for any useful data with orders not to get close to the victim while the other five moved up the passageway to the next doorway.

Elayne stuck her head quickly around the doorway peering into this next room with her blasters held at the ready. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a man lying on the bed, his short reddish brown hair greying at the edges. He was 7 years older than her, though now the difference looked more like 20. Once his good looking angular features had made him popular with the ladies but now the vestiges of that were gone. He was gaunt, his once tanned skin ashen grey and like the previous victim was hooked up to machines monitoring his vitals for information of how the biochemical worked and giving basic life support. Even so there was no mistaking his features bore a strong resemblance to her own, though it had been nearly ten years since she had last seen him. Her blasters dropped down of their own accord and with a quick glance to make sure there was no one else in the room she stepped through the doorway, a mix of shock and sadness marring her face.

"Danint? Kriffin' 'ell, is that really you?!" She said incredulously as she stepped into the room, all masking of her voice dropped as she reverted to her original husky Corellian accent. She heard one of the men behind hiss her name but she ignored it. The man's eyes fluttered open and his head turned her direction on the pillow as he recognised a voice he hadn't heard in almost a decade.

"Ruuni?! Little Ruuni? No it can't be!" His dry sounding croaky voice was even more incredulous than hers. She put one blaster back in its holster as she approached the bed. Her green eyes meet with his, once as vibrant green as her own but now dull and almost void of life. They went wide as his eyes confirmed what his ears told him.

"No, my little Ruuni, what are you doing here?! You can't be here!"

She crossed quickly to the bed. "Don't worry about that, I'm not with the Imps but with the rebels. Why are you here, why have they done this to you Danint?!" Expressions of horror and sadness couldn't be hidden from her face.

The man coughed violently and reached a trembling weak hand out to hers. "It's been tough, embargos and taxes... we could barely afford to keep the business running. My private ship, I started smuggling goods on the side...." Elayne sighed a little "oh no" then looked with concern, gasping the words out as she held his hand tight.

"Ma and Pa..."

The man cut her off quickly. "They are fine. Private ship.... alias.... didn't trace it back to the family..." He coughed again, the effort wracking his whole body and contorting his face in pain. Elayne held his hand in support, gulping at the lump in her throat and the tears pricking at her eyes.

"But they caught me. Im... imprisoned me. Brought..... me here." His breathing was laboured and it was clear how difficult the words were becoming. A stubborn look crossed her face as tears began to run. She released his hand and leant across him to remove the monitoring equipment.

"I'm going to get you out of here" she said determinedly. He grabbed at her wrist weakly to stop her.

"No. No..... it's too late. I'm ..... done for."

"No don't say that! You can't say that! I can't leave you here like this!" She choked the emotion filled words out.

The man continued to hold her wrist. "You know......." More violent coughs took over his body, this time causing him to cough up blood. He laid there struggling to breathe, eyes closed for a long moment, then opened them again. The ill man let go of her wrist and reached up towards her face, and the woman leant down towards him. He smiled as he caressed her cheek, his voice cracking and barely above a whisper.

"You... so beautiful. Ma and Pa would be so proud. Promise.... promise me. You'll go home. See them.... it's been so long. You shouldn't.... left home. Let them know... They deserve..."

She nodded as tears ran down her cheek and onto his fingers. She held his hand against her face and looked into his eyes, her own voice barely more than a whisper and thick with her sadness. "Yes. I promise."

His hand brushed her hair. "Your hair... Not so red now."

She smiled despite what she was feeling. "I dyed it to hide my identity. We had to lie our way in here to take down this facility. I... I still work as a smuggler and gun for hire. I know Ma and Pa wanted me to settle and do honest work but..."

"You were always like Pa. So... So rebellious.... Independent.... Always... Trouble. Away... Too long. Missed you, so much. So glad... I got to see you... Once more before... 'fore the end."

He gave her another smile through the pain, then struggled to lift his head and look past her to the men standing and watching bewildered and silently from the door way, raising his voice as much as he could. "Please.... Don't know who you.... look after her. Make sure.... make my little Ruuni.... make her safe." The effort of saying those words was apparently too much and he laid his head back, eyes closed as he gasped in rasping breaths. Elayne couldn't help the sobs that escaped her lips and tried to blink back the tears which refused to stop.

Kardac stepped forward with a solemn face, but keeping some distance. "We will" he said to this unknown dying man. It seemed to bring Danint some comfort and he relaxed a little. Kardac put a hand around the woman's uninjured upper arm and pulled gently.

"We have to go" he said quietly.

Elayne turned tear filled eyes to look at him. "No! I can't leave him here like this!"

"You have to. There is nothing we can do for him. We have to go Bel. We have a mission to complete."

The words were spoken firmly but gently, and he called her by her name instead of the alias. Elayne sobbed again and leaning over gave the ashen grey man a kiss on the forehead. He smiled and opened his eyes.

"Ol'val, min dul'skal, ahn guld domina" he said to her calmly in the language of their forefathers.

"Doaba ol'val tru" she replied softly, tears pouring down her cheeks. Kardac pulled her away towards the door. The smuggler looked back at the man on the bed and he watched her leave, still staring at the doorway long after she left it. At least someone would now know of his fate, and he prayed fervently under his breath between coughs that she escaped and would once again see the skies of Corellia.

(Ol'val, min dul'skal, ahn guld domina = 'Clear skies and good luck, my friend' or 'may fate be with you', Old Corellian farewell)
(Doaba ol'val tru = 'Peace and hope', an Old Corellian greeting or farewell, esp. at a funeral)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:51:41 PM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2017, 08:54:11 PM »

::Sergeant Zeeke Da’Ra/Annubin Navarr::
::Prison Hall/ 2nd Group::

Zeeke’s head was beginning to clear and his eyes were slowly adjusting to the light, it felt like he had been asleep for a long time and his mind was slowly adjusting. He gripped the Z-6 parts in his hands and felt whole again, like a circle had been completed. Within a minute the cannon was put back together and ready to unleash havoc on whomever they ran into.

“You ready for this Dak’r?” Zeeke said with a smile, “time to unleash some of that fury you’ve built up over the years.”

Zeeke noticed the younger man’s silence, always thinking inward Zeeke thought to himself as he performed one last check on his Z-6 before he started to make his way north through the hallways. He still wasn’t overly comfortable with the mission having never been in combat with anyone here it was hard to know who to trust. He had at least trained with Dak’r, but Keler, Dessh, Tej and Cab were almost total unknowns to him.

A slight sneer crossed Zeeke’s face that’s what happens when you stop freelancing and join the big boys. You don’t get to choose your dance partners when you join the good man’s army and that is who the Alliance was hoping to be; the Republic restored, just a softer handed big brother. Shaking his head a little Zeeke’s sneer turned into a grin, of course compared to the heavy hand that has been hitting the galaxy lately a return of the Republic was not the worst thing that could happen.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »

~Kardac and Cort led the group with Areta and Saris bringing up the rear.  Tyy'n kept towards the front in case they needed him for slicing or brute strength from his arm.  Thanks to an ID they took, and an emergency backup generator dedicated to the lab, they were able to access the building with very little trouble.  They started with one passage and began making their way through.  The first room they encountered had an unconscious Twi'lek in it.  The panel on the outside of the room marked the subject as non-contagious and the room itself was not locked, but none the less they were careful as they checked the room.  Kardac told Areta and Saris to finish the sweep and ordered the rest to continue on.~

~The group left the room and moved to the next, Kardac and Cort checked one, but found that it was empty.  They came back out only to see Bel inside the room across the hall and moving quickly towards the patient lying there.  The men were trying to call her name and get her to stop getting close.  Kardac rushed into the room but she was already really close and speaking to the man.  Kardac was panicked, but he wasn't about to take further risks trying to get too close, just in case.  Now he could do nothing but stand there and watch.  Kardac ushered the rest of the men out, bidding them to check more rooms, but to touch nothing.  As they left, he started to pick up more of the two's conversation.~

*Oh kark it all... she knows this man.  She'll probably be out for blood after this.  Runni?  Some nickname?*

~He decided to move around Bel and the man on the bed and checked the readout panels in the room. He could easily see the progression of infection to gestation to the rapid decline of the patient.  It seemed the patient was only contagious for the first twenty-four to forty-eight hours after exposure.  After that it was only a few days until death.  The man seemed to be a couple days past the infectious point.  He did find an option that could administer a lethal dose of sedative to kill the patient, or in this case, put the patient out of his misery.  Kardac was torn.  If he did that, he might set off warnings here in the lab that would give them away.  Also, he didn't know how Bel would react.  Suddenly his attention was pulled back to the conversation.~

*Ma and Pa?  Oh kriffing hells, this man is family.  Bel will be out for wholesale revenge slaughter once she regains her composure.  Going to have to figure how to frakking keep her in line and focused.*

~Kardac winced at the fact that they were touching hands, and all the coughing the man was doing near her, which then included blood.  It was all he could do to restrain himself from pulling her away as the man touched her face.  He kept quiet as the continued to converse.  Eventually they finished and he turned to a couple of the men that had come back to the door, pleading with them, also looking to Kardac.  Hearing the dying plea, Kardac stepped back around closer to Bel and nodded.~

"We will."

~He gently pulled on her uninjured arm with his gloved hand.~

"We have to go."

"No! I can't leave him here like this!"

"You have to. There is nothing we can do for him. We have to go Bel. We have a mission to complete."

~Kardac winced as she kissed the man on the forehead.  They spoke some parting he didn't understand in what he believed was Old Corellian.  He then led her away from the bed, shooing the men out of the way as he took her across the hall to the empty room, then closing the door behind them for a modicum of privacy.  Inside he found what he was hoping for.  Sterile spray and sterile wipes.  Taking them up he stood in front of her.~

"Close your eyes."

~She looked at him in a kind of shellshocked daze, but then did as she was told.  He sprayed her face and she winced a little.  He also sprayed other areas where the man had touched.  Kardac then took the sterile wipes and wiped all the areas off, as well as cleaning off a couple spots of blood that he wasn't sure if they were from her before or the man just now.  After he was sure all points of contact were wiped off, including his own gloves, he stepped back.~

"OK, all done."

~Bel didn't seem to react so he shook her a little, but she was still mostly unresponsive.~

"Bel, we've gotta keep moving.  He's gone, and we aren't finished yet."

~She sniffled and began to tear up.  Not knowing what else to do, he hesitated a moment and considered that the the man was supposed to have been past the contagious point, and he wrapped his arms around her and held her close and until she let it all go.  The sobs and the tears came like a torrent behind a breaking dam.  He'd never seen this side of her.  That man in there had been someone close from her past in her family and now she'd just seen him succumbing to a terrible fate.  With all her tough exterior, this was something that the cunning smuggler was unprepared for.  The tears lasted a couple minutes and he knew they needed to get going again.~

"Bel, it's time to go..."

~The woman was still somewhat stunned, so he had to try something else.~

"Ruuni?  Ruuni, you gotta be brave and carry on."

~Using the name seemed to cut through the haze.~

"What...  What did you call me?"

"I'm sorry, I just needed something to get through to you.  We gotta move.  It's time to shut this place down and destroy this terrible weapon they've got.  You with me?"

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rough Knight
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »

:: Lieutenant Areta Viridux Duros Pilot/Intelligence officer ::
:: AKA Jad De’Brek Captured transport Owner/Captain ::
:: Imperial Testing Facility Dronga Alpha::

Areta and Saris scoured the cupboards and shelves in the first room but found little of intelligence value. The Twi’lek stirred and groaned on his bed and the Duros could see black fluid seeping from beneath the unfortunates medical gown and straps. Both Areta and Saris edged away from the Twi’Lek and out of the door as soon as the room was searched.
The remainder of the group seemed to be clustered around the next door down the corridor or checking the one opposite that. Saris shrugged and motioned to another door directly opposite the room they had just searched. Areta suspected that the Lieutenant Commander would have already checked it but he raised the E-11 rifle that had been taken from one of the guards and nodded to the Human who activated the door switch.

The door slid back to reveal an empty and much smaller room with several monitors down one side, a couple of workstations and some sort of fume cabinet at the far end covered with biohazard warnings. The room was poorly lit with emergency lighting and Areta cautiously stepped inside eyeing the workstations as a more likely source information useful to the Alliance.
Saris followed as Areta searched the workstations, significantly one had half a mug of caf sitting on it still warm.
“Did you here that” Saris said as an odd sparking noise came from under the desk.

Areta stepped back and lifted his rifle as the Human dropped to the ground to look what was making the noise. The next moment there was a flurry of movement as the monitors above the benches came on and a mouse droid, its repairing arm still extended, shot out from underneath the workstation. It  had evidently been trying to satisfy its repair programming by hooking the workstations into the emergency power.
Both Areta and Saris leapt back, not a first realising what it was in the dim light. The mouse droid skittered and crashed about bleeping alarmingly desperately trying to evade them before Saris was able to flip it onto its back. It this position it gave a final plaintive squeal and emitted a cloud of smoke as its circuitry melted down, a standard feature designed to prevent capture of information.
Areta quickly regained his breath and could almost laugh at the fright he had received. The Duros could see the monitors were all on now and something odd seemed to be happening in one of the rooms shown, where Elayne seemed to be talking to one of the test subjects, it was clear even from the screen she was in some distress.

Saris had noticed something else, in its rampage the mouse droid had crashed into the wall opposite the monitors and it was apparent that it was not in fact a wall but a floor to ceiling cupboard that had been overlooked as such in the dim light. Although it now seemed clear there were in fact four such cupboards that formed the wall, quite obvious when illuminated by the light of the monitors.
Saris used the barrel of his weapon to open the cupboard door further, it contained scientific glassware. Areta followed suit opening the one nearest the door which contained electrical equipment. The third had a considerable amount of tubes and dissecting equipment. Areta tried the fourth but it wouldn’t open so the Human tried while once again the Duros covered him with the looted E-11.

Saris heaved at the door and after a moment it reluctantly began to budge, suddenly a hand holing a pistol appeared through the gap, but the Human was fast enough to slam the door again causing the weapon to drop even as it fired a single shot that whistled past Aretas head to destroy a monitor behind him on the opposite wall.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »

:: Testing Facility, Prison Building ::

Ralen and the rest of his group headed off following Kaberc. Once they were in the lab, Ralen looked around at the white wall. Though he did not associate them with pain, or at least not his pain, they still where full of bad memories. It was plain to anyone looking at him that this was not a happy place, so when Kaberc turned at looked at him for direction, Ralen just shrugged, and said “might as well start with this first passage.”

There were rooms on either side of the corridor. The first one contained a Twi’lek victim, and the second, a man. Ralen did not get a good look at him because Elayne had quickly entered, and after coming out of another room, Kaberc had told them to move on. The next room they checked was empty. After searching the cupboards and the few remaining data files, the found that there was nothing of any use to them, so they quickly moved on.

As they exited the room, they heard a voice coming from down at the end of the hallway. “What’s going on?” it asked. “What were those sounds from the prison?” Then hearing a blaster shot from behind us, and apparently noticing that the group were not guards, it quickly turned and ran into a room, with white robe flapping behind him as he moved away. Ignoring the scientist, Ralen looked back down the hall wondering aloud “what was that?”

(LS points appreciated)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 10:53:32 AM »

::Elayne Korvani/ Belyra Vekraa, Human Mercenary/ Smuggler ::
:: Laboratories, Imperial Testing Facility ::

Elayne was in a daze. She'd barely heard anything Kardac had said to her, flinching a little when he put his arms around her and pulling back out of instinct, but the action released the tears and she could do nothing but stand there crying, the same thought running through her head over and over.

Danint... why did this happen? Why did this happen to you, why?

When the crying had subsided the officer had tried to get her to move again but she stood there numb. Something broke through the haze... had he just called her Ruuni?

“What....what did you call me?”

The words sounded hollow and distant to her ears, like she wasn't the one who had said them, but the words seemed to get louder. Being addressed by the nickname she hadn't been called in many many years, and by someone who didn't know her by that name, seemed to slowly bring things into focus. She heard what Kardac said, but the nickname played over and over in her mind.... Kardac had called her Ruuni. She had never liked the nickname, but to hear it come out of someone else's mouth...

A spark of anger shone through the numb expression on her face, and her eyes met Kardac's. “Don't you ever, ever call me by that name” she said, her shoulders tensing as she took a step backwards.

I won't, as I said I needed something to get through to you. Let's go, we have to finish finding what we need then destroy this place so the Empire can't use this against anyone else” he replied, one hand held up and motioning for her to calm. She hadn't realised that both hands were now twitching near the grips of her holstered blasters.

The Empire.... the Empire had done this to Danint. The words rang like a bell in her head and her eyes narrowed, her expression becoming murderous. “Those frakking bastards will pay for doing that to Danint!” she growled and pushed her way past Kardac to head back out into the corridor, one blaster pulled free. Her movements felt drunken, almost sluggish. She still hadn't recovered from her shock but now one thought shone through her pain and anguish- she would make the Empire pay for hurting her family.

There was the sound of a blaster shot and the now angry woman growled something unintelligible, pulled the second blaster out as she charged unthinking out into the corridor. She had barely taken one step through when she felt herself pulled backwards into the room.

Pull your kriffing head in and keep down if plasma is flying!” Kardac hissed at her. She shot him an angry look, but some small amount of common sense and instinct broke through and she crouched down inside the doorway.

“They did that to Danint, they deserve to die!” she hissed savagely.

Kardac had his weapon in his hands and carefully peered out around the door. “Do you think Danint would want you to get yourself killed in the process?!

“Don't act like you know him, you don't know him!” The upset woman snapped back. His words made some measure of sense even in her state, though she was too stubborn to admit it. The tall man was smart enough not to reply back to that.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »

:: Sergeant Zeeke Da’Ra/Annubin Navarr::
::Imperial Testing Facility Droga Alpha/ Hallway outside Security Command/Armory building::

Zeeke tried to keep his heart rate down as he followed as quietly as possible behind Dak’r, the corporal was every bit as silent as his dossier said his feet not making a sound as he closed in on the doors of the security command center in front of them.

Naturally Dak’r has taken point followed by Zeeke and Dessh moving together, Tej and Lunelle were a few steps behind them and Cab and Keler taking up the rear. Hopefully we will not run into much trouble Zeeke thought to himself as he watched Dak’r move silently forward in the dim lights.

As faint shadow came down the corridor followed by the light footsteps of regulation boots. The group frozen and readied themselves for combat, all except Dak’r. With a speed that Zeeke had not observed in their training Dak’r moved forward at a silent sprint leaving Zeeke’s field of vision. A second later the footsteps stopped and the hallway was once again left in silence.

After a quick look back at Lunelle, Zeeke motioned for the group to move forward. As they slowly worked their way up the corridor they came across the body of an Imperial soldier. Dak’r stood over his body smiling, holding the soldier’s identification card. Dak’r didn’t say a word but his expression did, with a little luck getting into the command center just got easier. Returning the corporal’s smile Zeeke motioned him forward and after a moment the rest of the group followed.

Within a few moments the group had caught back up to Dak’r who was crouching at the far reaches of the emergency lights. He held a hand up for the group to stop. He gave several hand signals indicating that there were two guards up ahead, one on each side of the door to the security command center.

Zeeke nodded his head in acknowledgement and relayed the message to Lunelle before Zeeke pointed at Dak’r and Dessh and made a motion of them going forward before Zeeke put his
thumb up to his throat and ran it slowly across. Nodding his head Lunelle grimaced and with a quick hand motion Zeeke sent Dak’r and Dessh forward.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: