Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Fresh Movies  (Read 4541 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 05:24:37 AM »

I got 10 stories I'd like to see happen, all of them I've started wriring/have wrote. I'm extremely paranoid so I won't let out anything. Ive always said if I came across a large sum of money, I'd finance my own films. In turn, if profitable, I'd like to give others an opportunity to get their vision to screen. Alot of film costs are bullspit, honestly. There's alot of work involved, but the costs go up when too many cooks are in the kitchen

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »

I'm on the autism spectrum, and it manifests as hypomanic symptoms; so I take mood stabilizers.
But what is ASD?

Just like that and you two are off topic.  Roll Eyes
New movie idea: There was this upstart Sith apprentice that got too big for his breeches and started stepping out of line and he gets popped like a zit. Grin

I want to see a Sci-Fi movie from the perspective of the aliens where humans think they are in the right but they are really invading the aliens' territory.  Or maybe they're just bad humans.  That would be a nice change from the films where aliens are always the bad guys.  There have been books and games like that, but not movies that I know of.
There's also an animated film called "Battle for Terra" wear humans are the invaders from space. There's also Ender's Game. (NM LB covered that. Tongue)

Avatar and District 9 are told from the perspective of humans.  Humans who become aliens, but still humans.  I'm talking about a story that takes place entirely from the perspective of the aliens.  An alien invasion style film, but where humans are the alien invaders.

I don't know if anybody else has read Timothy Zahn's Conquerors' Trilogy, but the first two books are told from different perspectives.  Conquerors' Pride tells the story from the human perspective, Conquerors' Heritage tells it from the perspective of the Zhirrzh, an alien race.  Reading from both perspectives tells you how both sides think they're in the right.  Conquerors' Legacy tells from both perspectives.  It's an interesting way to do things, in my opinion.  It's more outside the box thinking to tell a whole book or movie from a nonhuman viewpoint, in my opinion.
You'd have a hard time selling it. Most aren't aware that an audience only engages in stories that they can sympathize with. And the last I checked, the average demographic of movie-goer is 100% human. Wink It may make for a good story, but you'd have to have a spark of redemption for humanity. Otherwise it won't be liked because people don't want to see themselves as the bad guy.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 03:32:47 PM »

You'd have a hard time selling it. Most aren't aware that an audience only engages in stories that they can sympathize with. And the last I checked, the average demographic of movie-goer is 100% human. Wink It may make for a good story, but you'd have to have a spark of redemption for humanity. Otherwise it won't be liked because people don't want to see themselves as the bad guy.

Yeah, I know.  The truth hurts, and all that.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »

I wanna see a movie about retired gangsters showing a group of gangsta-wannabes what a real gangster is like after they mug one of them. Starring Sean Connery, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Michael Caine, and Robert Duvalle.

WHAT?!

No Joe Pesci?

Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 04:39:07 PM »

WHAT?!

No Joe Pesci?

Tongue

Pesci is the old gangster that gets mugged and killed in the first five minutes.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: