Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE  (Read 1962 times)
Tfasa
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

« on: December 04, 2016, 08:34:59 PM »

hey guys so i bought a ticket for the midnight premier. I am of course dressing up as a Jedi and bringing my ultra sabers graflex with me. What are you guys doing if your going? how do you think the movie will be? 

The Force will be there always

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »

I'm really excited for it. Not sure when I'll see it or if I'll dress up.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »

hey guys so i bought a ticket for the midnight premier. I am of course dressing up as a Jedi and bringing my ultra sabers graflex with me. What are you guys doing if your going? how do you think the movie will be? 

I'm getting together with my best friend. We saw ROTS and TFA in the theater. I think I'll be going out to his place, since he came out to mine for TFA. I then have to go out of town the next day, otherwise I was going to offer to go in costume with sabers to my local theater and offer to pose for action pictures to help relieve the concession stand lines. Maybe for Episode VIII.

I think the movie will be good, but I don't think it will be as big as TFA. It doesn't have the hype or marketing, and this movie isn't for casual fans. Casual fans don't care about the gaps; die hard fans do. All that leads to ticket sales that won't be nearly as high.

I also think a good portion of fans will find it disappointing, because it will rewrite the old canon, and they'll hate that. They'll also hope to see something that isn't in there, and they'll get all ticked off about that, too.

I just hope we can go in with an open mind and realistic expectations so we can enjoy it and avoid all the stuff I just mentioned.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Tfasa
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »

I'm getting together with my best friend. We saw ROTS and TFA in the theater. I think I'll be going out to his place, since he came out to mine for TFA. I then have to go out of town the next day, otherwise I was going to offer to go in costume with sabers to my local theater and offer to pose for action pictures to help relieve the concession stand lines. Maybe for Episode VIII.

I think the movie will be good, but I don't think it will be as big as TFA. It doesn't have the hype or marketing, and this movie isn't for casual fans. Casual fans don't care about the gaps; die hard fans do. All that leads to ticket sales that won't be nearly as high.

I also think a good portion of fans will find it disappointing, because it will rewrite the old canon, and they'll hate that. They'll also hope to see something that isn't in there, and they'll get all ticked off about that, too.

I just hope we can go in with an open mind and realistic expectations so we can enjoy it and avoid all the stuff I just mentioned.
I agree, The sales will defiantly not be super high.  I am interested to see where they take the canon.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:47:39 AM »

I'll eventually see it, in a few weeks or so.  I am by no means a causal fan but this film isn't high on my HAVE TO SEE list.  I have no doubt it will be a good film but It really doesn't peak my interest in the lore.  Personally for me No Focus on Force Users= No Interest.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 01:03:22 AM »

I bought 4 tickets for the 845 pm show on Dec. 15th and plan on dressing up and take my UltraSabers Bellicose RGBA with a gold blade or my Guardian in Dark Violet Amethyst. I have a purple day blade so I'm thinking the latter would look cool, or my Bellicose with a DVA blade. I personally think this one could be the Dark Horse many might underestimate, and feel it has some potential we haven't seen yet. Lookin forward to it.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 01:18:30 AM »

I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I had been considering dressing up. Don't really have a proper outfit yet,though. Might just bring my saber.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:10 AM »

I haven't gotten tickets yet, but I had been considering dressing up. Don't really have a proper outfit yet,though. Might just bring my saber.
I say go for it. It makes a statement all on its own.

Tfasa
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 04:45:04 AM »

once everyone gets a load of my amazing ultra saber i am just going to tell them go to ultrasabers.com and get some of my friends to buy sabers. Lets be honest everyone should own at least one ultra saber am i right?  Wink. I am totally bringing the promotion cards that came with my saber.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »

once everyone gets a load of my amazing ultra saber i am just going to tell them go to ultrasabers.com and get some of my friends to buy sabers. Lets be honest everyone should own at least one ultra saber am i right?  Wink. I am totally bringing the promotion cards that came with my saber.
TRUE THAT! That's a GREAT idea about the cards. I have quite a stack of them now, and I'm bringing some for sure. Point for the excellent idea!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:00 AM »

Not trying to lower enthusiasm or anything, but last year for TFA my theater would not let us bring in our lightsabers. Costumes where fine, but weapons were not allowed.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 07:35:48 AM »

I'm prepared for this to modify EU canon. I want things to stay true to OT canon and the characters there. So, I don't have a fear of Rogue One, as it's outside characters.

I want to go opening night in costume with a lightsaber, but I'm a lonely weirdo who doesn't get out enough to have friends that will go with me. I think I've spent all my cosplay points I had with my sister and her husband on Halloween, so they won't be joining me. I'll be all alone. A rogue one, if you will.  Roll Eyes

Anyone have experience with what kind of wait for lines there will be? How early should I arrive etc.?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »

No saber for me for Rogue Ones ... I will watch it in the Morning of the 15th between 2 meetings  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »

I'm prepared for this to modify EU canon. I want things to stay true to OT canon and the characters there. So, I don't have a fear of Rogue One, as it's outside characters.

I want to go opening night in costume with a lightsaber, but I'm a lonely weirdo who doesn't get out enough to have friends that will go with me. I think I've spent all my cosplay points I had with my sister and her husband on Halloween, so they won't be joining me. I'll be all alone. A rogue one, if you will.  Roll Eyes

Anyone have experience with what kind of wait for lines there will be? How early should I arrive etc.?
A
You should definitely go in costume if you want to. I'm the same, and I've learned not to let the availability or lack of enthusiasm of others deter my own plans.

Regarding lines where I live most of the theaters have reserved seating these days, but I do remember when the prequels came out, we didn't get reserved seats, and I had to get in line at least 3-4 hours early. For Rogue One I wouldn't imagine you'd need to arrive more than 2 hours in advance. I almost wish we did have lines so I could have more cosplay time and time to showcase my Ultrasabers lightsaber.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »

Not trying to lower enthusiasm or anything, but last year for TFA my theater would not let us bring in our lightsabers. Costumes where fine, but weapons were not allowed.

This reminds me to call around to local theaters and check their policies / check websites.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: