Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Illuminated dark catalyst  (Read 5500 times)
JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:00 PM »

Has anyone who has gotten a dark catalyst gotten it with an illuminated switch? Haven't really seen many with the hilt itself and the ones I've seen don't have an illuminated switch. Curious how it looks

Mines going to have one but surely someone else has done it right?

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:07:27 AM »

I got my DC retrofitted with a silver AV switch (it was before they offered the black ones) with red light. I think it looks pretty good! Honestly, I'd probably still choose silver over black, because it carries the silver contrasts and breaks up the black just enough to look frickin' sweet.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »

That looks sweet. I'm leaning towards silver illuminated blue myself.

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

Padawan

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »

Just wondering (as I am somewhat of a US noob) what type of saber can be fitted with an illuminated AV switch?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »

I also got a red illuminated silver AV JediJacob (sorry the pic's blurry):

All and any of them can Memeosity. Smiley

Oh - except for maybe the V2 stunts.  Not sure about those.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »

nice! My only worry with the saber im getting is since I'm getting an emerald if i change the blade color how odd will it look with non matching colors.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:44:33 PM »

A valid concern. 

I suggest that, if you must have an illuminated switch, but intend to change the blade colour often, perhaps go for a white illuminated one. 
That way it goes with any colour.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »

I might end up doing that. I just really like the way it would look with a blue illuminated.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 01:06:12 AM »

Hey JediJacob . . . White is a great option for Emerald, but I also think a red illuminated av goes with just about any blade colour also. . . actually, the black / red illuminated av is my favourite . . . Also, might I suggest you ask US to put a SILVER bezel with a BLACK av . . . In my opinion that would look stunning on the Dark Catalyst, the silver bezel would highlight the silver hilt rings, just an idea . . . here's a thread with some pics of some black switches with silver bezels . . . Switch Bezel Switcharoo . . . cheers  Smiley

Just wondering (as I am somewhat of a US noob) what type of saber can be fitted with an illuminated AV switch?

Only sabers with sound . . .

And . . . a couple of stunt sabers that have an Activation Box, like the Graflex & Chosen One . . .  Cool

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 01:52:54 AM »

Those look really cool. I'm so torn between a few last touches before I order and i just can't decide. Its driving me a little crazy haha

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:22:47 AM »

Don't worry too much . . . we've all been there  Wink . . . but if you want your saber, you'll just have to make a decision, lol

What blade colour or colours do you "feel" you'll set your Emerald Dark Catalyst to most often ? . . . of course it can change once you start playing with the Emerald settings, lol . . .

These may or may not help you (not a Dark Catalyst) . . . but some pics of my Emerald Dark Sentinel LE in GB, DVA & BH, all with the black / red illuminated av . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 02:37:30 AM »

Those look really cool. I'm so torn between a few last touches before I order and i just can't decide. Its driving me a little crazy haha

A valid concern.  

I suggest that, if you must have an illuminated switch, but intend to change the blade colour often, perhaps go for a white illuminated one.  
That way it goes with any colour.

Hey JediJacob . . . White is a great option for Emerald, but I also think a red illuminated av goes with just about any blade colour also. . . actually, the black / red illuminated av is my favourite . . . Also, might I suggest you ask US to put a SILVER bezel with a BLACK av . . . In my opinion that would look stunning on the Dark Catalyst, the silver bezel would highlight the silver hilt rings, just an idea . . . here's a thread with some pics of some black switches with silver bezels . . . Switch Bezel Switcharoo . . . cheers  Smiley

What LR and JediXIX said, excellent advice, and something I've discovered recently that a red illuminated AV switch does not "blend" "well" with Bane's Heart unless you're looking for a Valentine's Day saber. Good thing my Manticore had quick disconnects and I changed it from BH to SRD Grin  Red AV switch's do, however, look phenomenal with arctic blue, guardian blue, sunriders destiny and emerald green. It still looks really good with consular green and dark violet amethyst as well, but it's BLEH with yellows, oranges, violet amethyst and pinks (like it's fighting to draw attention away from those colors!). When I buy an illuminated switch I always go for red or white, and always white for Emerald sabers. So I'll cast my vote, too, that you go with white for an illuminated AV switch. You will definitely appreciate the flexibility you'll have being able to fully exploit the Emerald Driver to get any color you want.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 03:00:36 AM »

Don't worry too much . . . we've all been there  Wink . . . but if you want your saber, you'll just have to make a decision, lol

What blade colour or colours do you "feel" you'll set your Emerald Dark Catalyst to most often ? . . . of course it can change once you start playing with the Emerald settings, lol . . .

Most often would be probably blue(both guardian and arctic), white and purple as those are my favorites. Though I'm a big fan of  the sunriders destiny though and red with the Dark catalyst  too.

I thought about white at first but saw someone with a blue switch with the dark catalyst and thought it looked really sweet which brought me to being torn lol...

Also side note.... do you all go for the dedicated connections or the always on for your AV switches? Thought the always on would bring a little life to it when i have the blade out and its on my belt.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 03:13:26 AM »

Most often would be probably blue(both guardian and arctic), white and purple as those are my favorites. Though I'm a big fan of  the sunriders destiny though and red with the Dark catalyst  too.

I thought about white at first but saw someone with a blue switch with the dark catalyst and thought it looked really sweet which brought me to being torn lol...

Also side note.... do you all go for the dedicated connections or the always on for your AV switches? Thought the always on would bring a little life to it when i have the blade out and its on my belt.

Red AV switch on a black hilt with a blue blade looks really sharp! Here's a pic of such a configuration on my Dark Prophecy with TRI Arctic Blue:

I always go for a dedicated connection for an illuminated AV switch, but you could also go with a non-illuminated AV switch and keep white as a fourth color to combine with RGB as well as be able to make a pure white blade, if that's important to you, and you probably already knew that.   Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 04:33:08 AM »

I always go for a dedicated connection for an illuminated AV switch, but you could also go with a non-illuminated AV switch and keep white as a fourth color to combine with RGB as well as be able to make a pure white blade, if that's important to you, and you probably already knew that.   Wink

Well I'm getting an emerald so won't i already have that option with the blade color? Or do you mean something else that just flew over my head? haha still confused by alot of this.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: