Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular Green: Mid-Grade or UltraEdge Mid?  (Read 6311 times)
drizmo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:02 PM »

so this is obviously my first post on this forum, but i've been doing research around your website and i have found claims that there is a color difference between the mid-grade and the ultraedge-mid.  apparently the ultraedge-mid tends to make the color chromatically brighter (as in the actual color being a lighter version of the color, not necessarily more luminescent).  i am currently considering getting a dark catalyst with consular green, but the blade i'm not sure about.  i understand that the ultraedge tends to spread the color evenly throughout the blade, which i want, but i'm not too sure if making the color a chromatically brighter green is what i want, especially when i haven't seen the intrinsic color with my own two eyes.  i love sharp, robust greens, so i wouldn't want the color of my blade to be a chromatically brigher/whiter green.  i'm sure y'all have been asked questions like this many a time, but is there any way you all can clear this question up for me?  i would appreciate it Cheesy

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:26:51 AM »

Consular Green is the ONLY color that I like more in UltraEdge. I haven't seen a lot of colors, but it seems to me that Blazing Red, Consular Green, and Guardian Blue would all look fantastic in UltraEdge. Consular Green in mid-grade is not as impressive as other colors.

drizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

thank you.  thats good to know.  so is it just more vibrant with the ultraedge?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

Well drizmo, there's a problem with this question, and that's that it's a matter of opinion. Some people swear on their life that it does "wash" out or lighten the color, while others swear it looks basically the same(I'm one of the latter). I would say get Mid grade, cause I think green looks a bit "funny" in UE, but some people think it's amazing.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »

Well drizmo, there's a problem with this question, and that's that it's a matter of opinion. Some people swear on their life that it does "wash" out or lighten the color, while others swear it looks basically the same(I'm one of the latter). I would say get Mid grade, cause I think green looks a bit "funny" in UE, but some people think it's amazing.

Exactly. Just do some research, look at some pics, and then decide for yourself. Or you could order one of each blade!  Smiley

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »

Everything everyone says about this topic is entirely subjective. Understood? Good! Now then:

If you want, and I quote, "sharp" green, the last thing you should be doing is considering an Ultra Edge. Ultra Edge = Soft fluffy and full. Not sharp. The 'sharpest' you'll get is with the regular edge in heavy grade. The visible column of light is half the diameter and you lose nothing in brightness.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

drizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:25:50 AM »

thank y'all very much for providing your opinions.  i'll continue searching the forum for more images.  are the images showing the different blade colors on the homepage of ultrasabers.com in mid-grade then?  they seem sharp.

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:00:56 AM »

I do some comparisons in my review here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1096.0

and...

Here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1782.0

The first has pics of the green in both types.

Also, this thread is older but a good reference as well: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=666.0

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »

The cool thing about Consular Green is it looks great in either - some colors (Blazing Red for instance) are regarded to have a severe washed out look from the Ultraedge.  I personally like it in both, but as navajas said the regular midgrade gives a nice pure color with no filtering.  I would think that's what you're going for.

It's hard to tell in pictures, but basically the Ultraedge just broadens the light so that it encompasses the blade, as opposed to the regular edge which you can see the polycarbonate blade wall in.  It's hard to explain unless you've seen it...

I prefer the regular midgrade - the pure color just looks great to me.  Either way you'll be happy though!  Good luck in your decision.

drizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »

wow i've got to say, i don't believe i've been a guest at any other forum and gotten this much assistance.  once again, thank you very much for your input.  i will have a look at those links.  and yes i think i probably will be happy either way lol

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »

My review of my son's Archon also has comparisons of both blades. They're in red but given what Nero wrote you might want to see it:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1101.0

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

wow i've got to say, i don't believe i've been a guest at any other forum and gotten this much assistance.  once again, thank you very much for your input.  i will have a look at those links.  and yes i think i probably will be happy either way lol

Yeah we try to be welcoming here, please feel free to ask if you have any more questions.  We all were new at one point Wink

drizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

i went with the mid-grade lol

navajas
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:11:32 PM »

what edge?

drizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 06:19:25 AM »

standard edge mid-grade

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: