Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anti Vandal Switch / Stunt Saber Wiring  (Read 3240 times)
Streen
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« on: December 07, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.  This is my third saber build, and thus far have only made stunt sabers.  So far I've gone by this diagram:

This time around I thought I'd add a little more challenge and install an anti vandal green switch.  It wasn't until I received the parts that I realized I had not idea how to wire it up.  Don't laugh, but this is how I did it, which obviously failed:

Could someone explain to me which wires are supposed to be soldered to which connectors?  I'm also wondering about the resistor.  Is that where it should be?

Thanks in advance! Cheesy

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 03:42:56 PM »

Ok, so not an expert on this at all, but I would expect:
Red from battery red on switch, to LED+
Red from LED- to black on switch, to LED Module
Black from LED module to black on battery.
resistors I am not at all sure of, but what you have does seem to make sense to me.

No... thats not right, I didnt include the switch function... D'oh!

umm.... yeah... tried modifying it, but dont like it... just ignore me! lol

No doubt someone who knows this stuff well will be along shortly!

Try this! http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24488.msg369145#msg369145

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

Go on YouTube and search for "Illuminated AV Switch Wiring."  You should get a video showing you how to do exactly what you're trying to do.

Also, is your switch latching or momentary?

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 04:10:23 PM »

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.  This is my third saber build, and thus far have only made stunt sabers.  So far I've gone by this diagram:

This time around I thought I'd add a little more challenge and install an anti vandal green switch.  It wasn't until I received the parts that I realized I had not idea how to wire it up.  Don't laugh, but this is how I did it, which obviously failed:

Could someone explain to me which wires are supposed to be soldered to which connectors?  I'm also wondering about the resistor.  Is that where it should be?

Thanks in advance! Cheesy

If you have a latching illuminated AV switch,  no problem. Just use the first diagram and create a Y-splice on the negative going to the LED module before the resistor and another on the positive side before the switch. Insert a resistor into either the - or + spliced wire and run them accordingly from - and + to the corresponding posts on the switch. These posts power the LED that illuminates the switch.

If your switch is a momentary switch, however, you will need to get a momentary to latching converter and use this wiring diagram here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24488.msg368948#msg368948

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: