Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Customized Dark Apprentice V4, Initiate V4, and Standard Issue Kota WIP  (Read 2794 times)
armsofilum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 38

« on: December 08, 2016, 06:09:57 AM »

Hey folks,

It has been a while since I worked on any sabers, but one of my wife's coworkers asked me to do a pair of stunts for his kids for Christmas. I just finished them up. The customization is fairly light, with some basic painting and their names in Aurebesh. I'm also working on turning my empty Standard Issue into a Kota clone of sorts and am ready to get started on the electronics.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »

The Standard Issue is a great Kota base - great stuff man.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »

Nice. I'd like to do this to my Standard Issue but the electronics are already in so. At least inspired by anyway. I might mill down the top of the emitter, paint it black down to the 3rd groove, then paint the middle of the body black and paint the deep groove in the Manticore high pommel black as well, not do any leather wrap. I don't like leather on lightsabers so, just me though. Can't wait to see it all done though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »

Wow, those look great.  I really like what you did with the Initiate and Apprentice.  What kind of batteries are those?  I really like the paint jobs, especially the emblems on the pommels.

The Standard Issue is looking great so far.  I really like Kota and the SI is indeed the hilt for that saber.

The Standard Issue is a great Kota base - great stuff man.

Subject matter expert.  Grin

Nice. I'd like to do this to my Standard Issue but the electronics are already in so.

The electronics are fairly easy to remove, especially on stunts, especially with AV switches.  (less prying with them than the guarded ones)

armsofilum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 05:36:39 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!

The battery setup is the USB bank that is outlined here on the forums. It has become standard on pretty much all of my stunt sabers.

The paint was all done using stencils I created on a Silhouette Cameo using Oramask 613.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »

Cool, thanks for the info on the batteries.  I've seen some people ask about those but I haven't actually seen one before.

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 03:27:20 AM »

Hey folks,

It has been a while since I worked on any sabers, but one of my wife's coworkers asked me to do a pair of stunts for his kids for Christmas. I just finished them up. The customization is fairly light, with some basic painting and their names in Aurebesh. I'm also working on turning my empty Standard Issue into a Kota clone of sorts and am ready to get started on the electronics.
content/uploads/2016/12/DSC_2878.jpg[/img]

This is great work. i have got to put some Aurebesh on my sabers. Those kids are gonna flip.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 03:46:38 AM »

Those are some pretty sweet changes. The battery switch looks good too.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: