Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: official grey jedi symbol?  (Read 25283 times)
Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« on: December 08, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »

Not sure if this is the right part of the forums to ask, but:

Is there an official Grey Jedi symbol?  I've done some searching and have found a lot of variations which say "official".  I'm looking because I'm thinking of doing a plaque to go behind a saber stand and want to make sure I'm using an official or canon logo.  Still figuring out layout, but was also thinking of adding the Grey Jedi code...once again, not sure which version out there is the right one.  Or should I just pick one which I like the best and run with it?

Sentinel (staff) V4 Stunt w/Adegan Silver and Arctic Blue
Aeon V4, Obsidian lite w/Arctic Blue, flash silver on clash
Standard Issue Battle Saber w/Arctic Blue (from grab bag)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »

I'm not even sure if there is an official grey jedi symbol or motto.  'Grey Jedi' is simply a blanket term given to force sensitives who are neither of the Jedi or Sith religion, AFAIK.
There are a couple of Jedi who people refer to as grey jedi (eg QGJ) because they are Jedi, but don't agree with or confirm entirely to the Jedi code or Jedi council's commands.  That would also put the Corellian Jedi under the grey jedi blanket.

Anyone else weighing in?

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

It seems to be this one. This is the one identified for the Grey Jedi Order, anyway.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:53:39 PM »

Thanks for the input.  I'm seeing a lot of back and forth in my research as to it being considered "canon" or part of the "legends" side of things.  From what I'm finding, it doesn't seem to be canon at the moment, but I'm only just digging into things here.  Guess I can always use  the design I like best or try to come up with my own.

Se-Sentien, I'd seen that logo on quite a few places, but I was seeing a few other variations as well.  Trying to figure this out can be quite confusing Tongue

Soul, I'm leaning towards agreeing with you on this, based on the conflicting stories, designs, articles, etc...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »

There is no official symbol, code, or other standard practices for Grey Jedi.  It's a loosely defined concept that ranges from rebellious Jedi (like Qui-Gon) to Force Users who attempt to wield both the Light and Dark Sides together.  It doesn't refer to a specific organization in any way, so there is no symbol to represent the concept.

There are organizations of Force Users in Star Wars that you could associate with, however.  Many of them have differing views of the Force from the Jedi and Sith, giving them a more "Grey" philosophy.  I'd give that some thought!

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:36:53 AM »

You may notice that the symbol Landen Se-Sentien linked features in my forum sig.  That is the symbol most commonly used to represent 'grey jedi.'  As Master Nero Attoru stated though, it's all unofficial.
As far as slightly more official organisations of pseudo-grey jedi, have a look at the order of Revan, the Corellian Jedi as mentioned earlier, or even better...

Check out-
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Force-based_organizations
 Cool

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »

Once again, thanks for the input.  I'd been reading through those links and looking at the different groups to see which might appeal to me.  Definitely appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »

I had always considered the "Grey" to be of a similar vein to 'Athiest'. It is not, of itself, an organisation, but rather the lack thereof.
A symbol could easily be generally adopted by those who follow the very generalized path of "Grey", but it would be open to personal interpretation, just as you are seeing with the variations on what Landen posted. The Corellians are a distinct group, that fall into the generalization of "Grey"

Paxus_Dimir
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 04:30:51 AM »

While not guaranteed canon, this particular page gives an interesting and well thought out history, description, and synopsis of the Grey Order, as well as references and ties them surprisingly well into canon events.

It particularly defines their views on the light and dark side and gives a solidly "confirmed" illustration of their emblem as viewed by the creators of this variation of the Grey Order:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

As well as the associated Grey Code and it's corresponding explanation:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi_Code

The universe begs for balance. If I must save a thousand and kill a million just to bring that balance, I will do so.

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:22 AM »

Landen Se-sentien has the correct symbol posted.

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

FloatingBarron
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Just buy one, you deserve it....

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:51 PM »

read this
this is what Our group of Grey Jedi Follow as cannon....

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

let us know what you think

6 sabers in the house....I may have a problem.....

All sabers use heavy blades in this house as they are used for HEAVY DUELING....(No issues, thanks US!).

Initiate V2
Dark Initiate V3
Battle Saber V3
Dominix LE V4
Dark Sentinel LE V4
Guardian w/Emerald Sound and RGBA LED
Li-Ion for emerald, Hvy grade blade, Illuminated AV switch (In series with Yellow Channel). 
Grey Jedi, a true Neutral, help me stay that way with your points please...

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 01:48:23 PM »

Thanks FloatingBarron!  Excellent link and good info.  I may not follow it exactly in my own story line, but I managed to hit quite a few parallels in ignorance.  :-)  This gives me a little more structure.  Thank you!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: