Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Single-Blade Flamberge w/ Bluetooth Color Changing  (Read 5443 times)
Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 03:51:57 AM »

Updated video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jC1WIOaut4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jC1WIOaut4</a>

I really like what you have done aesthetically with this saber as well as the electronics package. The saber looks great all round and the ability to change out colors through the external remote is a good idea. The LED in the emitter matching up with the LED in the pommel looks great. Good choice in having a board that allows a flicker to simulate a pulse for the flash.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 06:20:02 AM »

This is quite remarkable! I love the idea and would love to see this become part of Emerald Sabers v2.0. Clever use of blade color in the pommel and the flicker is a nice compromise for flash on clash. Works really well from my point of view. I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing your work, and thanks again to JediXIX for pioneering this great idea. It's awesome. Points for you both.  Smiley

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »

More points to you Kouri, for raising the bar to the next level . . . Love the RGB pommel LED . . .  +1  Smiley

This is quite remarkable! I love the idea and would love to see this become part of Emerald Sabers v2.0. Clever use of blade color in the pommel and the flicker is a nice compromise for flash on clash. Works really well from my point of view. I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing your work, and thanks again to JediXIX for pioneering this great idea. It's awesome. Points for you both.  Smiley

Thanks Lord B  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »

Love the RGB pommel LED . . .  +1  Smiley

Technically an RRGBW pommel. I didn't have any common-negative RGBs on hand, and still needed to add a W anyway, so made my own with a bunch of 5mm LEDs. Two Red, a Green, a Blue, and a White, with some clear hot-glue to help diffuse the light a bit. Going to try and fit the pommel with a section of 1" white polycarbonate and some mesh under the vents to help diffuse the light a bit more.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »

Amazing as always man!

Hey, I've actually been doing those type pommel light fx set ups myself Smiley.  They're so cool- and fun to put in also.  It feels very experimental lol, and I like that.  I haven't done it with the blade colour matching like that exactly (yet, plan to) but I've messed with using common cathode rgb's and piggy backing on the emerald driver channels for a similar effect... only it isn't as cut and dry that way- and it isn't nearly as good as what you have here- for various reasons I'm sure you can picture.

Yeah the blade tubing works really well, you can actually mount the 5mm's right inside the tube wall if you want- they shine through great- also epoxy and sanding a touch afterwards works a lot like the hot glue idea.  I like using decorative plugs too- like a circle plug all drilled out for sound inside there, Jed gave me that idea.  This one's on an obsidian- no led driver just a tri deep red, so it's got 3 deep red 5mm's for idle glow, and for FoC it's got a white, one yellow/ amber, and one orange/ amber 5mm (looks like a spark kinda) they're just mounted in a little spacer ring I made out of a cardboard tube to keep them off the speaker. 

But this one here has the leds (3 and 5mm's) mounted right inside the polycarbonate, as well as some mounted in behind that to back light it all, and it's got my AV- but you can see the tubing really let's the light through.

Hey lemme know if you don't want all these pics in here for real man, I don't wanna jack your thread!  I'll get Drahc to take them down if you'd rather- but there's what I mean anyways about the plugs and such lol. 

The flicker looks great- awesome to have Smiley.  That's one feature loaded saber you've got there- wicked!

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »

Dang, and I've got one of those plugs that I'm not using... Would need to dremel out the inside wall though - the "crystal" is wide enough that I'm only going to fit thinwall bladestock around it.

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »

frigg'n space limitations!  damn you laws of physics lol!!  i curse them every build i swear.  sometimes that type of dremeling and such is the hardest part of a whole build.   

haha, seriously though- what an epic saber.  Amazing work.  I really wanna try something like that.  Pure awesome.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »

Plug definitely muffles sound (walls sealed around the "crystal" and covered the exposed speaker), so doing without.

Aaand snapped another pic for fun.

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 01:22:42 PM »

Ahh, I see.  Yeah it would too, that stuff is SO dense. 

Looks amazing!

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 10:56:44 PM »

Wow. That's really impressive. Nice work!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:47 PM »

Brilliant! My list was getting shorter... I think this skips the line before a PLI? Plusages!

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: