Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electrum Wind  (Read 2209 times)
Kailthir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

« on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:59 AM »

Ok guys, here is my review of the Electrum Wind (EW). This is my first saber bought thru US. I am a blunt person and don't candy coat stuff wo here goes an honest review of EW.

PROS:
-Asthetics: Absolutely beautiful. It's really elegant and there is a lot of stuff going on here. Silver/black/gold coloring stands out from other sabers.
-Sleak: It's uniform from the emitter to the pummel. No clunky activation box, or raised buttons that get in the way of your hands.
-Emitter: I like the holes around it. It lets out a little light but not enough to affect the blade brightness. Just enough to accent the saber... perfect.
-Grips: Love the way they feel. I got the rounded grips. Not bulky or cumbersome. The black pads are also a nice touch. They are slightly textured. Another nice touch.
-Attention to detail: The whole saber seems to be oozing detail. Again a lot going on and you could just sit there and stare at it for a while and every now and again you notice something you over looked before. This saber has tons of options for the visually inclined.

CONS:
-Weight: This thing is not light by any means. Very heavy. I assume it is due to the several metal shrouds that are bolted on to the metal core cylinder
-Size: This saber is huge! Much larger than anything else I have. Not only is it long, but it is also a bit thick, least to me. Or maybe I have small hands. I am only 5'6" after all.
-Blade retention: Unless you screw the blade retention screw fully and tightly the upper shroud is a tiny bit loose. Just make sure you tighten it all the way.
-Cumbersome: Due to its size and weight... it takes some strength and agility and digital dexterity to spin the saber and or move it fast. Some times it feels like when you were a kid in little league and having to choke up on the bat. You have all this extra space on the hilt. Takes a bit getting used to. Hard to manipulate one handed with precision.

Over all I am happy with my purchase. It is a gorgeous saber and definitely should be in ones arsenal. Just not sure if it is for shorter people or smaller handed people. Had I known what I know now, I would have bought it but waited till after I bought the Archon/Overloard/ or Catalyst.

[Blade LED Color:Consular Green for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Orange for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse to Adegan Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:Heavy Grade]
[Electrum Wind Grip Type:Round]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Orange Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Electrum Wind Pommel Type:Black Finish][Blade Set Screw Type:Button]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]

Now for the pics:

And my DIY saber:

"Judge me by my Saber, do you?"
"And well you should not..."
"...For my ally is UltraSabers, and a powerful ally it is"

Kailthir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:11 AM »

Something I did fail to mention is the balance point. Using the HG blade the balance point is exactly at the emitter venting holes, where the light comes out. Which is the perfect spot. Also HG blades.. got to love the visual effect. With the pulse and thick walls.. it fades from the core perfectly. Nice color shroud around the blade.

I also want to say... I know it may have sounded like I had a lot of negitative things to say about the EW, but it truly is a beautiful hilt. I am just a small guy so it looks huge in my hands. I would recommend it to others.... it is a must have in your collection. Just wasn't the holy grail I had envisioned. Sometimes we see something and are like .. "that is the most awesome saber I have ever seen, I have to have it". We set the expectations so high that no saber could reach that mark. When I bought it, I rated it an 11 out of 10.. now that I have it in person, I rate it a solid 7.5-8 out of 10. So please, if you are thinking about buying this saber I say do it... you wont regret it. I didn't.

"Judge me by my Saber, do you?"
"And well you should not..."
"...For my ally is UltraSabers, and a powerful ally it is"

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »

A good review! Things have definitely gone larger & heavier recently, and it is good to hear peoples feelings on that. Always better to throw out all the pro's & cons you find, to help others make a more educated purchase decision.
Have a point!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 04:41:41 PM »

Great review.  Definitely a wonderful hilt to behold, and to hold.  It's a beast, though.  I like the green blade, that looks great.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »

Ok guys, here is my review of the Electrum Wind (EW). This is my first saber bought thru US. I am a blunt person and don't candy coat stuff wo here goes an honest review of EW.

PROS:
-Asthetics: Absolutely beautiful. It's really elegant and there is a lot of stuff going on here. Silver/black/gold coloring stands out from other sabers.
-Sleak: It's uniform from the emitter to the pummel. No clunky activation box, or raised buttons that get in the way of your hands.
-Emitter: I like the holes around it. It lets out a little light but not enough to affect the blade brightness. Just enough to accent the saber... perfect.
-Grips: Love the way they feel. I got the rounded grips. Not bulky or cumbersome. The black pads are also a nice touch. They are slightly textured. Another nice touch.
-Attention to detail: The whole saber seems to be oozing detail. Again a lot going on and you could just sit there and stare at it for a while and every now and again you notice something you over looked before. This saber has tons of options for the visually inclined.

CONS:
-Weight: This thing is not light by any means. Very heavy. I assume it is due to the several metal shrouds that are bolted on to the metal core cylinder
-Size: This saber is huge! Much larger than anything else I have. Not only is it long, but it is also a bit thick, least to me. Or maybe I have small hands. I am only 5'6" after all.
-Blade retention: Unless you screw the blade retention screw fully and tightly the upper shroud is a tiny bit loose. Just make sure you tighten it all the way.
-Cumbersome: Due to its size and weight... it takes some strength and agility and digital dexterity to spin the saber and or move it fast. Some times it feels like when you were a kid in little league and having to choke up on the bat. You have all this extra space on the hilt. Takes a bit getting used to. Hard to manipulate one handed with precision.

Over all I am happy with my purchase. It is a gorgeous saber and definitely should be in ones arsenal. Just not sure if it is for shorter people or smaller handed people. Had I known what I know now, I would have bought it but waited till after I bought the Archon/Overloard/ or Catalyst.

[Blade LED Color:Consular Green for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Orange for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse to Adegan Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:Heavy Grade]
[Electrum Wind Grip Type:Round]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Orange Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Electrum Wind Pommel Type:Black Finish][Blade Set Screw Type:Button]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]

Now for the pics:

And my DIY saber:

Very nice set up for you Electrum Wind saber Kailthir and good review.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: