Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Lost Grey Lightsaber full review  (Read 13054 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 01:16:54 AM »

Great review! Sexy sabers!

Kinda off topic question: where can I buy the Star Wars lightsaber stand that you have in the pictures?

If you don't mind me butting in, they show up on Ebay all the time.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 02:05:21 AM »

Great review! Sexy sabers!

Kinda off topic question: where can I buy the Star Wars lightsaber stand that you have in the pictures?

If you don't mind me butting in, they show up on Ebay all the time.

I use my stand all the time for my reviews and I now use it to rest my Fulcrum saber as my display piece. The stand looks good as well which is why I kept it.  Wink

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QktMD8jAHQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QktMD8jAHQ</a>

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »

Lost Grey Stunt Saber

[Blade LED Color:TRI Adegan Silver]
[Battery Configuration:Standard Setup]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:32" Length]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Anti Vandal Switch Type:Standard Silver (No Light)]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Bottom Button Color:Black (in pictures)]
[Top Button Color:Gold (in pictures)]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]      
ColorDiscs: Color Discs x 5

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCMnI3vgzsI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCMnI3vgzsI</a>

I purchased 5 bags of color disc from Ultrasabers where you get two green colored disc in the bag. A dark green color disc and a light green color disc. I am using the light green color disc along with the yellow color disc to create the lime green/yellow blade Ahsoka Tano uses in the Clone Wars. I will post a video review on the weekend.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xgUdvECto" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xgUdvECto</a>

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »

Sorry guys I edited the top video to stop some of the shakiness and it looked worse than the original. I am currently uploading the original video to YouTube which I will post again as soon as the upload is finished. Undecided

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 12:12:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-tXDMNQAgs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-tXDMNQAgs</a>

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »

Thank you for another great video Jeadus Teal ... both Lost Gray hilts look amazing and make quite the pair.

It seems you have found an effective formula to make a lime green with the Tri-AS LED. Are you happy with the results using the colour discs?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »

I'm assuming those are the color discs that US offers?  Looks pretty good. I didn't know you can double up discs like that, good to know.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 08:41:30 PM »

Thank you for another great video Jeadus Teal ... both Lost Gray hilts look amazing and make quite the pair.

It seems you have found an effective formula to make a lime green with the Tri-AS LED. Are you happy with the results using the colour discs?

I'm assuming those are the color discs that US offers?  Looks pretty good. I didn't know you can double up discs like that, good to know.

I had played around with a lot of combinations with color disc in the past to see which works and which does not. You can use two color disc together as long as they don't diffuse the color of the blade too much. While you can use up to three color disc to create a strong colored blade, it will diffuse the lighting too much for a regular size 36" blade. You would need to use a much shorter blade like the 24" Initiate blade and Tri- Adegan Silver. Also using three colored disc at a time will push your blade closer to the end of the Emitter which is not ideal for some sabers that have a shallow housing to hold the blade.

With my main Lost Grey saber I am using two yellow colored disc in conjunction with the Consular Green LED. The color of the two yellow color disc do not impair the Consular Green color shining through onto the blade. They actually act as a highlight rather than diffusing the glow of the blade. Since I am using Adegan Silver for the Flash on Clash on my main Lost Grey saber, the two yellow color disc turn into a bright yellow color which compliments the Consular Green color.

Some of the other color combinations between two color disc can leave the blade color immediately much darker and may seem dull once the light reaches the tip of the blade. Green and orange will diffuse the light as a combination, but leave a darker/richer colored blade which is fine for a shorter blade such as a 32" blade or better still a 24" blade.

Overall I am very happy using a 32" Ultra Edge Midgrade blade with the Tri Adegan Silver and the color combination of the yellow and light green color disc. The blade color is very strong with the yellow color disc and light green color disc bleeding all the way to the very tip of the blade. The resulting color looks very similar in comparison to Ahsoka Tano's Shoto Lightsaber from the Clone Wars.

Thanks again hazard502 and Jediseth for looking at my video. Smiley

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »

Good video and nice seeing a fellow member having very similar setup as mine. Those color discs do wonders, good thinking purchasing several bags to enhance color deepening!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 01:25:36 AM »

My Lost Gray has the Tri-CG, I never would've thought to try colour discs with it. Will be fun to experiment when I get it. Thanks for the idea JT - another appreciation point to you.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfFfnMT7Vk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfFfnMT7Vk</a>

I finally added my Lost Grey saber to my Lightsaber travel case today. Many thanks to Lord Bladewraith for giving advice in choosing a suitable case for my sabers.  Smiley

My Lost Gray has the Tri-CG, I never would've thought to try colour discs with it. Will be fun to experiment when I get it. Thanks for the idea JT - another appreciation point to you.

Your welcome hazard502 and thank you for the point. Point back to you.

Good video and nice seeing a fellow member having very similar setup as mine. Those color discs do wonders, good thinking purchasing several bags to enhance color deepening!

Thank you Lord Sidious. I feel that I am in good company with many like minded people on the forums that share similarly good ideas and expectations. Point to you.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »

That case looks great!  Now you got me thinking. LB pointed you in the right direction, that's a good looking set up.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 10:56:13 PM »

That case looks great!  Now you got me thinking. LB pointed you in the right direction, that's a good looking set up.

Thanks again Jediseth.

I lined the travel case with soft foam to help insulate and protect the sabers. I have used the travel case many times and the sabers do not get hot at all if you leave them in the car. The foam protects against the heat of the day, leaving the sabers cool inside the case. I highly recommend in getting a decent travel case if you have a few sabers sitting around for the following reasons.

1. They will always be in the one spot at your disposal.

2. They are in a safe place and they are not sitting on top of one another.

3. Ready to travel where ever you want to go without revealing the contents of the case.

4. Able to store away in tight places such as under the bed or standing up inside a closet.

Point to you.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: