Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: RANKING THE STAR WARS MOVIES  (Read 6026 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 04:02:53 AM »

1: ESB
1: ROTJ
2: ANH
2: ROTS
3: TFA
4: TPM
4: AOTC

Not sure about R1 yet, but I am thinking 2

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 04:22:51 AM »

1: ESB
1: ROTJ
2: ANH
2: ROTS
3: TFA
4: TPM
4: AOTC

Not sure about R1 yet, but I am thinking 2

Confused on your numbering

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 04:28:38 AM »

I think he means they're a tie. He can't choose one over the other, so he didn't.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »

I think he means they're a tie. He can't choose one over the other, so he didn't.

Yeah, the ones that have the same numbers are all about the same IMO.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »

Yeah, the ones that have the same numbers are all about the same IMO.
Not even 1A, 1B?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 11:10:35 AM »

Not even 1A, 1B?

Not really, I did put them in order of which one is higher, but they are still the same rank.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 02:26:47 AM »

1. ROTJ
2. ESB
3. TFA
4. ROTS
5. TPM
6. AOTC
7. R1
8. ANH

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 03:10:57 AM »

1. ROTJ
2. ESB
3. TFA
4. ROTS
5. TPM
6. AOTC
7. R1
8. ANH

You're fired.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 03:22:44 AM »

1. ROTJ
2. ESB
3. TFA
4. ROTS
5. TPM
6. AOTC
7. R1
8. ANH

Interesting order of preference... this fascinates me, and I think I understand your logic, especially seeing R1 and ANH at the bottom together.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 04:34:27 AM »

You're fired.

You have not the Power....and bite me Tongue

Interesting order of preference... this fascinates me, and I think I understand your logic, especially seeing R1 and ANH at the bottom together.

Why is it interesting?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 05:13:41 AM »

Why is it interesting?
It surprised me to see R1 and ANH at the bottom and episodes 1-3 in the middle. It's actually refreshing to see a different point of view when so many, including myself, place ANH in the top three and Episodes 1-3 closer to the bottom. I'm curious why you chose that order if you don't mind sharing.   Roll Eyes

Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 05:34:08 AM »

Here is my list;

1:ESB
2:R1
3:ANH (updated version)
4:ROTJ
5:ROTS
6:TFA
7:TPM
8:AOTC

If it was the original AHN rather than the butchered version it would swap positions with R1 also AOTC and TPM are pretty hard to split (both being pretty dire), in the end for me Darth Maul tips it in favour of TPM. Perhaps TFA will move ahead of ROTS when more of the context of its trilogy is known.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 05:37:52 AM »

It surprised me to see R1 and ANH at the bottom and episodes 1-3 in the middle. It's actually refreshing to see a different point of view when so many, including myself, place ANH in the top three and Episodes 1-3 closer to the bottom. I'm curious why you chose that order if you don't mind sharing.   Roll Eyes

Not at all...Gladly.  First let me say I hate none of the films..this is just the placement of my enjoyment.  These will be quick and dirty.

1. ROTJ- My no.1 because we get to see Luke's final step to becoming a Jedi...from Farm Boy to Hero.  It was grand from begging to end and the final Saber duel was chill inducing.  Perhaps not as action packed as say Ep. 1 duel but the emotion and stakes made it very intense.

2. ESB- We get to see Vader throwing his weight around more as well as Luke's Journey (again, that is something I focus on).  We get more exposure to the Force and introduced to Yoda.

3. TFA-  the fact it felt so much like the OT wasn't a turn off for me...its what I wanted.  None of the new directions of the story bother me like they do some and I like the idea that the Villian is on the same type of Journey as the Hero.  Now doesn't mean I didn't have some issues with it but not any that would make me hate it.

4. ROTS- Again, the feel of the OT near the end puts it higher as well as the story interested me more than the rest of the Prequels.  The Duel was disappointing though.

5. TPM- Middle spot for Maul only.

6. AOTC- Was really bored by this film..the only things that mattered were Anakin's Murder of the Raiders, his and Padme's love growing and The Clone Wars starting..all could have been handled in a more interesting way I felt.  Really I would say watch TPM then the Clone Wars then ROTS.

7. R1- (SPOILERS) I have stated before I feel the Anthology films are a bit of a waste.  Never have I wondered about the people who stole the plans.  It was a plot point nothing more..making a whole movie about it and making new characters that are just going to die in the same film.  It almost seemed it was made just to answer the constant jokes about the Exhaust port.  Because now we know was sabotage.  Now, as a film (other than the music) it was well put together and of course the scene of Vader Unleashed is worth seeing the film for.

8. ANH-  And now the placement that confuses everyone when they hear it.  ANH deserves a place in film and pop culture history, there is no argument there.  It showed audiences something no one had seen and began a tidal wave that is still going to this day.  BUT..I feel it is the weakest of the films.  You can really tell the direction was a bit different than the rest of the films as well as the aesthetics.  I understand why all this was but it still is a film I really have no need or desire to watch that much.   I am willing to admit it may have to do with the fact I saw ESB and ROTJ first then saw ANH a few years afterwards.  

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2016, 06:21:06 AM »

Not at all...Gladly.  First let me say I hate none of the films..this is just the placement of my enjoyment.  These will be quick and dirty.

1. ROTJ- My no.1 because we get to see Luke's final step to becoming a Jedi...from Farm Boy to Hero.  It was grand from begging to end and the final Saber duel was chill inducing.  Perhaps not as action packed as say Ep. 1 duel but the emotion and stakes made it very intense.

2. ESB- We get to see Vader throwing his weight around more as well as Luke's Journey (again, that is something I focus on).  We get more exposure to the Force and introduced to Yoda.

3. TFA-  the fact it felt so much like the OT wasn't a turn off for me...its what I wanted.  None of the new directions of the story bother me like they do some and I like the idea that the Villian is on the same type of Journey as the Hero.  Now doesn't mean I didn't have some issues with it but not any that would make me hate it.

4. ROTS- Again, the feel of the OT near the end puts it higher as well as the story interested me more than the rest of the Prequels.  The Duel was disappointing though.

5. TPM- Middle spot for Maul only.

6. AOTC- Was really bored by this film..the only things that mattered were Anakin's Murder of the Raiders, his and Padme's love growing and The Clone Wars starting..all could have been handled in a more interesting way I felt.  Really I would say watch TPM then the Clone Wars then ROTS.

7. R1- (SPOILERS) I have stated before I feel the Anthology films are a bit of a waste.  Never have I wondered about the people who stole the plans.  It was a plot point nothing more..making a whole movie about it and making new characters that are just going to die in the same film.  It almost seemed it was made just to answer the constant jokes about the Exhaust port.  Because now we know was sabotage.  Now, as a film (other than the music) it was well put together and of course the scene of Vader Unleashed is worth seeing the film for.

8. ANH-  And now the placement that confuses everyone when they hear it.  ANH deserves a place in film and pop culture history, there is no argument there.  It showed audiences something no one had seen and began a tidal wave that is still going to this day.  BUT..I feel it is the weakest of the films.  You can really tell the direction was a bit different than the rest of the films as well as the aesthetics.  I understand why all this was but it still is a film I really have no need or desire to watch that much.   I am willing to admit it may have to do with the fact I saw ESB and ROTJ first then saw ANH a few years afterwards.  
Awesome write up. Thanks for taking the time to do that.  I really appreciate your perspective on the films. Point awarded.  Grin

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »

1. Rogue one
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. A New Hope
6. Revenge of the Sith