Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049 Trailer: Ryan Gosling is the New Blade Runner  (Read 1527 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: December 19, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k</a>

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »

When I heard they were making a sequel to Blade Runner, I was like "NOOOOOOOO!". Then I found out Ridley was producing and Harrison was coming back. So then I was like "HMMM!". Then it was announced Denis Villeneuve was directing, and I was like "WHO?". Then I saw Arrival. So now I'm like "OMFG!". And now we have the trailer, and I'm like "F*CK YEAH!"

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.
When I heard they were making a sequel to Blade Runner, I was like "NOOOOOOOO!". Then I found out Ridley was producing and Harrison was coming back. So then I was like "HMMM!". Then it was announced Denis Villeneuve was directing, and I was like "WHO?". Then I saw Arrival. So now I'm like "OMFG!". And now we have the trailer, and I'm like "F*CK YEAH!"

Everything Dark Knox said - my sentiment exactly - and now I want it here and we have to wait a whole year! 2017 is going to be another great year for movies. Thanks for posting this, KRK! Points to both of you.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:27:47 PM »

Very excited for this!

Aside from my own personal affection for the original Blade Runner, I have grown quite fond of Ryan Gosling as of late. He used to just be a pretty face to me, but he has some serious acting chops.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »

Very excited for this!

Aside from my own personal affection for the original Blade Runner, I have grown quite fond of Ryan Gosling as of late. He used to just be a pretty face to me, but he has some serious acting chops.
Completely agree - he's the perfect choice for this role. Love the casting on this one, and for me, confidence is HIGH when Ridley Scott is involved. I wonder if they'll use music by Vangelis again?  Cheesy

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:47:34 PM »

I was a little concerned when when I saw the title but was curious. After reading Knox's reply and who all is involved it should be really good. Going to have to dig out Blade Runner and watch it again, it's been awhile.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 03:44:21 AM »

Harrison Ford's character probably shows up half way through and dies at the end by the hand of the replicant he was with at the end of the first one.  Tongue It's too bad he won't live. But then again, who does?  Wink

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »

*drools*

OWK... if they bring back Rutger Hauer somehow, I think I may die! lol

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 08:24:08 PM »

*drools*

OWK... if they bring back Rutger Hauer somehow, I think I may die! lol
That would truly be epic, and with what they just did with Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One, they could make it look very good with Bladerunner, considering Rutger's character, Roy Batty, is a replicant anyway, the CGI wouldn't detract from that reproduction. Regardless, I'm excited for this movie - one of the truly great movies of the 80s I got to experience growing up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: