Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Autumn Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize Review: The Arbiter  (Read 2578 times)
KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« on: December 19, 2016, 07:59:47 PM »

Hello Saber Forum Family

As many of you know we recently had the Autum Raffle and I won a 2nd place prize which just happened to be an Obsidian V3 Aribiter in Guardian Blue.

I had seen the Arbiter on the US site and really had no desire to ever own one.  It seemed kinda plain and boring.  So it was a fully MHS hilt, who cares!  I wasn’t impressed with what I saw and knew it would never make it into my collection.   

I have to be completely honest here.  I was kinda disappointed when it came out of the box.  I had seen many really nice prizes handed out and I felt that I kinda got messed over with my prize. (I know it was a prize and I didn’t pay for it, but I still felt that I had the right to be disappointed) As soon as I saw it I was trying to figure out a way to sell it off and buy something else. 

However,  I have come to realize that this saber has very quickly made its way to my top  dueling saber and my top five sabers over all.  I never realized how much I was going to love this saber, until I started to handle it.  (Be quiet Haz and let me finish what Im saying!)  Tongue  Its slim-lined and sleek (only 1.45” diameter) and has a very nice length (14” long) for two handed dueling.  Its plain looking hilt actually makes it extremely comfortable for dueling.  There is no lack of areas to grip the saber and because its so long its perfect for two handed use.

So lets discuss the attributes of the Arbiter here:

General knowledge its 14” long, 1.45” diameter, it weighs 1 lb 2 oz (with the Obsidian V3 card in the hilt), and the blade sits in the emitter at 2.25”.

As I mentioned earlier, the length of the hilt is perfect for two handed dueling, and because of the saber weighing at just over 1 pound, it seems like you can duel for a considerably longer length of time.  The diameter is just right and doesn’t feel like your holding a zucchini in your hands.  I have to say that with the blade sitting in as far as it does, even with a 32” HG blade its still well balanced and easy to maneuver.

The grenade handle just below the choke is well placed and allows for a solid grip even when it gets a little bit sweaty.  With the pommel being just slightly bigger than the hilt it allows for a sweet spot for my off hand. 

I know it sounds cheesy and kinda corny, but I really have to express my gratitude to US for giving me this really unexpected hilt.  I never would have gotten this saber on my own, but Im glad I did get it.  I have been surprised by this saber in many ways and I am so in love with this saber.   

Here are some pics of the saber by itself:

Here are some pics of the Arbiter with a different emitter and pommels:

So in the long run I have decided that I really love this saber and wouldn't trade/sell it for anything.  Anyone who is debating on getting this saber or not, Do Not Hesitate! Get it and trust me you will not regret it.  I'm really glad I got it and would love to get another one.  It would make an awesome staff. 

Feel free to ask questions and comment on whatever you want.  I will even take the criticism of my bad attitude about the free Awesome saber that I got. 

Love you guys and Love US products, Especially my brand new Arbiter.   Roll Eyes  Kiss

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »

That same experience happened to me,but with a different saber. Sometimes we don't think we will like something until we give it a try.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:48:42 PM »

Hello Saber Forum Family

As many of you know we recently had the Autum Raffle and I won a 2nd place prize which just happened to be an Obsidian V3 Aribiter in Guardian Blue.

I had seen the Arbiter on the US site and really had no desire to ever own one.  It seemed kinda plain and boring.  So it was a fully MHS hilt, who cares!  I wasn’t impressed with what I saw and knew it would never make it into my collection.  

I have to be completely honest here.  I was kinda disappointed when it came out of the box.  I had seen many really nice prizes handed out and I felt that I kinda got messed over with my prize. (I know it was a prize and I didn’t pay for it, but I still felt that I had the right to be disappointed) As soon as I saw it I was trying to figure out a way to sell it off and buy something else.  

However,  I have come to realize that this saber has very quickly made its way to my top  dueling saber and my top five sabers over all.  I never realized how much I was going to love this saber, until I started to handle it.  (Be quiet Haz and let me finish what Im saying!)  Tongue  Its slim-lined and sleek (only 1.45” diameter) and has a very nice length (14” long) for two handed dueling.  Its plain looking hilt actually makes it extremely comfortable for dueling.  There is no lack of areas to grip the saber and because its so long its perfect for two handed use.

General knowledge its 14” long, 1.45” diameter, it weighs 1 lb 2 oz (with the Obsidian V3 card in the hilt), and the blade sits in the emitter at 2.25”.

As I mentioned earlier, the length of the hilt is perfect for two handed dueling, and because of the saber weighing at just over 1 pound, it seems like you can duel for a considerably longer length of time.  The diameter is just right and doesn’t feel like your holding a zucchini in your hands.  I have to say that with the blade sitting in as far as it does, even with a 32” HG blade its still well balanced and easy to maneuver.

The grenade handle just below the choke is well placed and allows for a solid grip even when it gets a little bit sweaty.  With the pommel being just slightly bigger than the hilt it allows for a sweet spot for my off hand.  

I know it sounds cheesy and kinda corny, but I really have to express my gratitude to US for giving me this really unexpected hilt.  I never would have gotten this saber on my own, but Im glad I did get it.  I have been surprised by this saber in many ways and I am so in love with this saber.  

So in the long run I have decided that I really love this saber and wouldn't trade/sell it for anything.  Anyone who is debating on getting this saber or not, Do Not Hesitate! Get it and trust me you will not regret it.  I'm really glad I got it and would love to get another one.  It would make an awesome staff.  

Feel free to ask questions and comment on whatever you want.  I will even take the criticism of my bad attitude about the free Awesome saber that I got.  

Love you guys and Love US products, Especially my brand new Arbiter.   Roll Eyes  Kiss

Very nice indeed KraytDragonPearl. I ended up using the Manticore Emitters on my Dark Arbiters as well.

I also like the addition of the Lost Grey Pommel and the Manticore Emitter added to your Arbiter. Smiley

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 10:02:21 PM »

This is good stuff, KDP. Thanks for writing this up about your Arbiter. I think your honesty was very cool, and I enjoyed reading about your experience with this new saber quite a bit. I think the grenade grip is particularly appealing to me. With your review I can't wait to get one now.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 12:34:00 AM »

I was waiting for you or someone else to make an Arbiter review. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pics. +1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »

LOL . . . good stuff!  Like others I value your opinion so this is helpful.  I'm still so - so with this hilt, and like LB said your honesty is refreshing and cuts through clutter and in the end actually adds appeal to the Arbiter.  Points for the nice pics and review.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 02:19:09 AM »

Hello Saber Forum Family

I had seen the Arbiter on the US site and really had no desire to ever own one.  It seemed kinda plain and boring.  So it was a fully MHS hilt, who cares!  I wasn’t impressed with what I saw and knew it would never make it into my collection.   

I have to be completely honest here.  I was kinda disappointed when it came out of the box.  I had seen many really nice prizes handed out and I felt that I kinda got messed over with my prize. (I know it was a prize and I didn’t pay for it, but I still felt that I had the right to be disappointed) As soon as I saw it I was trying to figure out a way to sell it off and buy something else. 

However,  I have come to realize that this saber has very quickly made its way to my top  dueling saber and my top five sabers over all.  I never realized how much I was going to love this saber, until I started to handle it.  (Be quiet Haz and let me finish what Im saying!)  Tongue  Its slim-lined and sleek (only 1.45” diameter) and has a very nice length (14” long) for two handed dueling.  Its plain looking hilt actually makes it extremely comfortable for dueling.  There is no lack of areas to grip the saber and because its so long its perfect for two handed use.

As I mentioned earlier, the length of the hilt is perfect for two handed dueling, and because of the saber weighing at just over 1 pound, it seems like you can duel for a considerably longer length of time.  The diameter is just right and doesn’t feel like your holding a zucchini in your hands.  I have to say that with the blade sitting in as far as it does, even with a 32” HG blade its still well balanced and easy to maneuver.

The grenade handle just below the choke is well placed and allows for a solid grip even when it gets a little bit sweaty.  With the pommel being just slightly bigger than the hilt it allows for a sweet spot for my off hand. 

I know it sounds cheesy and kinda corny, but I really have to express my gratitude to US for giving me this really unexpected hilt.  I never would have gotten this saber on my own, but Im glad I did get it.  I have been surprised by this saber in many ways and I am so in love with this saber.   

So in the long run I have decided that I really love this saber and wouldn't trade/sell it for anything.  Anyone who is debating on getting this saber or not, Do Not Hesitate! Get it and trust me you will not regret it.  I'm really glad I got it and would love to get another one.  It would make an awesome staff. 

Feel free to ask questions and comment on whatever you want.  I will even take the criticism of my bad attitude about the free Awesome saber that I got. 

Love you guys and Love US products, Especially my brand new Arbiter.   Roll Eyes  Kiss

amazing

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:49:03 AM »

Thanks for the review and all the pictures of the different emitter/hilt/pommel combos. Point well deserved.

Isn't it amazing how the simplest designs are so comfortable and user friendly?

Signature banner by DarthScrub

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »

Thanks for all the feed back everyone.  I have to say that the Manticore Emitter and regular Arbiter pommel is probably the most comfortable combination.  Im not sure if you all noticed but I took a pic of the Manticore emitter as the emitter and the Arbiter Emitter as the pommel.  It was a weird combination but I kinda liked it as well.  Its actually pic #4 in the lineup.   

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 06:18:24 PM »

Send it in for QD when you can, because you wont be able to remove the neck piece if you don't. Removing the neck will give you a load of posibilities to customize the looks of the hilt and change its length if you wanted to.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 02:21:16 AM »

Nice one KDP!

Thanks for that info Lord Japarco... I think I'm just going to have to play it safe  and add QDs to anything I get, just in case of a scenario like this!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 02:23:53 AM »

Thanks again for the great review! You should get some extra rewards points from US, because your review helped me make up my mind and I ordered one myself tonight  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »

Point for the Review!

I'm really starting to appreciate this one more & more.  I've been thinking about maybe someday doing a Dark Arbiter Staff with shorter blades to compensate for the extra long hilts.

Also totally love that the grenade grip is its own MHS piece.  With connectors on the LED unit that would make it easy to move around . . . though I guess you would likewise need connectors with plenty of slack on the wires to use it on the other hilt(s).

Wonder what hilts that piece would work well with . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 03:21:02 AM »

Renegade, with its grenade grip lower section.....
I haz plans Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »

Point for the Review!

I'm really starting to appreciate this one more & more.  I've been thinking about maybe someday doing a Dark Arbiter Staff with shorter blades to compensate for the extra long hilts.

Also totally love that the grenade grip is its own MHS piece.  With connectors on the LED unit that would make it easy to move around . . . though I guess you would likewise need connectors with plenty of slack on the wires to use it on the other hilt(s).

Wonder what hilts that piece would work well with . . .

I bought that piece from the "other guys" and I can confirm (as I'm sure KDP would) it's beautiful. But it's long on its own and over-all kills the proportions of a lot of hilts I've tried it with.

I want a home for it so bad but so far haven't found the right fit.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: