Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: grab bag partial review  (Read 2363 times)
Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

« on: December 20, 2016, 10:13:16 PM »

Got a grab bag saber and I believe it to be a Standard Issue Battle Saber V3. Looks to have the Arctic Blue color though I'm not sure if it's normal or tri.  Balance is good, hilt is definitely heavier duty feeling than the Sentinel I already have.  Also has a recharge port. 

Currently trying out the various blade lengths I have to see which I like best with it.  Will have photos up as soon as I can get something scheduled.  Kind of hard to take photos of myself while holding a camera and saber.

My only suggestion/critique for the grab bags is it would be really nice to have a list of what parts are on the saber so people will know for sure and if there's a recharge port, suggestion for either a charger and batteries, or include them. 

Sentinel (staff) V4 Stunt w/Adegan Silver and Arctic Blue
Aeon V4, Obsidian lite w/Arctic Blue, flash silver on clash
Standard Issue Battle Saber w/Arctic Blue (from grab bag)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:01:46 AM »

Hi.  The recharge port on your grab bag stunt saber most likely will not be wired up for actual use.  Will run with the AAA battery pack and usually have the black guarded momentary switch.  If you are somewhat confidently skilled at soldering and wiring, there are members that could walk you through installing a working rc port.  You would need to purchase the adapter/charger sold on the US site.  You can indicate on your post at any time if you might be interested in doing this as a future project.

Will look forward to seeing those photos of your sabers.  Smiley

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 02:40:30 AM »

Thanks for the input.  I posted on one of the other forum sections about the port and got the same answer.  I just thought it was odd they'd include the port if it wasn't wired up.

At the moment, I'm going to leave things as they are, but might think about upgrading later.

I still think a small list of what was put into the grab bag saber would be really nice though.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 03:20:03 AM »

All grab bags are AAA battery, random hilt, random color. That is it. As is stated in the section about grab bags.
If you are lucky enough to get one that has something else as well, like a recharge port, you got a bargain! sure, its not wired up. sure, you dont have the right setup in the saber to use it, but you just got the best part of an $80 feature for free.

Grab bag already saves you anywhere from about $10 to $50 depending on your luck... anything else is bonus time, even if its not functional.
Just priced it for you. to get your exact saber brand new, basic color, with blade: $131.99 (add $5 more if you truly got Arctic Blue)
if you had bought a brand new blade with your grab bag, your cost: $70.00

Almost half price!

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 07:05:06 AM »

Not sure if my post came off as me complaining, it wasn't meant to.  I was just confused.  I like the saber that I got and thought it would have been nice to get a little print out or something stating the options on the saber I got so there was no confusion.  I knew I'd get random options and was getting a good deal no matter what I received.

If my post came off as a complaint or sounding like I was trying to weasel my way to free extras, I apologize, that was not my intention.  I thought I was giving decent feedback and offering potential solutions to avoid confusion in the future.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »

Not sure if my post came off as me complaining, it wasn't meant to.  I was just confused.  I like the saber that I got and thought it would have been nice to get a little print out or something stating the options on the saber I got so there was no confusion.  I knew I'd get random options and was getting a good deal no matter what I received.

If my post came off as a complaint or sounding like I was trying to weasel my way to free extras, I apologize, that was not my intention.  I thought I was giving decent feedback and offering potential solutions to avoid confusion in the future.

Your good!  No complaints were taken out of your review.  You made a good point and we appreciate it.  It was just Corwyn letting you know how good a deal you got.  If you can post a pic for us so we can wee what you got and then we can also let you know more specifics on your LED.  If you want to know if your LED is a regular or Tri-C just look at the LED while turned off, if you see a single LED its a standard LED If you see three LED's bulbs, then you have a Tri-C. 

Im curious to see what the saber body looks like and id like to see what the color is as well. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Aayrick
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

Here's a link to a comparison pic I took which has the saber, as well as two others, where I tried to show what the Arctic Blue color looks like with different blade and led options.  Thread is in the Gallery forum, but here's the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rdez83z5hf86kv2/AAC-nSPwOEVOAI0O47Aj2Neva?dl=0

I didn't even think to look inside at how many LED's were in there.  Will do that when I get home from work.  Thanks

Heero92
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »

With my most recent order, I included a grab bag saber. I was surprised when I could hardly find any cosmetic damage at all. It is a great saber for a smaller price, I think I'm going to get more Grab Bag Sabers as often as possible. I love UltraSabers and will definitely be buying from them again. The shipping was prompt and I always feel like I get the best service.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 04:20:29 AM »

A minor complaint with a suggestion of how to avoid confusion. thats what I took from your post. I tried to explain that due to the completely random nature of things, an inventory of features isnt really feasible, its just random and you get to figure out what you got.... the recharge port has cropped up on several lately, but its just a case of they cant take it out because it leaves a hole in the hilt, so just leave it in and let people do with it what they will, and that in your case you got a steal. No offense meant, and apologies for any taken.

Thanks KDP for explaining for me

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: