Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: im feeling blue....guardian blue  (Read 4977 times)
Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« on: December 22, 2016, 03:53:23 AM »

so im planning on getting a graflex
im set on choosing guardian blue
but what blade type should i get?
regular or ultra edge. opinions?

also on a side note, what length blade works well for the graflex

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »

so im planning on getting a graflex
im set on choosing guardian blue
but what blade type should i get?
regular or ultra edge. opinions?

also on a side note, what length blade works well for the graflex

Unless you really wish to duel with your saber all the time you might be better off getting an Ultra Edge Mid Grade Blade. I used to get Heavy Grade Blades all the time and realized the Mid Grade Blades do a better job. Most of my sabers have 36" blades. However I have also got a liking for the 32" blades for my sabers as they are not much shorter than a regular size blade.  They help cut down on weight and make wielding the saber so much easier and you are less likely to strike the ground whilst spinning your saber around.  Point to you good sir.  Smiley

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »

In my opinion, Guardian Blue looks good in both blade types.  So, my answer to your question is a question itself:  Which blade type do you like best?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »

The blues look good in either type, and for Guardian Blue I like them both for different reasons. I like the regular blade because it has sort of a cool haze around the edges, especially with the heavy grade due to the clear polycarbonate shell that the light is passing through, for an overall brighter looking blade vs. the ultraedge which I like because it has a solid, evenly lit appearance. I tend to use the ultraedge blade more often with both Guardian Blue and Arctic Blue because I think those are two of the colors that really look good with it. Consular Green is another.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:13:40 AM »

thanks everyone
ill go for 32" ultraedge

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 03:14:53 AM »

thanks everyone
ill go for 32" ultraedge

Excellent choice.  I have a couple of those and they're great blades.  Plus, as others said, GB looks sweet in UE.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 03:26:45 AM »

thanks everyone
ill go for 32" ultraedge

You won't regret it and good call on the 32 inch blade. Like Jeadus Teal mentioned I think that you'll appreciate the versatility of that blade length quite a bit. Where I used to only go with 36 inch blades, I tried the 32 inch first on the Fulcrum and haven't looked back. You could say the 32 is now the new 36. The 36 inch blade just feels like too much now. There you have it... my view on that.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 03:48:49 AM »

You big guys and your 32 inch blades. I'm only 5'6" and I love the 36 inch. It just looks right on the saber. I may be changing my tune someday if I ever do get a 32 incher.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 04:14:39 AM »

You big guys and your 32 inch blades. I'm only 5'6" and I love the 36 inch. It just looks right on the saber. I may be changing my tune someday if I ever do get a 32 incher.

to each his own my friend, also im not tall. im 5'7"
i already have a 36" blade for my raven

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »

Star Wars movie blades are about 40" long... I think 36" is perfect for any hilt over 10" long, for an adult I mean. And when the blade socket are 3" deep makes them shorter. My wife has a 32" on her Prophecy, and it feels nice for her (she is not very tall), but for me, it doesn't feel like a proper size of blade for a normal standard sized lightsaber. I would definetly go with 32" blade for an initiate of aprentice.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 09:40:17 PM »

Star Wars movie blades are about 40" long... I think 36" is perfect for any hilt over 10" long, for an adult I mean. And when the blade socket are 3" deep makes them shorter. My wife has a 32" on her Prophecy, and it feels nice for her (she is not very tall), but for me, it doesn't feel like a proper size of blade for a normal standard sized lightsaber. I would definetly go with 32" blade for an initiate of aprentice.

in the movies they can adjust the length of the saber so its not really a good reference (unless you are talking about the actual props)
i already have a 36'' and it great for large sabers like the raven. plus i could always order extra blades. but i have a good feeling with 32"

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 09:42:44 PM »

thank you every on who has expressed their opinions. points to all.
after much thought i have finally made my order. ill let you all know what i think of it when i receive it.

happy holidays
may the force be with you

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 10:45:53 PM »

in the movies they can adjust the length of the saber so its not really a good reference (unless you are talking about the actual props)
i already have a 36'' and it great for large sabers like the raven. plus i could always order extra blades. but i have a good feeling with 32"
It is true they can adjust, but they still usually are around 40" long. I mean the hilt can adjust the blade length, but in the films, except for Yoda, and Maul when using both sides, they are always 40".

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 10:54:58 PM »

Well, I made some research, and they are 36" or 1m, but with out counting the blade sockets reducing the lengths.

My Lightsabers:

sllikskills
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 81

Maully Maul

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 10:36:21 PM »

Excited for you man - I have a Graflex on the way too.

Here's some useful information to all - I learned this after calling customer service today to see if I can add flash on clash to my saber..

If you made a purchase over 250 (which you did), and entered the raffle, they are not planning on shipping until the raffle is over. So even though they said that they had my blade already constructed and it would cost an additional 25 to deconstruct and add flash on clash for mine ( Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ), they did tell me that it wouldn't go out until the 16th of Jan. She also said something along the lines of "...And I could send your package out now, but that would take you out of the raffle, and ... I STRONGLY urge you to stay in." Just the way she said it made me think that I might be a winner hahaha. But realistically they probably didn't even start yet. Yes.. I'm a daydreamer haha

Anyway so just letting you know.

Also, DAMN I got ultraedge heavy grades for both my sabers.  One 32" and one 36" so that I can switch. But maybe I should order a separate 32" ultra midgrade after reading these comments. Oh well, maybe my free initiate or raffle saber (hopefully) will come in one of those mid grade blades. Only time will tell!

Cheers and happy holidays bro!

Maully Maul

Stay Woke!!!

-Graflex SE - Obsidian V4 - Arctic Blue - Adegan Silver foc
-Electrum Wind - Obsidian Lite - Violet Amethyst - no foc
-Prophecy v3 - Obsidian Lite - Adegan Silver - Blazing Red foc
-Dark Initiate v3 - Adegan Silver - Stunt (for now)
-Fulcrum - Emerald - Obsidian v4 - Consular Green
-Chosen One CE - Emerald - Obsidian v4 - Blazing Red
-Lost Gray - Custom Install

My Wood Graflex Build Thread - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33641.msg528894#msg528894

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: