Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: What hilts would you like to see UltraSabers release in the future ???  (Read 50100 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:42 AM »

the character inspired hilts are beautiful no doubt but i wanna see some more original designs.
recently they brought out mace windu's and ahsoka's sabers.
how bout some more US invented designs?

This x 1000!

I'd also love to see a new single blade saber that's a 100% original design from US.

Things like the Scorpion, Manticore & Reaper were Grand Slams in the US lineup!  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Mordryd
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 20

Light Side Force Points please.

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 05:25:18 AM »

How about the Darksaber or Emperor Palpatine's lightsabers?

The proud owner of a Dark Arbiter with Obsidian v4.

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 05:36:17 AM »

for the darksaber
im more interested in how US would build the hilt shape than the "dark blade"

as for sidious' saber
im not going there again

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Akacen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 64

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »

I'd really like to see Satele Shan's lightsaber/double lightsaber. They could sell it as strictly a double, perhaps. Add something to that group that isn't just a copy of the singles?

Also, would really like to see a lightsaber with some wood accents on it. It'd be hella expensive, I'm sure, but... that'd be gorgeous.

LS points please. ^.^

My Sabers:
Stunt: Initiate (CG), Catalyst (SRD), Mantis CE (AB), Aeon v2 (CG), Dark Apprentice v4 (BR), Dark Initiate v4 (CG), Apprentice LE v5 (AB), Sentinel LE v5 (AB, SRD), Aeon LE v5 (SRD), Arbiter (GB), Consular (CG), Spectre (FO)
Lite Sound: Catalyst (SRD), Sentinel LE V4 (AB)
V4 Sound: Aeon LE v4 (CG), Bellicose (FO), Lost Gray (SRD)
Emerald: Fulcrum

Wishlist: Grand Master LE (currently in cart), Savior, Brood Guard SE, Dorinian, Flamberge CE, Shock LE, Dark War Glaive, Guardian

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »

How about the Darksaber or Emperor Palpatine's lightsabers?

To date anyway, all of the US lineup is made via machining an aluminum cylinder blank on a lathe.

You'll notice - every hilt is "round".

To do odd shapes like those would likely require casting 2 separate halves and putting them together.  Usually results in a seam down the middle and wouldn't be as durable and US' signature is "combat ready" sabers.

Never say never but they've shown no interest to date in completely changing their manufacturing process, especially to something that is likely to be less durable than their current lineup.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

To date anyway, all of the US lineup is made via machining an aluminum cylinder blank on a lathe.

You'll notice - every hilt is "round".

To do odd shapes like those would likely require casting 2 separate halves and putting them together.  Usually results in a seam down the middle and wouldn't be as durable and US' signature is "combat ready" sabers.

Never say never but they've shown no interest to date in completely changing their manufacturing process, especially to something that is likely to be less durable than their current lineup.
They could use a mill, then switch over to a lathe. That's likely what they do for pommels like the square Malice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »

Ezra Bridger V1

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 06:46:00 AM »

Something to the effect of Roblio Darte's saber would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

Dooku' s saber is it the top for me, but a Starkiller saber would be awesome. Even better if US could put a crystal unit in it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »

This x 1000!

I'd also love to see a new single blade saber that's a 100% original design from US.

Things like the Scorpion, Manticore & Reaper were Grand Slams in the US lineup!  Smiley

i agree but i also want some SWTOR sabers and i would prefer not from the other guys. such as Zen Vallow's lightsaber.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ven_Zallow's_lightsaber

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »

Dooku' s saber is it the top for me, but a Starkiller saber would be awesome. Even better if US could put a crystal unit in it.

Hmmm, that would make 3 starkiller hilts from US (considering the bellicose and the raven are starkiller's too), but yeah, the graflex inspired one is certainly the best. However, I think they could make an inspired one, but not one with a crystal chamber, since that would not make it duel-worthy, and US makes everything duel-worthy. An inspired one would be awesome though, (need a dooku first though XD).

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »

If they can make the electronics smaller, or be clever, a smaller saber hilt would be nice as that would make for a Dooku inspired hilt to be more what it is suppose to be....a fencing style blade (with extras).  In theory they don't even really need the tiny curve at the emitter end, just the main curve at the pommel end, with the whole thing around as short at an Initiate hilt.

To be clever, maybe make the hilt straight and design a curved pommel that's on three inches long pasts the curve which goes right into the base of the hilt.  At that point you could attach it to any hilt, though it look best on a smaller hilt that having a jutting three inch piece hanging behind your Bane.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »

IF the saber tech gets to a point to where the Emerald boards are smaller and can fit into smaller hilts I would love to see (as some others have mentioned):

1) Dooku's curved hilt, or other curved hilt designs
2) Yoda's shoto saber
3) The Apprentice's saber - not the Raven (which is AWESOME, don't get me wrong), but his starting saber

Now...the OTHER things I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see US do:

4) Make more custom designs
5) Give me my Darth Revan saber.  Give give give.
6) Make more coupler designs - particularly some female-female, and female-male couplers, as well as different extender pieces

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »

If they can make the electronics smaller, or be clever, a smaller saber hilt would be nice as that would make for a Dooku inspired hilt to be more what it is suppose to be....a fencing style blade (with extras).  In theory they don't even really need the tiny curve at the emitter end, just the main curve at the pommel end, with the whole thing around as short at an Initiate hilt.

To be clever, maybe make the hilt straight and design a curved pommel that's on three inches long pasts the curve which goes right into the base of the hilt.  At that point you could attach it to any hilt, though it look best on a smaller hilt that having a jutting three inch piece hanging behind your Bane.

That is not a bad idea, would make for a pretty good approximation to Ventress' hilts. However, I believe they could already achieve this with the elbow of the mantis. I'm not a big fan though, because its too much of an angle rather than a curve, we need a curve XD. In fact, they could make a curved emitter just like you said (maybe with the scorpion claw just for that dooku look) and we could technically use the elbow of the mantis as the lower pommel section of dooku's saber. However, the only flaw is see with this is that the LED would not be aligned with the blade if the only curve is on the emitter and not the body... =( That would probably decrease the brightness of the blade by a significant amount. SO, we're back to thinking then...

IF the saber tech gets to a point to where the Emerald boards are smaller and can fit into smaller hilts I would love to see (as some others have mentioned):

1) Dooku's curved hilt, or other curved hilt designs
2) Yoda's shoto saber
3) The Apprentice's saber - not the Raven (which is AWESOME, don't get me wrong), but his starting saber

Now...the OTHER things I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see US do:

4) Make more custom designs
5) Give me my Darth Revan saber.  Give give give.
6) Make more coupler designs - particularly some female-female, and female-male couplers, as well as different extender pieces

oooh, Revan sabers are a MUST! Didn't think about them or Yoda's, but I don't know id I'd like Yoda's anyways, like Sidious'. I feel like Sidious and Yoda are characters that essentially don't need lightsabers, so I wouldn't be too keen on owning their sabers (except maybe Sidious' because of its shape and its emitter, so unique). And different coupling parts would be nice. Would certainly make for a new source of inspiration for saber modding!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 10:30:15 PM »

If someone could put up a collection of pictures of a good verity of sabers that would be great for those of us like me who aren't as well up on the characters that aren't in the films because from what I have read there are some amazing sabers that don't appear in the films.

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: