Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Carrie Fisher heart attack  (Read 4384 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 04:44:40 AM »

May The Force guide her back to the land of the living, and if not, may it embrace her in its arms for all time.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »

No points, just fist bumps baby!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »

There are not a whole lot of updates at this time.  All that is being said is that she is in ICU and that she had a massive heart attack in flight.  We will have to wait and see.  Lots of love and prayers go out to her and her family.

Agree with you Majobu

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »

Yes ... Hope ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »

This does not sound good at all.  Undecided   She will need all the Force healing energies that we can send her way.  I agree... no more negativity/loss for 2016... whether one is in the public eye or out of the spotlights.

Sadly, you're wrong...http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38427459

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »

They're now saying that the heart attack assumption is "speculation" and that there aren't really any assurances of her condition at the moment.  Well, dammit.  WHICH IS IT?  Sounds like a heart attack to me, but what do I know?

I woke up during the night multiple times to check my phone for updates on her condition and I suspect I will keep doing so.  Please hang in there, Carrie!  Give 2016 the finger!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »

Sending positive thoughts and hope to Carrie Fisher. May the Force be with you.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 06:52:13 PM »

The first 72 hours after a heart attack are the most dangerous. Right now no news updates is good news. Hopefully the next news update will be late in the day on Monday or on Tuesday.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »

The first 72 hours after a heart attack are the most dangerous. Right now no news updates is good news. Hopefully the next news update will be late in the day on Monday or on Tuesday.

This is a very good point.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »

Sad news, friends...

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

Carrie Fisher, the actress best known as Star Wars‘ Princess Leia Organa, has died after suffering a heart attack. She was 60.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement to PEOPLE on behalf of Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd:
“It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning,” reads the statement.

“She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly,” says Lourd. “Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.”

Fisher was flying from London to Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 23, when she went into cardiac arrest. Paramedics removed her from the flight and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for a heart attack. She later died in the hospital.

The daughter of showbiz veteran Debbie Reynolds and entertainer Eddie Fisher, Fisher was brought up in the sometimes tumultuous world of film, theatre and television.
Escaping Hollywood in 1973, the star enrolled in the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, where she spent over a year studying acting.

Just two years later, though, the bright lights of Hollywood drew her back, and Fisher made her film debut in the Warren Beatty-lead Shampoo.

Her role in Star Wars would follow in 1977 – the experience she recently detailed in memoir, The Princess Diarist. She was only 19 when the first installment of the beloved sci-fi franchise was filmed.

In addition to the second and third Star Wars films – and last year’s The Force Awakens – Fisher starred in 1980’s The Blues Brothers, The Man with One Red Shoe, Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters in 1986 and, later, When Harry Met Sally.

Fisher wed musician Paul Simon in 1983. It was an explosive marriage, according to Homeward Bound: The Life of Paul Simon author Peter Ames Carlin, and was cut short by swinging stages of depression, the actresses’ drug use and an array of personal insecurities. The relationship continued, though, on-and-off for several years after the pair divorced in 1984.

The star’s substance abuse problem was well-known, starting at only age 13 when she first started smoking marijuana, Fisher previously told The Telegraph. She said she later dabbled in drugs like cocaine and LSD. Fisher’s addiction was largely profiled in her 1987 best-selling, semi-autobiographical novel, Postcards from the Edge, which was later turned into a movie starring Meryl Streep.

“I never could take alcohol. I always said I was allergic to alcohol, and that’s actually a definition to alcoholism — an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind,” Fisher told the Herald-Tribune in 2013. “So I didn’t do other kinds of drugs until I was about 20. Then, by the time I was 21 it was LSD. I didn’t love cocaine, but I wanted to feel any way other than the way I did, so I’d do anything.”

In 1985, Fisher was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she told the Herald-Tribune, and subsequently became an outspoken advocate for mental health awareness.

Throughout much of the ’90s, Fisher focused on her writing career, publishing Surrender the Pink and Delusions of Grandma. In addition, Fisher reportedly helped craft the scripts for numerous Hollywood films, going uncredited, for films like The Wedding Singer, Hook and Sister Act.

Billie Lourd, Fisher’s only child, was born in July 1992. The Scream Queens star’s father, talent agent Bryan Lourd, dated Fisher for three years and is now married to Bruce Bozzi.

In 2005, Fisher was recognized with the Women of Vision Award by the Women in Film & Video – DC. Three years later, Fisher’s Wishful Drinking autobiography was turned into a one-woman stage show and eventually an HBO documentary.

Of returning to the role that launched her career – Leia – for The Force Awakens, Fisher told PEOPLE in 2015, “I knew that something enormous was likely going to impact my life from this film and that there was absolutely no way of understanding what that was or was likely to be.”

The film – which brought Fisher back into the spotlight – earned  her a nomination for the 2016 Saturn Award for best supporting actress.

Just last month, Fisher also revealed her surprising on-set affair with Star Wars costar Harrison Ford in The Princess Diarist, telling PEOPLE of the three-month fling, “It was so intense.” The memoir, which drew from Fisher’s old diaries and notebooks, brought up mixed feelings for the actress.

“I had forgotten that I’d written them, and I’ve never written diaries sort of like that,” she said. “I write when I’m upset … it was about two or three months of upset.”

Fisher added, “It was sad because I was so insecure, and it’s very raw and obviously I didn’t expect anyone — including myself, I suppose later on — to read it.”

She is survived by her mom Reynolds, daughter Lourd and beloved French bulldog, Gary.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »

I read the article with tremendous sadness. But knowing... Carrie Fisher, even in death, the Force will be with you, always!

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »

I am speechless. What a loss to the world. Carrie, we're missing you terribly already.   Cry  You were part of the Force for good in this world. Truly a princess.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »

I hate it when I'm right. I'm going to go cry now.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: