Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Winter Raffle ends 01/16/2017  (Read 101969 times)
Gravediggervincent
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2017, 04:31:57 AM »

Wait, wait, wait.

Some clarification is really, really needed to avoid a potentially expensive mistake.

The side blades on an Emerald crossguard saber are controlled by one of the 4 Emerald channels, and they do NOT have full color changing function.  They also are wired together, so you can not simply turn one side off via the Emerald driver, they are not controllable individually.

If you want to have a variety of color choices for all three blades, the method that works is to get the Emerald driver and white (Adegan Silver) side blade LEDs, plus color discs or photographic lighting filters, such as the LEE filter swatch book http://shop.leefiltersusa.com/Swatch-Book-Designers-Edition-SWB.htm

The best method is to find a filter that you like in the side blades, and then try to match the main blade to the filtered sides via the Emerald settings.  Caveat to that is that some filtered colors simply cannot be matched to a satisfactory degree with RGB, but you can get a very wide variety of excellent matched colors.

Again, and this is very important, you cannot change the colors of the side blades in an Emerald crossguard saber via the Emerald settings in the launcher program, if you want to have the ability for matched blade colors in a variety of colors, AS side blades and Emerald driver, plus filters or color discs is the ONLY satisfactory method for a stock saber.

I hope that Gravediggervincent sees this before he makes a very expensive mistake.

Thanks for that, although it'll be a while before I decide to get a crossguard saber. Still, that's kinda lame, kinda defeats the purpose of an emerald saber.

paolmartin
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2017, 04:54:40 AM »

You know what, that sounds really good. If I were to win one of them, I'd give it to a good friend who also happens to be my cousin who has wanted one and hasn't been able to afford one with car repairs and other challenges in his life. That would be priceless to see the expression on his face.
the face of my brother seeing the lightsaber after we all had a rough year was totally priceless i feel ya on that!, same thing for my cousin, another cousin, and another cousin! its totally worth it man spreading the lightsaber fun!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2017, 04:56:56 AM »

Thanks for that, although it'll be a while before I decide to get a crossguard saber. Still, that's kinda lame, kinda defeats the purpose of an emerald saber.

It really isn't.

It only takes a little bit more effort and time than fiddling with the Emerald settings on a conventional saber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGKqVQ2eKY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGKqVQ2eKY</a>

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:16 AM »

the face of my brother seeing the lightsaber after we all had a rough year was totally priceless i feel ya on that!, same thing for my cousin, another cousin, and another cousin! its totally worth it man spreading the lightsaber fun!
Yes!! It could happen. May the will of the Force make it so.  Smiley

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2017, 05:03:13 AM »

First timer here. So glad I finally decided to order a saber, even super last minute for the raffle. Haha. Picked up an Aeon LE V4 Tri Fire Orange with Obsidian. Good luck and thanks Ultrasabers!

Excellent choice!  I have an Aeon LE V4 as well and I love it!  It's even more impressive in person than in pictures!  Good luck to you!

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

WalkingParadox42
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2017, 05:10:48 AM »

Alright, I'm in with a Scorpion + Pike.  I'm excited to see the results and I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Best of luck to everyone!

Dude, post a pic of that!  I got a pike for my dark monarch... almost got a scorpion.   I'd love to see it!

Gravediggervincent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2017, 05:16:29 AM »

It really isn't.

I'd get emerald to have the pulse option, not just to change the colors, so for me it does kind of defeat the purpose.

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2017, 05:19:00 AM »

Shade_1313 - Beautiful pictures and a really great video.  Point to you for your quick response and for distracting us all from watching the clock.  Smiley  

Lord Bladewraith - I am rooting for you!  I hope you do well in the raffle!  You are so generous with your time and helpful comments on this site.  And such a worthy cause to help a friend who deserves for their luck to change.  

Well...44 minutes to midnight here in the Big State of Texas.   Not that I was looking...

"I say patience..."  Anakin

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:51 AM »

I'd get emerald to have the pulse option, not just to change the colors, so for me it does kind of defeat the purpose.

If you're talking about using pulse to have blade flicker, that's absolutely doable with the crossguard sabers set up just like I use mine.  Flicker is a function of brightness, and so the side blades can flicker along with the main blade by setting the pulse rate to a pretty fast rate and different brightness levels for the different channels in use.  I find that for colors at the longer wavelength end, about a 100% - 80% brightness flicker works well, while colors further toward the other end of the spectrum look best (IMHO) at more of a 100% - 90% setting.  For mixed colors, just work out the proportional values.

Presto, blade flicker for all three blades.

On the other hand, if you want all the blades to pulse to different actual colors, then, yeah, you can't do that.

Oh, and before I forget, please go to http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0 to read and acknowledge the rules of the forum.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:15 AM »

It is 12:30 am in Ohio and I am going to TRY and fall asleep without getting my hopes up too high. Goodnight everyone and sincerly, good luck to everyone.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2017, 05:43:50 AM »

Lord Bladewraith - I am rooting for you!  I hope you do well in the raffle!  You are so generous with your time and helpful comments on this site.  And such a worthy cause to help a friend who deserves for their luck to change.  

Well...44 minutes to midnight here in the Big State of Texas.   Not that I was looking...

"I say patience..."  Anakin

Grin  Thank You, Liora! This place is a sanctuary sometimes. Good luck to you as well.

Gravediggervincent
Force Sensitive

« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2017, 05:59:41 AM »

If you're talking about using pulse to have blade flicker, that's absolutely doable with the crossguard sabers set up just like I use mine.  Flicker is a function of brightness, and so the side blades can flicker along with the main blade by setting the pulse rate to a pretty fast rate and different brightness levels for the different channels in use.  I find that for colors at the longer wavelength end, about a 100% - 80% brightness flicker works well, while colors further toward the other end of the spectrum look best (IMHO) at more of a 100% - 90% setting.  For mixed colors, just work out the proportional values.

Presto, blade flicker for all three blades.

On the other hand, if you want all the blades to pulse to different actual colors, then, yeah, you can't do that.

Oh, and before I forget, please go to http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0 to read and acknowledge the rules of the forum.
No not just flicker, I like to have 2 completely different colors going back and forth.  I do appreciate the pictures though.

DarthChibiKyo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

My own art

« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2017, 06:07:40 AM »

Happy Birthday!  You think that's exciting, wait till you find out you win something you almost can't hold still.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Sorry it took awhile to reply.
: )

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »

The Winter Raffle banner on the Ultra Sabers site has been replaced with a new Blizzard Blowout banner. We're close to finding out the winners!

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »

Well - the Raffle is officially closed.  Good luck to everyone!

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: