Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Want a scorpion with claw but...  (Read 6459 times)
Wren
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 26, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »

Hello,

I own two Dominix v4 - they work great as a staff but hard for me to spin  wielding as a  Single  or double.  I'm a woman with small hands.  I find the Dominix to be difficult to spin because of its girth.  I was looking at the  scorpion  with claw - it looks amazing but it seems to be a larger saber.  What are your thoughts scorpion owners?
Also any tips for spinning sabers with small hands?  Thanks!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:52:54 PM »

If a Dominix is too big, then a Scorpion will be way too big.

I'd suggest a v2 or v3 saber. They have a thinner diameter, and have some choke points. The Dominix v3 has a great reputation for being very easy to control and grip, as does the Prophecy.

Be aware, though, that you can't get both emerald and obsidian in those sabers. If you want one, it has to be one or the other.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:01:04 PM »

sentinel does have a nice choke point for other options as well.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »

sentinel does have a nice choke point for other options as well.

The Sentinel does indeed have great choke points, but I think they're the same diameter as the Dominix v4. At least they feel the same.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 11:25:41 PM »

I would definitely recommend a Sentinel V4. I have one myself and its amazing for everything =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 04:34:20 AM »

I wouldn't consider the Scorpion a spinning saber anyway, even for those with larger hands, but I know for me that wouldn't be the reason I'd want to get a Scorpion anyway. It's the powerful aura of that design that really appeals to me. Look at some of the reviews for the Scorpion, and you'll find others like yourself with smaller hands, both men and women, that love their Scorpion. That has what's boosted my confidence in buying one. I say go for it if you like the looks of it.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:48:39 AM »

I own 2 Scorpions and I love them, and as for spinning them I can do it all. Its all about practice and dedication. Any saber you get you'll need to get use to. I love my Scorpions but I also own several initiates to learn my spins on before I move to my bigger sabers. My girlfriend is only 5'2 and I just got her the fulcrum, she has very small hands and she loves it and it's not much smaller. While you look at sabers find the one that calls to you, and get that one. Follow your heart and if it's the one for you you will find a way. And to get good with spinning get a grab bag and use it to be your practice tool.

My girl friend said check out the shock le with a 32 inch blade both admitter and pommel are hms compatible, so it can be customized. But I think you'll find yours and you will be fine. Its hard to pick for someone else. I think you'll love the scorpion but be aware it's a very big and heavy one. Good luck in your search.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »

I own 2 Scorpions and I love them, and as for spinning them I can do it all. Its all about practice and dedication. Any saber you get you'll need to get use to. I love my Scorpions but I also own several initiates to learn my spins on before I move to my bigger sabers. My girlfriend is only 5'2 and I just got her the fulcrum, she has very small hands and she loves it and it's not much smaller. While you look at sabers find the one that calls to you, and get that one. Follow your heart and if it's the one for you you will find a way. And to get good with spinning get a grab bag and use it to be your practice tool.

My girl friend said check out the shock le with a 32 inch blade both admitter and pommel are hms compatible, so it can be customized. But I think you'll find yours and you will be fine. Its hard to pick for someone else. I think you'll love the scorpion but be aware it's a very big and heavy one. Good luck in your search.

Now that's some good advice. That about sums it up in my opinion.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 12:09:50 AM »

She is only 5'2 and she does it all, so watch maybe her video will help!

https://youtu.be/BGFaeE_o_-U

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 06:01:57 AM »

She is only 5'2 and she does it all, so watch maybe her video will help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFaeE_o_-U

I'm impressed and she has completely changed my perspective on spinning larger hilts. The fluidity in her spinning is awesome.

bebelise
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »

As a 5'7" guy with really feminine hands, I would not recommend the Scorpion for spinning. I purchased one back in May of this year and it sometimes grazes the ground if you're not careful. It wields pretty much like a Claymore and if you do master spinning it with one hand, you'd better prepare for some Popeye-like forearms.

P.S. This sith weapon had a taste of my blood several times... the claw definitely gets you if you're a noob like me.  Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »

Hey Wren.

Welcome to the forum.

There's a small administrative detail that you must see to before continuing.  Please read and acknowledge the forum rules.  We all did. Smiley

The Scorpion, although absolutely gorgeous, is one of US's largest sabers. 

I really like reconmarine's advice though.  If you really want one, you'll find a way.

I must, for the second time today, recommend the Prophecy.  Adore mine.

Cheers.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Aries4
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »

Hey I'm super small I'm 5' 2" and about a hundred pounds this is my tutorial video and maybe this will help.

https://youtu.be/q6cXRvxbEEo

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »

Hey I'm super small I'm 5' 2" and about a hundred pounds this is my tutorial video and maybe this will help.

https://youtu.be/q6cXRvxbEEo

Thank you for sharing this! You prove that size matters not. You demonstrate well that anyone can, without hesitation, handle any saber they want in the Ultra Sabers collection. I recall a certain conversation in a galaxy far, far away...

"Luke: I can't. It's too big."
"Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."

Nice video. Excellent contribution to this community!   Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »

Thank you for sharing this! You prove that size matters not. You demonstrate well that anyone can, without hesitation, handle any saber they want in the Ultra Sabers collection. I recall a certain conversation in a galaxy far, far away...

"Luke: I can't. It's too big."
"Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you."

Nice video. The Force is with you. Excellent contribution to this community!   Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: