Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Want a scorpion with claw but...  (Read 6483 times)
Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

Hello,

I own two Dominix v4 - they work great as a staff but hard for me to spin  wielding as a  Single  or double.  I'm a woman with small hands.  I find the Dominix to be difficult to spin because of its girth.  I was looking at the  scorpion  with claw - it looks amazing but it seems to be a larger saber.  What are your thoughts scorpion owners?
Also any tips for spinning sabers with small hands?  Thanks!

I have a Scorpion and I wouldn't necessarily consider it a spinning saber. It is heavy, by comparison. It's also longer than other sabers. As others have said, you can spin with it, it just takes practice and dedication - and it may also tire you out more quickly than other sabers due to it's weight. That being said, I love my Scorpion. It is an excellent saber, extremely durable, and possibly my favorite in my mere collection of 3 sabers

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 12:11:37 AM »

Spinning a Scorpion CAN be done, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you're already having problems with smaller length/diameter sabers. It'd be safer for your wrists working up to it (maybe with some smaller dumbbells or PVC pipes filled with sand or something).

If you're not fixated on having a saber with claws AND you were looking at recommendations for a model, I'd be pointing you at the Dark/Liberator. That wasp waist will help you on single-handed spins.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 01:32:13 AM »

My first saber was a black Scorpion with the claw, and on its maneuverability I will say this:  as long as you have the forearm and wrist strength to do so - totally possible.  HOWEVER...if you're unfortunate enough to have small hands (like myself), just holding and slowly spinning the thing one-handed is a chore.  It's not a matter of weight, but rather just the circumference of the saber itself.  It is NOT a small saber.  It's a hoss two-handed beast, and unless you're a 6'6" gorilla, it's meant to be wielded two-handed. 

However, if you ARE a 6'6" gorilla, please make a video where you're dual-wielding a pair of Scorpions.  That would make my week.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 01:34:55 AM »

My first saber was a black Scorpion with the claw, and on its maneuverability I will say this:  as long as you have the forearm and wrist strength to do so - totally possible.  HOWEVER...if you're unfortunate enough to have small hands (like myself), just holding and slowly spinning the thing one-handed is a chore.  It's not a matter of weight, but rather just the circumference of the saber itself.  It is NOT a small saber.  It's a hoss two-handed beast, and unless you're a 6'6" gorilla, it's meant to be wielded two-handed. 

However, if you ARE a 6'6" gorilla, please make a video where you're dual-wielding a pair of Scorpions.  That would make my week.

Only 6'4", but if you send me a couple of Scorpions I will give it a go! Cheesy

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:02 AM »

Only 6'4", but if you send me a couple of Scorpions I will give it a go! Cheesy

Ha ha that's awesome!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »

I'm 5'9", but I've got two Scorpions without claws and a Crimson Scorpion with claw, and now I feel the need to at least play around with that one escrima drill a friend showed me years ago.

But, later.  It's late, and I should have been in bed hours ago.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »

I'm 5'9", but I've got two Scorpions without claws and a Crimson Scorpion with claw, and now I feel the need to at least play around with that one escrima drill a friend showed me years ago.

But, later.  It's late, and I should have been in bed hours ago.

Shade,  Do  like the Scorpion better with or without the claw and why?

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: