Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: RIP Carrie Fisher!  (Read 5933 times)
KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« on: December 27, 2016, 06:18:22 PM »

The news just came in and Carrie Fisher didn't make it.  It is a sad day for all of us who have watched her one the years.  Princess Leia will always be my first love.

RIP Carrie Fisher.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

JediDAX76
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »

This is just tragic. She was every Fanboys dream girl. This is a sad day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dominix v4 Emerald w/ Obsidian v4; Aeon v4 stunt

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »

First time I've ever she's a tear for a celebrity's passing.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »

She is now one with the force

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:39:42 PM »

Repeating some of what I replied elsewhere.  Sad

Sad news indeed... but she would have been a shell of her former self if she had survived... to any reasonable recovery expectations.  A delightful eccentric rare light that embraced her life's ups and downs and was an inspiration to many young girls and women.

She will be missed by so many... and her Force spirit will be honored and kept alive by others... through acts such as  cosplay tributes.  Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 06:42:46 PM »

This is hitting me a lot harder than I thought it would.

I know I may be understating it, but damn, this is such a ******* bummer.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:42:55 PM »

Today is a sad day - the only princess that ever mattered to me.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »

Today is a sad day - the only princess that ever mattered to me.

I feel the same way.  My wife told me that Carrie Fisher is America's True Princess.  The only one we will ever have!

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/movies/carrie-fisher-dead-star-wars-princess-leia.html

Cry

No words right now.  I just watched the OT for the 2 millionth time in my life this week, thinking about her the whole viewing.

Well, the one thing I am thinking now, and please note I say this advisedly, is that Episode VIII is going to be a very hard watch now.

And one happy memory of her talent - she ghost wrote a lot of the Dialogue that made it into the finished film of Empire Strikes Back.

This article shows a page of the script with her handwritten changes - a lot of which are instantly recognizable from the film.  The dialogue would have been a lot more wooden indeed without her contributions.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1604500/see-changes-carrie-fisher-made-to-empire-strikes-back-dialogue

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »

All of us at work are HUGE Star Wars fans.  We actually closed the shop for an hour so we could absorb the impact of this.  I usually handle death quite well, even within my own family, but man, I cried.  We all did.  Despite trying to have a positive outlook about her condition, we somehow knew it wasn't going to end well. 

Carrie was my first female crush and someone I deeply admired.  I'm so, so sad about this.  I can't even articulate how I feel right now.   Cry

My New Year's resolution is to watch 2016 die. 

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 07:49:20 PM »

And another one....2016 took so many great actors, musicians, politicians.....I don't think I could stand another year like that...

To quote Madonna: "Pi** off, 2016"

Cry

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »

I met her at a company social event 2 years back.  She was in bad shape to be quite candid - you could tell she was on some very powerful meds w slurred speech and somewhat incoherent thoughts during the 1 hour discussion / Q&A.  She did talk about her struggle with drugs and bi-polar disorder which paved the way for more recent healthy campaigns and initiatives.

RIP - Carrie Fisher!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 08:03:59 PM »

It's a bit quiet around the house, now. My whole family are fans of Star Wars and particularly Carrie Fisher. My wife and I loved her in "When Harry Met Sally", too. We got to meet her at Comic Con, standing right next to her and her dog, Gary Fisher, and I'll never forget it...

She is dearly missed and when I heard the news this morning from my 17 year old son who read about it first, I can only say I had a glimpse of what Obi Wan Kenobi must have felt like when he said, "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror... I fear something terrible has happened." Indeed we are all the millions of voices crying out in terror that we have lost this beloved lady.  The best words of comfort I've seen today are in the statement that she has become one with the Force. May she find comfort, solace and rest in that place. I'm having trouble accepting that she's not with us now. It's gonna be a Carrie Fisher movie day I think, starting with a New Hope.  Cry

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 08:08:34 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 08:09:39 PM »

Carrie Fisher will always be remembered by us here. RIP

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: