Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: New Years Resolutions & Saber  (Read 20490 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:53 AM »

Viv... I love you to the ends of the earth and beyond.  Kiss  What was my life all about before you lol.  Roll Eyes

I don't like SBI but I so want that crimson one and the Libby.  Shocked  Sweet... just like you.  Tongue  Hope you locate them.

PM me with new and improved ways to be more expressive.  Wink

Thanks for the share and hot pink hued point.  Cool

Given your saber collection, I've a good idea what your life was about before me.

If I cannot locate them, Goal #2 is DIY anodizing.  I've done research and it's not difficult to do, but it's not inexpensive either.  I'm going to eventually try it regardless, since it's theoretically possible to blend colors  Shocked

And a Blazing (hot like you) Red point back to you. Wink

Oh yeah, and I'll eat healthier, exercise more, and create Dark Side versions of some of the lighter sabers.  And keep the rebuilt house clean(er) and more organized.  And try to visit Canada at some point.  

Catalyst is a good all around saber for new things, since a catalyst is a beginner of change.  However, my next saber(s) from US are hopefully going to be a Dark Arbiter, Fulcrum, Lost Grey, perhapse another Dark Standard Issue, and a Dark Sentinel.

Dauntless, whomever you decide to be, however you decide to behave, I'm glad you're here.  

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 03:02:32 AM »

So glad you are here too Viv and hope you are really liking the updated version of your home.  Cheesy  You might want to ask Lord Canterbury about the purple saber hilt that he painted.  Anodizing would look really neat and cool.  I think that TCSS does this at certain times of the year.  Please make sure that you share the process and results.  What if you were to have the saber done at a vehicle painting place as some routinely do anodizing.  In the meantime we will be on the lookout for those crimson sabers... occasionally are seen on ebay.  Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 07:05:19 AM »

A few of my goals are: to be a better dad . . . to stop believing that the parental clock stops when I'm tired or don't feel like parenting but to always be aware and present for my son and daughter, and be their leader.  

To be a better listener to my kids - they are powerful and influential people and I have SO much to learn from the 8 and 6yr old in my life.

To not let the words and actions of others control my thoughts or behaviour - my value isn't in others, it's in me.  Respond and not react - bring the qualities I have in my time and my way - yet remain humble to learn some new tricks.  

The US I see fitting this work in progress is the Apprentice line - likely the Dark Apprentice LE (or to surprise myself - the std Apprentice), in Tri-AS with a silver ill black AV switch and a Dark Catalyst pommel for a tad bit more style and grip length.  

Something that's simple and pretty yet can be wielded boldly.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 08:18:24 AM »

A few of my goals are: to be a better dad . . . to stop believing that the parental clock stops when I'm tired or don't feel like parenting but to always be aware and present for my son and daughter, and be their leader.  

To be a better listener to my kids - they are powerful and influential people and I have SO much to learn from the 8 and 6yr old in my life.

To not let the words and actions of others control my thoughts or behaviour - my value isn't in others, it's in me.  Respond and not react - bring the qualities I have in my time and my way - yet remain humble to learn some new tricks.  

The US I see fitting this work in progress is the Apprentice line - likely the Dark Apprentice LE (or to surprise myself - the std Apprentice), in Tri-AS with a silver ill black AV switch and a Dark Catalyst pommel for a tad bit more style and grip length.  

Something that's simple and pretty yet can be wielded boldly.

Hi Haz !  Thanks for sharing your insights.  I'm particularly at this time drawn to this paragraph ( the 3rd one ) about valuing myself and not have it be contingent upon the perceived actions and opinions of others.  At this time of year I would imagine that many of us on the Forum are reviewing their personal standards... and what is acceptable/desirable behaviors towards and from themselves... and then also as pertaining to those that may have some impactful meaning in one's life.  

Humility, grace and gratitude... even for those situations and persons that may effect a response within us... perhaps some kind of upsetting reaction... which is just a reflection of a part of ourselves that is wanting the opportunity to grow and release old wounds, bad habits and stumbling blocks.

And most of us know from first hand experience that children and pets are some of our wisest, innocent and most willing to share teachers and supporters.  Therefore the Apprentice line is perfect with the grounding ballast of the Catalyst pommel and the brightness and purity within the Tri-silver blade.  A symbol of both comfortable stability and boldness to embrace changes.  A saber you have built that melds together the best aspects of both the dark and light sides of the Force.  Cheesy      

Thanks for sharing and a gratitude point.  Cool

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 08:35:38 AM »

Huh, I don't normally do resolutions of any sort. I always found them sort of - gimmicky.

But if I were to say something I plan to attempt to do this coming year is to focus my collecting and be less spread out with what I'm after.
Also to not buy everything - I like things a bit too much. It's probably why I study things professionally.

As for a saber counterpart? The Shock, because I'll be shocked if I keep to that for a whole year ahaha
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 08:50:50 AM »

Huh, I don't normally do resolutions of any sort. I always found them sort of - gimmicky.

But if I were to say something I plan to attempt to do this coming year is to focus my collecting and be less spread out with what I'm after.
Also to not buy everything - I like things a bit too much. It's probably why I study things professionally.

As for a saber counterpart? The Shock, because I'll be shocked if I keep to that for a whole year ahaha
 Wink

Ha ha... how astute... a man that is consciously aware of his thoughts and opinions.  Wink

Shocking how weak willed we are when it comes to sabers and other items that grab our attention and tug at our heart or more accurately purse/wallet strings.  That's a whole lot of consecutive days to resist the temptation of you can look, find and touch... but not take home lol.  Good one... but I hope you slip up every now and then.  Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »

I'm really wanting to get out much more, and do a great many more things.

I plan on meeting more awesome people from here this year, and am going to be dragging RevanReborn to a con, on a train - in costume.

There's but one hilt that carries that much confidence and certainty with it.

The Chosen One:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »

Well since I'm here  Roll Eyes

My resolution will have to be on par with Haz.  I have a bad habit of not listening to my children and there are times when they know things that I don't (shocking I know) I need to spend more one on one time with my children and "Hear" to what they have to say.  Its not going to be easy because I deal with extremely immature people at work and when I get home I dont have the patience for my own immature ones.  I guess thats the point of making a resolution huh!  I intend to continue with my healthy habits and try to get my six pack before I hit 40 (big wish here  Tongue)

As far as my saber goes id have to go with a BH Renegade LE with Obsidian V4.  Something about that silver and black hilt with the sharp edges of the accents blazing in BH just screams to me to embrace the Renegade thats buried in my subconscious.    

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 03:50:21 PM »

Not to mention that many people don't tend to stay resolute about them after the fact.  Just saying.  Good luck everyone, I hope you can stick to these resolutions.

I don't do resolutions, but I still found this a fun and enlightening thread.  Also, I noticed that Vivectius and Lord Rapine were the only ones besides D7 to actually do the "represent it in a saber pic" thing.  Wink

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »

I'm really wanting to get out much more, and do a great many more things.

I plan on meeting more awesome people from here this year, and am going to be dragging RevanReborn to a con, on a train - in costume.

There's but one hilt that carries that much confidence and certainty with it.

The Chosen One:

Rapine... I am liking your choices for next year and you can absolutely make these adventures happen.  Smiley

The symbolic saber... The Chosen One is a perfect fit... and don't tell anyone... but I like it's simple and powerful looking saber construction more than the Graflex.  With a red blade of course.  Wink

Thanks for the share and gratitude point.  Cool

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

Thank you Dauntless. Smiley

HMMMM - You mentioned that you'd like to shed the "Mary Poppins" persona.  Perhaps a trip to Ontario, to chill with us Sithy types for in bit is in order? Wink

Vivectius mentioned a potential trip north of the border as well.  Canada certainly has no shortage of sights. (*COUGH - Niagara Falls*) Smiley

I'd be more than happy to meet any one of you, actually. Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »

Who knows  Roll Eyes I might plan a trip to Canada this coming year.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »

That'd be cool, FC. Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

Well since I'm here  Roll Eyes

My resolution will have to be on par with Haz.  I have a bad habit of not listening to my children and there are times when they know things that I don't (shocking I know) I need to spend more one on one time with my children and "Hear" to what they have to say.  Its not going to be easy because I deal with extremely immature people at work and when I get home I dont have the patience for my own immature ones.  I guess thats the point of making a resolution huh!  I intend to continue with my healthy habits and try to get my six pack before I hit 40 (big wish here  Tongue)

As far as my saber goes id have to go with a BH Renegade LE with Obsidian V4.  Something about that silver and black hilt with the sharp edges of the accents blazing in BH just screams to me to embrace the Renegade thats buried in my subconscious.    

Hey KDP.  Cheesy  You have eloquently said it all here about recognizing your priorities.  You seem to be very responsible for both making and carrying through with impactful decisions.  

If I slow down and take the time to pay attention to and open myself up to receiving... I learn a lot from my patients and hopefully am a better person for it.  And then vice versa.  The immature co-workers can be both frustrating and comic relief for dealing with the stressors that continually pop up.  Smiley

Perhaps deep within, everyone has a Renegade that is patiently waiting to be acknowledged.  That wants to remind us that at times it is both okay and imperative that we sometimes live by own rules and honor our individuality.  I think that it's so cool and attractive... that men on this Forum are embracing the Bane's Heart blade color.  Cheesy

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »

Hey KDP.  Cheesy  You have eloquently said it all here about recognizing your priorities.  You seem to be very responsible for both making and carrying through with impactful decisions.  

If I slow down and take the time to pay attention to and open myself up to receiving... I learn a lot from my patients and hopefully am a better person for it.  And then vice versa.  The immature co-workers can be both frustrating and comic relief for dealing with the stressors that continually pop up.  Smiley

Perhaps deep within, everyone has a Renegade that is patiently waiting to be acknowledged.  That wants to remind us that at times it is both okay and imperative that we sometimes live by own rules and honor our individuality.  I think that it's so cool and attractive... that men on this Forum are embracing the Bane's Heart blade color.  Cheesy

D7

I know you are trying to change your image and I appreciate that, but don't lose that special something that makes you who you are.  We all love you because you're the Heart and Soul of our extremely dysfunctional family and I would hate for you to change when there is nothing that I see needs to be changed. 

And just for the record, I never viewed you as Mary Poppins.  I see you more as Selene from Underworld.  Hottie who kicks @$$ and loves a man who turns feral! 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: