Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: New Years Resolutions & Saber  (Read 20511 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »

This year has been one of trials for me, somehow I manage to come out of them stronger than before. Lately I've found myself reflecting on both past and present relationships I've been in.

My current situation is going to be resolved in the coming new year. As a lot of you know LR has been someone I've been talking to over the last month about this and I'm greatful to call him a friend. You'll be getting a very late christmas card from me, it will be out on monday. Next Friday I'm having not one but two customized cups made for you and your gf, both will be 24oz.

I work at Tervis Tumblers in Venice, Fl and y'all should ask Marlena about the personalized 24oz I had made for her for execellent customer service.
You're kidding Faith Caine!

That's so nice of you. Grin  I'm a total coffee nut too, so that's awesome. Smiley

I'm really glad to read that you emerge from any set-backs or hardships stronger and better.  That's amazing.  I love that.

Here's to your ongoing happiness my man. Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 07:39:39 PM »

My resolutions this time around are to keep my work area and my house more organised. My brain works faster than I do, so I often find myself with crap everywhere after doing a job because instead of clean as I go, I try to keep up with my brain and I leave a wake of devastation and destruction.

Being a Mechanic... that can get real messy, real fast  Grin Shocked

So to start the year I am getting some new furniture for my house (not entirely, just in the messy areas) and organising my things so they are neat and tidy, and aim to keep them that way.

I am getting new toolboxes and storage for work, and will start off neat and tidy and keep it that way.

The saber that I feel best fits this resolution is one that never jumped out at me until quite recently. I'd glossed over it several times thinking it looked too much like some kind of... sex aid  Shocked Tongue

However the more I look at it, the more I realised it was sleek, clean, and no nonsense. That fits with my neat, tidy and always presentable goal. So my resolution saber will be: The Monarch.

Also +1 for this thread. Great idea for a topic Smiley

Hey Isola.  So nice to learn more about you.  Yea... I can totally relate with getting into the moment... my brain's creative power surges.  Living in a smaller one bedroom apartment makes the crap look even worse and I so appreciate nice storage boxes and even tool boxes.  A trip to a hardware store just to look at all the stuff and inventory gets my mind racing about possible things to build.  I generally like things neat and tidy... and the energy flow is so much more appealing.  Perhaps that's why I'm not into cooking... if it can't be done with 6 or less ingredients... then take out is perfect.  Smiley

New furniture sounds great and you deserve to have a symbolic fresh start.  That Monarch lol... we've had a lot of fun with that saber !  Grin  But I can see how you would appreciate the lines and flow of it.  Definitely a solid and regal saber for a competent Warrior.  The other clean version alternative is that the Monarch looks like part of the leg from a fancy pool table.  Wink

Thanks for sharing and a gratitude point.  Cool

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 07:54:11 PM »

This year has been one of trials for me, somehow I manage to come out of them stronger than before. Lately I've found myself reflecting on both past and present relationships I've been in.

My current situation is going to be resolved in the coming new year. As a lot of you know LR has been someone I've been talking to over the last month about this and I'm greatful to call him a friend. You'll be getting a very late christmas card from me, it will be out on monday. Next Friday I'm having not one but two customized cups made for you and your gf, both will be 24oz.

I work at Tervis Tumblers in Venice, Fl and y'all should ask Marlena about the personalized 24oz I had made for her for execellent customer service.

Hi again FC.  I received your PM and will get back to you on that.  Smiley  So pleased for you that you have been talking issues out with LR.  There are plenty of us here that will be supportive of whatever decisions you make... and you can take all the time that you need to figure out how you arrived at your present situation... and if there is anything there worth salvaging and even re-inventing.  Cheesy  And I am joining you with the relationship reflections pieces... but just until midnight then letting all those thoughts and emotions go... that are no longer serving a purpose for any future plans.  Cheesy

more points and big warm hugs for you  Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »

My New Years resolution is a reinvention of sorts. I have decided I will begin living MY life to it's fullest, whomever doesn't like it be damned. This includes a very big set of steps, that may seem drastic to some. A couple of you who have regular contact with me outside the forum already knows what this entails. I won't say anything here. because this is a hot button issue that likely would bring discussion into forbidden territory.

A fulcrum is the support about which a lever pivots. I'll be making pivotal changes, AND I've been craving an Ahsoka saber, so it's only right. It'll be an Emerald saber, but I'll be ordering(and mostly utilizing it) set on hot pink.

(You guys will find out eventually what is happening. Probably around Ep. VIII)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »

I'll echo that sentiment. 

Every day is a new challenge.  Mornings are especially fun and exciting. O_o

It is extremely important to set goals, and strive for them though.  Every day.  Whatever they may be.  Do something. Smiley

Indeed and very well said. If you haven't seen the movie "Passengers" yet, go see it - there is a hibernation wake up that happens that just typifies what it feels like to get up in the morning. Ha, ha. I like your point of "Do something", or as I sometimes try to remind myself, "Just do it."

Have a -1 point for your great advice here.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »

Thanks bunches D7, once midnight hits it's a brand new year and a fresh beginning. Right now I'm about to watch Rogue One, last movie of 2016.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »

My New Years resolution is a reinvention of sorts. I have decided I will begin living MY life to it's fullest, whomever doesn't like it be damned. This includes a very big set of steps, that may seem drastic to some. A couple of you who have regular contact with me outside the forum already knows what this entails. I won't say anything here. because this is a hot button issue that likely would bring discussion into forbidden territory.

A fulcrum is the support about which a lever pivots. I'll be making pivotal changes, AND I've been craving an Ahsoka saber, so it's only right. It'll be an Emerald saber, but I'll be ordering(and mostly utilizing it) set on hot pink.

TJ... you are one of the most sincere and kind persons that so many here on this Forum don't get to know all that well... and you are most deserving of all the best life can offer.  I am excited knowing that you have honoring yourself plans and the Fulcrum could not be a more perfect saber to symbolize your intentions and goals.

So this is for you my friend... with love and warmest hugs.  Cheesy  

Thanks for sharing and an appreciation point.  Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Hot Pink. That's what I will get with my next saber as well. I think it'll be beautiful.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2016, 11:03:34 PM »

TJ... you are one of the most sincere and kind persons that so many here on this Forum don't get to know all that well... and you are most deserving of all the best life can offer.  I am excited knowing that you have honoring yourself plans and the Fulcrum could not be a more perfect saber to symbolize your intentions and goals.

So this is for you my friend... with love and warmest hugs.  Cheesy  

Thanks for sharing and an appreciation point.  Cool

Aww thanks D7!!!! Happy New Year to you as well!

Hot Pink. That's what I will get with my next saber as well. I think it'll be beautiful.

It's a great color!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »

Happy New Years D7!
Lotsa love and hugs just for you from Germany

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2017, 12:11:12 AM »

Happy New Years D7!
Lotsa love and hugs just for you from Germany

Thanks loads KDP !!  Feeling the love all the way from Europe and doing my version of a happy dance... with Snoopy's help.  Wink  Time to get out your Scottish kilt lederhosen.  Wink

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2017, 01:21:07 AM »

I'm noticing a proliferation of Hot Pink saber blades.  Grin

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2017, 05:28:22 AM »

I'm noticing a proliferation of Hot Pink saber blades.  Grin

My daughters Apprentice V4 is in HP and it looks amazing - powerful I'd say.  I love wielding it around when she lets me Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

Hey Isola.  So nice to learn more about you.  Yea... I can totally relate with getting into the moment... my brain's creative power surges.  Living in a smaller one bedroom apartment makes the crap look even worse and I so appreciate nice storage boxes and even tool boxes.  A trip to a hardware store just to look at all the stuff and inventory gets my mind racing about possible things to build.  I generally like things neat and tidy... and the energy flow is so much more appealing.  Perhaps that's why I'm not into cooking... if it can't be done with 6 or less ingredients... then take out is perfect.  Smiley

New furniture sounds great and you deserve to have a symbolic fresh start.  That Monarch lol... we've had a lot of fun with that saber !  Grin  But I can see how you would appreciate the lines and flow of it.  Definitely a solid and regal saber for a competent Warrior.  The other clean version alternative is that the Monarch looks like part of the leg from a fancy pool table.  Wink

Thanks for sharing and a gratitude point.  Cool

See when you say "we've had a lot of fun with that saber" my mind goes to all the wrong places due to my first impressions of it  Shocked

Luckily I enjoy cooking, even though I use every pot and pan in the kitchen to make a simple meal  Grin and I say luckily because take out is just far too overpriced (much like everything else) in this country. So I'd either go broke or have to eat a lot of canned foods if I couldn't cook!

You put a thought into my head when you said "nice to learn more about you". I probably SHOULD do an intro thread one of these days so that people know who I am instead of just some guy with a couple of review vidoes. So thanks for the idea, I'll get on that one soon Smiley

Happy New Year everybody! I hope you have completed your saber purchase lists for 2017. I have 5 on mine  Wink

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »

Grin  Wink  Tongue  Kiss

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: