Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Years Resolutions & Saber  (Read 20368 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »

I'm noticing a proliferation of Hot Pink saber blades.  Grin
Admittedly, even I've been drawn to pinkish purplish blades.  I'm thinking VA though...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »

Grin  Wink  Tongue  Kiss

And Dauntless gets all the points for Calvin & Hobbes  Cheesy

My daughters Apprentice V4 is in HP and it looks amazing - powerful I'd say.  I love wielding it around when she lets me Cheesy

Yes, my Dark Liberator in Hot Pink is probably my second favorite saber, and actually the brightest of all of them as well.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »

And Dauntless gets all the points for Calvin & Hobbes  Cheesy

I'll giver one for Snoopy since you got to Calvin & Hobbes before me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:27 AM »

Gods Calvin and Hobbes was the best. Now I have to go pull out the books and read some. As for resolutions, just trying to have a better year. I'll start small and hope for it to become more.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »

I've been keeping everything nice and tidy at work since I went back this year (even clean the arms of my car lift on friday!  Shocked ) So I made a start on my at home portion of my resolution this weekend by cleaning up my bedroom so I could actually see my things and stop tripping over them.

This was the start of the overhaul area (the boxes were to pack stuff in, I don't live out of boxes :p )

Getting there

Old furniture out, new furniture in

Nearly done

And of course I made sure the important stuff was done first Cheesy

I also cleaned all the stuff off the top of my wardrobe and put some shelves up there so now all my electrical cables, chargers, plugs and what not are in a box together instead of strewn from one end of the room to the other.

While I'm not 100% done, I am damn close, and it already feels heaps better. I think I have a couple more hours work to do on it tomorrow, and then a trip back to Ikea in a week or so to get some doors for the bottom level of the TV cabinet so I can keep all the "lesser used" stuff neat and not have it all fall out on to the floor.

I know this is a bit of a boring post, but it felt good to make a start on my resolutions this week and I wanted to share in hopes that it helps others start theirs, or continue to work on theirs Smiley

Once I have got this finished I will order my resolution saber as my reward for getting straight into it both at work and at home Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

Isola, boring? No way, man. It sure looks like you're making real headway and inspires me to get going on mine 😄  Point for you!

I think a trip to Ikea is on my list, too. I need to add some storage to my "man cave" where I work and keep my Star Wars stuff. Right now it's all sitting on a table and is barely ok. Something modern and clean. There! The Arbiter in me has decided.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »

Isola, you keep apologizing for not giving us enough....
Knock it off man! lol you give us plenty to drool over, and projects take time. You are only going to make it worse if you rush it and do bits when you dont really have time to. You took a break to rearrange your living space... looks awesome man! could really do with some new furniture myself, but will be rearranging my office space today now ive lived with it for a few months and found all the flaws, etc.

Look forward to seeing more when you are ready to give us more. Smiley

Points as always!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2017, 04:01:32 AM »

Isola... your living space looks so neat... the energy flow is awesome.  I really like your modular furniture and the white color looks so crisp.  Oh that CE BB8... sweet display of all your bobbles !  Well done for being a man of your word. !!  Cheesy

Thanks for sharing and inspiring myself and others.  Smiley

well deserved appreciation point... and your new year seems off to a great start  Grin

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2017, 04:28:23 AM »

That looks great Isola!

I like your collection there, and nice TV. Tongue

Have your 80th FP

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

Light pts: I am a Jedi, like my father before me

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2017, 02:26:39 PM »

I'm going to do this backwards and make a resolution based on the saber I just ordered: A consular.

As Qui-Gon would recommend-
I'm going to focus more on the moment and stop worrying about the future.
I'm going to give more care to all living things.
I'm going to teach my padawans/students with more patience.
I will continue to fight for the things I believe to be right, even if those in power don't agree.

"Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn--

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »

Hi Jedi Ger-Dan.  I really like how you tapped into the Force offerings from your newest saber... the very fine Consular and the wisdom of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.  

Please keep us updated with your progress and achievements.

Thanks for your contribution and here's an appreciation point.  Cool

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »

Gods Calvin and Hobbes was the best. Now I have to go pull out the books and read some. As for resolutions, just trying to have a better year. I'll start small and hope for it to become more.

Hi Hansrad.  Apologizes for missing your post.  Hope your year is off to a good start.  Smiley

I started with a large conglomeration of plans, wants and wishes and am now going in the direction of separating each one.  Going smaller for more clarity/definition and sort of placing each one in Isola's brand new connected modular boxes. This act changes much of the bigger picture... as I attend to each of these individually and rearrange their importance.  Hopefully they will develop to become so much more or be released so that the opened ended box frame can house something more desirable and necessary and complimentary for my greater personal good.  Smiley

Half way through this month of January and have already been deep in the lessons from the School of Hard Knocks.  Biggest lesson so far is not to reign in my impatience/frustrations and then end up doing an explosive Kylo Ren... but to gently and with a vulnerable respectful honestly routinely share with those that need to know, what is going on with me and then how they can help me to alleviate the perceived issue if they want to.  And just as importantly... be more aware and perceptive of how my actions and words could impact the other person(s).  Smiley

Perhaps this is the year of Communication.  And the Forum is a treasure trove for experiencing this in many ways.  Wink

Thanks for sharing and have a point.  Always so nice to see a post from you.  Cheesy

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2017, 10:09:14 PM »

Thanks Dauntless. I know about holding in frustrations. There's a very dense little diamond in me somewhere where it all goes, but that's a project for later. Mostly I'm just working on a more positive self image and much much less self criticism. Trying to be more accepting of who I am. It's hard. After decades of negativty And being fairly ridiculously self critical its taking some work. My brother says I need to work on my positude, and that's the big goal for this year. That and working on social anxiety, which is kind of absurd for someone who's around people all day at work. Hopefully this is the year I work it all out, or at least start down a new road.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2017, 11:35:34 PM »

Good for you Hansrad I truely applaud your self awareness and goals. Freedom from our inner constraints is a huge deal.

I can say with absolute confidence - without breaking the forum rules - that you were meant to have and live opposite what you may consider hang ups.

I'm excited for you, all of these goals are achievable either one step at a time or in leaps and bounds. Freedom from these is for you and so is the opposite - the ability to excel. Looking fwd to any progress reports you'd feel comfortable to share Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: