Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Fulcrum Review Christmas Gift  (Read 4993 times)
reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »

Christmas Gift I got my girlfriend the Ultrasabers Fulcrum! Let me know what you think!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGModjKX88&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGModjKX88&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:15:21 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »

Sweet! Hey what was that sound she had at the first of her review? Where did you find it? Love it!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGModjKX88" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGModjKX88</a>

Love the sound fonts you added to the Fulcrum and good idea about adding the red color disc as a replacement for your Flash on Clash. The Violet Amethyst is really striking on the saber which is another good choice. Bummer that the batteries died on the saber during filming. I also added a 32" blade to go along with the Fulcrum. I think it rounds out the entire look of the saber.

The Fulcrum is a great saber to play around with and I look forward to trooping out with mine in the near future. My Fulcrum sits on my mantle at home as a great display piece and everyone that comes over wants to pick it up.

You will definitely love the Lost Grey when you get one. I just ordered a stunt saber of the Lost Grey to accompany my other Lost Grey. I really like the design of the Lost Grey and it is a very comfortable saber to handle.

Liking the BB-8 droid too. Very cool and great review. Point to you for the share.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 12:25:57 AM »

Christmas Gift I got my girlfriend the Ultrasabers Fulcrum! Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGModjKX88

Kaitlin (did I spell that right?) did a great job on the review! That "new bike" comparison perfectly describes how it feels every time I think for all of us when we receive a new order from Ultra Sabers. I liked that she not only talked about the Obsidian launcher software being easy to use but demonstrated her success with it by cycling through the sound fonts she had loaded, which, I might add, were pretty cool choices for that saber.  Wink I need to go check those out.  Roll Eyes

That was a great idea talking about the MHS compatible pommel. Very informative, and her enthusiasm and poise just set a really great example of how to do an effective review. Nicely done. Congratulations to you on a great gift given (loved that you made it a scavenger hunt - how fun!) and to her for getting an awesome Ultra Saber for Christmas!

Point incoming.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »

Definitly appreciated her perspective concerning how the Fulcrum handled compared to how tall she is and how the grip is compared to her hand size. Well done and really helpful . . . plus how pumped she is to own the Fulcrum is just awesome  Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Aries4
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:10:20 AM »

Hey guys I'm Caitlyn the girl in the video your comments are so nice thank you!!!! I had a lot of fun making this video! I'll do another one with my saber fully charged so you can hear all my sound fonts.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:19:17 AM »

Welcome to the forums Aries4!

Certainly looking fwd to more of your input and opinions on your sabres and the hobby itself Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:24:20 AM »

Dark Tron  is the first sound font, and I love it too!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 04:36:23 AM »

Hey guys I'm Caitlyn the girl in the video your comments are so nice thank you!!!! I had a lot of fun making this video! I'll do another one with my saber fully charged so you can hear all my sound fonts.
Hello, Caitlyn! I see you joined in October. Welcome back! Here's a point to you for the great video  Smiley  I have the Fulcrum and Lost Gray, and they really are a great set. I hope you get to order your Lost Gray soon, too.  Cheesy

You mentioned all the great features I love about the Fulcrum, especially that the size of the Fulcrum wasn't really an issue for ya. I've found that to be true as well - feels great to wield in reverse handed mode with that tapered choke point near the pommel.

Happy sabering and hope you share more insight and reviews here in the future. Welcome to the forum.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 04:37:03 AM »

Well Caitlyn, when I first saw this saber, I totally wanted it, but when I started to figure out how big and heavy the saber actually is, I decided that it wasn't very high on my wishlist anymore. Your review has just changed my opinion. I now want it more than ever. Great review, and thank you for making it.

Also, welcome to the forums.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »

Good review! Have fun with your new Fulcrum.  Smiley

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 12:11:43 AM »

Ok guys part 2, this time it's got a full charge! Tell what you think! Thanks

https://youtu.be/BGFaeE_o_-U

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 02:56:16 AM »

Ok guys part 2, this time it's got a full charge! Tell what you think! Thanks

https://youtu.be/BGFaeE_o_-U

Excellent video, Caitlyn. The lighting and sound are great, and your spinning is very impressive. Very fluid motion - you make it look so easy  Cheesy. That's still something I have yet to be able to do. A resolution for 2017 I suppose. I liked the demo on the sound fonts. Don't see that too often, and I think it's a powerful feature that is often overlooked in other reviews, so well done especially the point you made that you can enjoy music while spinning. It really shows off the capabilities of the Obsidian sound board, especially for those who watch this that may not know much about it.

You definitely get another point for that! Have a great New Years eve.  Smiley

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 03:43:11 AM »

Lord Bladewraith thank you for the comment i can do a complete brake down of the spin to help with your new years resolution. It looks super complicated but once it's simplified into steps it's very easy to learn. Reply if yes and I'll upload it tonight.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 05:45:14 AM »

Lord Bladewraith thank you for the comment i can do a complete brake down of the spin to help with your new years resolution. It looks super complicated but once it's simplified into steps it's very easy to learn. Reply if yes and I'll upload it tonight.
That's really nice of you. Thanks a bunch. Yes, I'll take you up on that kind offer. Roll Eyes Your contributions here have been really helpful.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: