Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie Here From Texas...And Already Addicted  (Read 5056 times)
Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« on: December 30, 2016, 04:07:08 AM »

Howdy from Texas! 

I couldn't decide what to get for my first saber, so I bought myself two!  They arrived the day after I ordered them!  (What fantastic service!) 

I have found it difficult to put them down!  I'm learning spinning from Darth Venturous on YouTube!  (He is an amazing teacher!)

My two new prized possessions are an Aeon LE v4 DVA 32in with Emerald and OPS and a Dominix LE v4 BR 32in with Emerald and OPS.  My free Initiate was a Dark V2 BR.   I use the Initiate more than anything else to get my spinning moves down. 

I've learned how to adjust my colors and added the "shimmer" effect to my Flash on Clash setting.  US had great videos to help every step of the way.  Emory rocks!

I'm already plotting my next 3 sabers (Graflex SE, Prophecy and Dark Liberator).   They are actually in my shopping cart right now, but awaiting another payday (or two)!

How did I ever live without these things?   I'm hooked!

Happy to be here! 

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:16:02 AM »

Howdy from Texas! 

I couldn't decide what to get for my first saber, so I bought myself two!  They arrived the day after I ordered them!  (What fantastic service!) 

I have found it difficult to put them down!  I'm learning spinning from Darth Venturous on YouTube!  (He is an amazing teacher!)

My two new prized possessions are an Aeon LE v4 DVA 32in with Emerald and OPS and a Dominix LE v4 BR 32in with Emerald and OPS.  My free Initiate was a Dark V2 BR.   I use the Initiate more than anything else to get my spinning moves down. 

I've learned how to adjust my colors and added the "shimmer" effect to my Flash on Clash setting.  US had great videos to help every step of the way.  Emory rocks!

I'm already plotting my next 3 sabers (Graflex SE, Prophecy and Dark Liberator).   They are actually in my shopping cart right now, but awaiting another payday (or two)!

How did I ever live without these things?   I'm hooked!

Happy to be here! 

Welcome to the addiction Liora Ray! You are so NOT alone!  Wink No such thing as lightsabers anonymous here. Ultra Sabers addicts and PROUD. I like your lineup. All fantastic. You've just taken your first step into a larger world.  Grin

Now we really like sharing of pictures/video reviews of the sabers in your collection, so if you have the time those would be cool to see.

Also, thanks for mentioning the spinning instruction by Darth Venturous on YouTube! I need some help in that area as well.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:27:57 AM »

Thanks, Lord Bladewraith!

As you wish..... 

I will post a review in the review section soon as well! 

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*

Wishlist...

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »

Excellent pics! Now that's what I'm talkin 'bout!  Wink Point to you for some really good pictures and nice choices for your blade colors, too. Thanks for sharing those. I so love the LE versions, and nice choice putting a Renegade pommel on your Dominix. Looks pretty sweet. Those two sabers along with the Sentinel are like brothers.

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »

Hello Liora Rey, and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »

Hey Liora Rey!

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Great looking sabers you've got there.   Like Lord Bladewraith said, excellent choice on the Renegade pommel.  Both of them actually.

Venturous is amazing. So is our resident expert, Darth Cephalus. Smiley

Looking forward to seeing your reviews.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction !! Glad to have you with us. Nice pics of your first sabers, they look great.  Smiley 
 Can't decide, get them both, I like your style.  Grin + 1 Light side point to you for that.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »

Welcome to the Forum,

Great set of sabers you got there and you already got bit by that bug too.  Don't worry about the bug thing though.  I believe I got 9 sabers in about a 6 month period when I first started.

If you have questions feel free to ask and we will point you in the right direction for answers, however please try to use the search function first (photo with magnifying glass icon) as another member may have already asked the same question and received an answer.

All of the members here are very helpful and have no issues helping each other out.

MTFBWY

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:05 PM »

Welcome to the Forum,

Great set of sabers you got there and you already got bit by that bug too.  Don't worry about the bug thing though.  I believe I got 9 sabers in about a 6 month period when I first started.

If you have questions feel free to ask and we will point you in the right direction for answers, however please try to use the search function first (photo with magnifying glass icon) as another member may have already asked the same question and received an answer.

All of the members here are very helpful and have no issues helping each other out.

MTFBWY

KDP
So, so true. I got my first 11 over a 3 month period. Once you have one, you want them all, and if you can't have them all, you try to come as close to it as you can as quickly as you can. It has been SO much FUN reading the forums, seeing what others have, looking at the Ultra Sabers store and deciding what saber with what options best fits me next. It's a blast, man, so enjoy the ride. There will come a time when you'll slow down a bit, like maybe instead of 2-3 sabers per month only 1 saber per month  Grin

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »

Hello there and welcome to the saber forum nut house. A great start to your collection, a pair of LE v4's. The Aeon LE v4 was my very first saber and I love it, great for spinning and handles really well. I suggest getting the Catalyst next, it's even lighter than the Aeon and is much faster when spinning it, also it is more of a precision hilt so when you spin then strike, it moves in on it's mark quickly and effortlessly.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 12:29:32 AM »

Welcome Faith! That is soo awesome! I wish I could have done the same and bought me two! But I went with the Dark Apprentice LE V4 Premium Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green). I am new myself but glad to have you here a part of this amazing lightsaber community! Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 12:43:52 AM »

So, so true. I got my first 11 over a 3 month period. Once you have one, you want them all, and if you can't have them all, you try to come as close to it as you can as quickly as you can. It has been SO much FUN reading the forums, seeing what others have, looking at the Ultra Sabers store and deciding what saber with what options best fits me next. It's a blast, man, so enjoy the ride. There will come a time when you'll slow down a bit, like maybe instead of 2-3 sabers per month only 1 saber per month  Grin

😁

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 09:10:02 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! 

Lord Bladewraith - I saw one of your other posts with pics of your collection.  You have a wonderful assortment of treasure there with lots of variety!  I hope to broaden my own set to that degree over time. I think only my pocketbook will slow me down. 

Lord Rapine - Thanks for the referral for Darth Cephalus.  i am enjoying learning new skills from our US family members.  I also have found the TPLA videos.   

MavRick - Thanks for the point!   Grin

KraytDragonPearl - I was happy to hear that 9 sabers in 6 months might just be the norm.  Smiley  Ah...I am starting to feel quite at home among you.   

Faith Caine - I appreciate the recommendation for the Catalyst.  A lighter hilt would certainly help as I'm learning.  I am enjoying learning spinning and would love to become proficient enough to join a performance troop (if such things exist in my area).  I collect swords and have always wanted to learn broadsword training, so I think eventually dueling with my US will be on the list as well!  Sounds like the Catalyst is versatile for both! 

Lord Ravage - Labintias, tsis ari. Dazek tu nuo tave warm zhelosa.   (Greetings, Sith Lord.  Thank you for the warm welcome.)    Galez tave irus daboti tu nuo tu\'iea kindness.  (May the light protect you for your kindness.)  And Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us vi duob!  (And may the Force be with you as well.)

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*

Wishlist...

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 AM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! 

Lord Bladewraith - I saw one of your other posts with pics of your collection.  You have a wonderful assortment of treasure there with lots of variety!  I hope to broaden my own set to that degree over time. I think only my pocketbook will slow me down. 
Thanks, Liora. Variety has sure been a strategy for me, because I wanted to maximize my investment while I had the chance. Never know when something might happen and prevent me from getting any more.  Smiley

btw I really like your Avatar. It's cool.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: