Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie Here From Texas...And Already Addicted  (Read 5032 times)
Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2017, 07:02:23 PM »

The shin is a total laugh riot. 

Heavy grade blade?

Yes!  I have been ordering the heavy grade blades so I can duel with them. 

I hit my calves a every now and then when i practice my Obi-Ani.  It always makes me laugh when I flash on clash with myself.  Smiley   Elbows are actually the worst though.  Ow! 

But, the head contact was caused by practicing forward strikes with rotation.  (Learning from YouTube Scholagladiatoria.)  Sad...he even reminds you in the video to keep the blade away from your face.  #padawanmistakes

Protective gear may be next on my wishlist.  LOL

Obi-Wan: Then why don't you listen to me?
Anakin: I am trying.

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 07:40:18 PM »

I have this crazy idea to do Star Wars battle re-enactments.  I was trying to learn Anakin's moves in Count Dooku's final battle.  I got a few of them down, but it takes a lot of video pausing, rewinding and squinting.  Smiley   It's a humbling experience to try to keep up!  But, I will get there one day. 
Me and one other guy tried to make a routine like out of movies, but never really kept practicing it after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Volcanotrout
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »

Hello and welcome! I too am a newbie and am still awaiting the arrival of my first saber.... for the folks who were having a hard time making routines off video just pull the video on to you PC/Mac and throw it in to slow mo. If you have an iPhone you can just record it right off the screen with your camera in slow mo mode. makes following along much easier. If you want to get fancy break the video down in to segments and put them on loops. I run through my segments 5 times and then move on to the next till you run through them all. then you can practice stringing them together plus knowing them very well in smaller chunks helps you recovery from timing mistakes or allows for taunting in between and improvisation.

Good Luck and welcome again!

v-trout

If you enjoy comic books check out my podcast - http://longbox.podbean.com/?source=pb
I also own a small IT company check that here - www.udcvm.com

Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2017, 01:16:27 AM »

Hello and welcome! I too am a newbie and am still awaiting the arrival of my first saber.... for the folks who were having a hard time making routines off video just pull the video on to you PC/Mac and throw it in to slow mo. If you have an iPhone you can just record it right off the screen with your camera in slow mo mode. makes following along much easier. If you want to get fancy break the video down in to segments and put them on loops. I run through my segments 5 times and then move on to the next till you run through them all. then you can practice stringing them together plus knowing them very well in smaller chunks helps you recovery from timing mistakes or allows for taunting in between and improvisation.

Good Luck and welcome again!

v-trout

That's awesome advice! I think slow motion will be much easier to follow!  I had not thought about using my iPhone.  Thanks for the idea.  Have a point! 

And welcome to the forum too!  Congratulations on your first saber purchase.  I am confident you will love it.  I've had mine for almost a month now and I still use them every day.

MTFBWY!

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up