Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Consular and The Consular!!!  (Read 2352 times)
Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: December 30, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Reader:

The name is Rho Shinn. I am new to the Saber Community (although a Star Wars fan since the 1970’s). I’ve actually purchased my first custom saber from another organization, you know, “The Other Guys”. Be that as it may, I have seen the light and am now a very happy Ultra Sabers fan.

I will not dwell on my first saber purchase; rather, I would like to discuss my first Ultra Sabers purchases. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I had been waiting for a couple of months and was still without a saber. I was watching online videos when I saw a presentation for “The Consular” by Ultra Sabers. After visiting the Ultrasabers.com I decided to price out the configuration that I wanted and it turned out to be very reasonable, but the icing on the cake was that there was a special going on right before Christmas I think it was either a 15% or 20% discount. So I just went ahead and placed the order.

This was my first experience with Ultra Sabers so I was not prepared for how fast the saber was produced and shipped. I ordered the saber on a Tuesday night and it was at my door the following Monday! I began to question if a quality saber could be made that fast. The short answer is “YES” and I say that with authority!

What stood out to me was the lack of sharp edges, the clean lines and the attention to detail. The craftsmanship was excellent. I am not a small man so I appreciate size. The weight was good and the saber has a nice balance. When I activated the saber the sound was very strong. The beam was bright enough to illuminate the whole room. I spent the week before Christmas becoming familiar with my new saber. It is perfect and it is exactly what I wanted. I am very happy with it. Normally I would wrap my review here but lets keep going.

As Christmas drew near I received an email saying that the discount that I took advantage of was still going. I figured it I had been very good this year and the man in the Red Suit would be okay if I treated myself to one more gift. So on Christmas Eve I ordered another Consular with a few extra parts. It was at my door a few days before the New Year. My second Consular is just as spectacular as the first. I know there are going to be those that ask why buy two of the same sabers. Well, here it is: Right now I am enjoying being the owner twin sabers; but what I am also enjoying is being able to convert my twin sabers into a Consular Saber Staff. I will confess that I am a bit clumsy with a saber staff but I am still new to it. I will keep practicing.  As for now I give the “The Consular” by Ultra Sabers two big thumbs up!

I know that I said I would not go there with the other guys but let me say this: My order was placed in early October in late November upon delivery the saber didn’t work properly so I had to send it back for repairs. I am still waiting for repairs to be completed. Please take special note that I am not being negative I am just stating fact. I look forward to celebrating the New Year this weekend. Happy New Year!

Take Care,

Rho Shinn

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »

I'm glad your happy, and not one bit supprised. They do say fastest turnaround time in the galaxy. I also can't tell you how many reviews I have seen where the customer is impressed by the quality of there new saber. You can't go wrong with US. I Would love to see some picks when you're ready of your new setup. Congratulations on getting great sabers. -JS

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »

Another thing with US, that with their customer service, is top of its game. You can message them and with in the same or next day just depending on the question they are very quick with the replying.

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »

Good review. Glad you love your Ultra Sabers!!  Grin They make the best sabers in the galaxy!!  The Consular is on my wish list.
 That is typical of the other guys. That is better than the experience that a friend of mine had.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »

Hello Rho Shinn here. I just wanted to give you and up date. My Saber from the other guys arrived on January 19, 2017. Now that it has sound I have discovered that I would like to upgrade it because it is not as loud as the ones from Ultra Sabers.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 09:51:46 PM »

Better yet. Just buy another ULTRA SABER !!!!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 12:49:09 AM »

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Reader:

The name is Rho Shinn. I am new to the Saber Community (although a Star Wars fan since the 1970’s). I’ve actually purchased my first custom saber from another organization, you know, “The Other Guys”. Be that as it may, I have seen the light and am now a very happy Ultra Sabers fan.

I will not dwell on my first saber purchase; rather, I would like to discuss my first Ultra Sabers purchases. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I had been waiting for a couple of months and was still without a saber. I was watching online videos when I saw a presentation for “The Consular” by Ultra Sabers. After visiting the Ultrasabers.com I decided to price out the configuration that I wanted and it turned out to be very reasonable, but the icing on the cake was that there was a special going on right before Christmas I think it was either a 15% or 20% discount. So I just went ahead and placed the order.

This was my first experience with Ultra Sabers so I was not prepared for how fast the saber was produced and shipped. I ordered the saber on a Tuesday night and it was at my door the following Monday! I began to question if a quality saber could be made that fast. The short answer is “YES” and I say that with authority!

What stood out to me was the lack of sharp edges, the clean lines and the attention to detail. The craftsmanship was excellent. I am not a small man so I appreciate size. The weight was good and the saber has a nice balance. When I activated the saber the sound was very strong. The beam was bright enough to illuminate the whole room. I spent the week before Christmas becoming familiar with my new saber. It is perfect and it is exactly what I wanted. I am very happy with it. Normally I would wrap my review here but lets keep going.

As Christmas drew near I received an email saying that the discount that I took advantage of was still going. I figured it I had been very good this year and the man in the Red Suit would be okay if I treated myself to one more gift. So on Christmas Eve I ordered another Consular with a few extra parts. It was at my door a few days before the New Year. My second Consular is just as spectacular as the first. I know there are going to be those that ask why buy two of the same sabers. Well, here it is: Right now I am enjoying being the owner twin sabers; but what I am also enjoying is being able to convert my twin sabers into a Consular Saber Staff. I will confess that I am a bit clumsy with a saber staff but I am still new to it. I will keep practicing.  As for now I give the “The Consular” by Ultra Sabers two big thumbs up!

I know that I said I would not go there with the other guys but let me say this: My order was placed in early October in late November upon delivery the saber didn’t work properly so I had to send it back for repairs. I am still waiting for repairs to be completed. Please take special note that I am not being negative I am just stating fact. I look forward to celebrating the New Year this weekend. Happy New Year!

Take Care,

Rho Shinn

those are the words of a very happy customer.
it also sounds like you weren't quite happy with the purchase from the other guys.
trust me the exciting feeling of unboxing and messing around with an ultrasaber never goes away.
anyways, welcome to the ultrasabers family and welcome to the forum
hope you will purchase more in the future. happy sabering

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 05:31:15 AM »

Very cool review. I have never seen a Consular staff, but I can only imagine how awesome it is. I'm glad you are enjoying the sabers. Which colors did you get them in?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »

I took sage advice of MavRick "The Wise"  and just picked up another Ultra Saber. It was a lot less stressful. But I decided that I could use a long term project. I am going to gut that saber from the Other Guys get a few new parts made for it and learn how to do wiring and installs. The purchase of the saber was a "learning experience" for me as I learned the saber market. I do not see why I cannot continue to learn from it as I learn how to build sabers of my own. If I would have known any better I just would have started with an Ultra Saber. Live and Learn!!!

FYI: I thought I might post a pics of my Consular Saber Staff but it will be a little while as I deal with this thing called life! I will get those pics post as soon as I have some time.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 09:29:11 PM »

Congrats on ordering you next Ultra Saber. Glad I could help with the advice.  Grin  Now, if you don't mind me asking, what saber and options did you get? We all like to get the details.  Smiley

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Rho Shinn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 02:04:36 AM »

@MavRick Yeah I know how you guys are and I would not leave you hanging. I just got the new saber on Tuesday. I lay out all the dirt in my other review. Look for the title "Valentines Day with Archon"! I give the full story.

MavRick
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 09:08:37 PM »

Cool, thanks for not leaving us hanging. I will check it out.  Smiley

Sabers I own:                                           
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: