Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: A review about the Arbiter  (Read 10306 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »

Didn't I tell you that you wouldn't regret the purchase of this saber.   Wink Tongue

And look at that its my 1977 post.  Same as Star Wars and my birth.  

That's so right, you did! Not only do I not regret it, it has risen to the top of my favorite sabers, probably #3 right after my Guardian and Electrum Wind and tied with the Graflex.

1977 posts <-> Star Wars ... that's cool! You're now at 1978 and in "let's make another Star Wars movie" territory, where the first draft was finished in the first quarter of 1978. Excellent milestone to reach, KDP! Have a congratulatory POINT  Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 08:39:54 PM »

A very well thought out and informative review of a saber that I have my eye on. Swapping the standard pommel for the black EW was genius,  it gives it a far better stream lined look. +1 for the review and again in the morning when I get up.

Thanks for the points, FC!

Great review LB. I like all the black accents, and that pommel looks like an extension of the lines of the lower grip, great swap. Thanks for sharing this review and the vídeo, since I'm very interested in this hilt. +1...

By the way, could you please post a pic of your Arbiter with Tri Arctic Blue, and with the main pommel. Thanks a lot.

Thank you, LJ! Yeah, I've heard many comment they have become interested in this hilt. It's a hilt with some subtle strengths that you really discover when you finally own one, so I'm glad what I put together has helped some get more acquainted with it.

You asked and you shall receive...  Wink  here are the pics with TRI AB and the standard pommel:

And here it is with the short Bellicose pommel:

And here it is with the Electrum Wind black pommel:

The contrast with the black makes it look amazing. I agree a black covertec wheel will add and not diminish your idea and look you have going. Out with the old, is always good but remember it is our past the got us to were we are, yet does not define our future or our path. Your sabers seem to each hold more than ownership value too you, but each are a part of who you are. It is even better than its beginning because it now has it's masters touch. Any artist becomes apart of his brush with each stroke. And every carpenter becomes a part of the hammer with each strike. And the art left for other to enjoy, means the artist becomes apart of there lives. You have become one with your saber, great review enjoyed you sharing with us. Thank you!

Wow, thank you, reconmarine. This is really, dare I use the word, profound, and your perspective is incredible. You're so right about the past, and there are many things from my past that are like roots for what has been my present and will be my future. I couldn't imagine not knowing my past. I've really enjoyed watching your videos. You two seem like the nicest, most fun people. I love your passion for Star Wars, light sabers, loyalty to Ultra Sabers and your support to each other. You're both a great example to us all for 2017. Keep those videos coming and the best wishes to you in the New Year.

Hey that looks great LB!

Great review, and congrats on getting your "resolution" saber. Smiley

I really like the look of the bezel switcheroo there, and, you are correct sir, that pommel looks fantastic on there.  Perfect contrast on a hilt that, IMO, was to monochromatic.  

I like TR's suggestion of the black covertec too actually. Smiley

Good job man.

+1

"Monochromatic" is an excellent word, and I think you're spot on right. It's come together so well far better than I anticipated. Thanks a bunch for your feedback and the point.

You did a really good job on that review. The main reason I would have never purchased that saber was the pommel it comes with just doesn't look right to me, boy you solved that. That EW pommel looks fantastic. I typically don't like when people swap out pommels, but on that one in addition to the black bezel, you nailed it.

Thank you, Jediseth. One of the best things that I love about buying an Ultra Saber, something which I prefer in computers as well, and that is modularity. Ultra Sabers use of MHS and MLS compatibility and swappability in all their parts sure amplifies the value of everything we buy.

So thank you everyone so sincerely for your feedback, your advice, your perspective and the points! So happy what I put together was helpful in some way. I took the advice to swap out the covertec wheel to a black one, and I tried the short Bellicose pommel on it as well, and I think it works fairly well too:

With a silver covertec wheel:

With a black covertec wheel:

Opinions?  Cool

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 09:50:16 PM »

Wonderful review and some very nice pics too. Point!

The EW pommel ... so sleek. And the blue switch? Shmexy!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

The Bellicose pommel looks good as well. I definitely like the black covertec wheel on there with all those other black accents.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »

Another excellent review and point for you.  What a collection of sabers you are getting... but this Arbiter will always have a place near and dear to your heart.  Grin  Cool

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 12:18:56 AM »

Another excellent review and point for you.  What a collection of sabers you are getting... but this Arbiter will always have a place near and dear to your heart.  Grin  Cool

Roll Eyes

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 01:26:18 AM »

Thanks for the pics. Happy New Year.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 01:47:20 AM »

Thanks for the pics. Happy New Year.
Same to you, brother.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 04:41:01 AM »

Very nice LB. Soo jealous of that Tri Orange... may just go that way for my planned off-hand saber.... but wouldnt want it overshadowing Project Revanants standard Fire Orange... hrmm...
Youve definitely pushed me over the edge on the Arbiter... which I very nearly ended up with a while back. now have a solid 3 on my wishlist.

Interesting idea with the EW pommel... looks good, and with any of the black accented pommels, I agree the black covertec looks best. hrmmm... wonder if the Archon V2 emitter would work too... a little black top and bottom, but not enough to detract from the rest...

A great choice there buddy. Slice your way through 2017 in style! Happy new year!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 05:27:28 AM »

Very nice LB. Soo jealous of that Tri Orange... may just go that way for my planned off-hand saber.... but wouldnt want it overshadowing Project Revanants standard Fire Orange... hrmm...
Youve definitely pushed me over the edge on the Arbiter... which I very nearly ended up with a while back. now have a solid 3 on my wishlist.

Interesting idea with the EW pommel... looks good, and with any of the black accented pommels, I agree the black covertec looks best. hrmmm... wonder if the Archon V2 emitter would work too... a little black top and bottom, but not enough to detract from the rest...

A great choice there buddy. Slice your way through 2017 in style! Happy new year!
Thanks, man. That TRI FO is more glorious than I'd hoped for. It's like the sun in my hands! Intriguing idea on that Archon emitter, though I think still prefer the pure silver at the top right above that grenade grip.

Good luck on YOUR wish list in 2017! Hope it becomes a reality, bro.   Grin

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 04:36:04 PM »

Agreed.

I really like the Arbiter emitter.  The Overlord one too.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »

That Overlord emitter with windows would be a nice swap. Great idea.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 11:15:56 PM »

A better name than 'Night Sky' might be 'Solar Flare'. Just seems to fit better. Again, just a suggestion.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 02:34:28 AM »

A better name than 'Night Sky' might be 'Solar Flare'. Just seems to fit better. Again, just a suggestion.
Thanks, Taegin. That's a cool idea. I like the concept of a name related to the sun. What about "scepter of Ra" where "Ra" is the Egyptian Sun god?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:40 AM »

Thanks, Taegin. That's a cool idea. I like the concept of a name related to the sun. What about "scepter of Ra" where "Ra" is the Egyptian Sun god?

That's pretty awesome too.

I just had a thought. I really want a Trident saber.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: