Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: A review about the Arbiter  (Read 10308 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: December 31, 2016, 03:50:19 AM »

Just received my Arbiter today, and I absolutely adore this thing. I have it with TRI Fire Orange with quick disconnects, Obsidian V4 sound, blue illuminated silver AV switch and black Electrum Wind pommel.

My favorite aspects about this saber:

• Grenade grip on the upper part of the hilt. Adds extra surety and tactility to the handling and spinning of this saber. This is THE killer feature on this saber and the biggest draw for me
  • Light weight yet the length of it allows for a two handed grip and is still easy to wield or spin
  • Quick Disconnects! I couldn't afford Emerald on this one, and these make everything AOK. I already have TRI AB, TRI CG, GB, BH, SRD and TRI AS Quick Disconnect MLS units from other sabers, so this $15 upgrade was a worthy replacement for the Emerald Driver

I really don't have anything negative to say about this saber other than I didn't like the Archon pommel on it, and that was quickly remedied by replacing it with the black Electrum Wind pommel.

Pictures and video below...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAshWg2gmW4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAshWg2gmW4</a>

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 04:36:29 AM »

Great review. How do you like the FO? I usually don't like the illuminating av switches, but the blue actually goes really well with the orange.

I really like the black accents. I think you should go with the black covertec wheel.

Very well done. Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:40:31 AM »

Great review. How do you like the FO? I usually don't like the illuminating av switches, but the blue actually goes really well with the orange.

I really like the black accents. I think you should go with the black covertec wheel.

Very well done. Point to you
Hey TR, your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you! I like your suggestion for the black Covertec wheel. It would seem to complete the look better.

The TRI FO really looks pretty "gnarly" with the silver of the Arbiter hilt, and I'm really pleased with how it looks with the blue illuminated AV switch with that color as well as how it'd probably look really good with my Guardian Blue, TRI Arctic Blue and Sunrider's Destiny

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:59:53 AM »

Hey TR, your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you! I like your suggestion for the black Covertec wheel. It would seem to complete the look better.

The TRI FO really looks pretty "gnarly" with the silver of the Arbiter hilt, and I'm really pleased with how it looks with the blue illuminated AV switch with that color as well as how it'd probably look really good with my Guardian Blue, TRI Arctic Blue and Sunrider's Destiny

To me, the Arbiter with the FO looks like you somehow harnessed the sun, and used that to fuel your blade. Also, you may have changed my mind about the Arbiter, I previously did not like it much, but the EW pommel really changed that for me. I think that is what I'll do if I ever end up getting one.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 07:12:04 AM »

To me, the Arbiter with the FO looks like you somehow harnessed the sun, and used that to fuel your blade. Also, you may have changed my mind about the Arbiter, I previously did not like it much, but the EW pommel really changed that for me. I think that is what I'll do if I ever end up getting one.
Harnessed the SUN! Yaaas! Cool idea, TR. What a cool thing it is to hear that one's review changed another's perspective on it. This IS the saber you are looking for. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:36:02 AM »

Harnessed the SUN! Yaaas! Cool idea, TR. What a cool thing it is to hear that one's review changed another's perspective on it. This IS the saber you are looking for. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Cool

And the blue AV switch is almost like the the darkening sky, or maybe even space itself. But then the silver hilt is so pristine and shiny, it's almost like a star.

Just an idea, you can take it or leave it, and either way, I wont be offended, but I think you should name it 'Night Sky', or something along those lines. Again, just and idea.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »

The Arbiter is a very clean and elegant Lightsaber design. I like that you added a Black Bezel to go with your Blue Illuminated Silver AV switch and the TRI Fire Orange is very striking on the saber.

The Electrum Wind Pommel with the black is an excellent swap out for your pommel and showing a comparison between the two is another great idea. I would keep the Covertec Wheel the same silver color as the rest of the saber.

Your right about first appearances with sabers that may not be to your expectations when picking out a saber to buy. Being able to swap out parts on a saber or add in a little something extra onto your saber is really the only way to meet your own expectations.

Lastly a great honest review and I like your explanation for what changes you would like in your life as 2017 approaches. Point to you.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 08:05:52 AM »

Looks good LB,

I love the Tri-C FO, I have that color on my Archon and its pretty nice.  I need to work on switching out my LED's to all QD's so I can manipulate the MHS features of the Arbiter.  I have to give you a point for that setup. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Faith Caine
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 102

Light side points, please.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 08:34:25 AM »

A very  well thought out and informative review of a saber that I have my eye on. Swapping the standard pommel for the black EW was genius,  it gives it a far better stream lined look. +1 for the review and again in the morning when I get up.

"This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. " Obi-Wan Kenobi

Armory:
Aeon LE v4 in Guardian Blue Upgraded to Obsidian LITE Sound W/ FoC in Silver
Catalyst in DVA
Arbiter in GB Obs v4
Apprentice LE v4 in FO
Dark Liberator v3 in Tri-FO

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 09:53:02 AM »

Great review LB. I like all the black accents, and that pommel looks like an extension of the lines of the lower grip, great swap. Thanks for sharing this review and the vídeo, since Im very interested in this hilt. +1...

By the way, could you please post a pic of your Arbiter with Tri Arctic Blue, and with the main pommel. Thanks a lot.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

reconmarine
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

The contrast with the black makes it look amazing. I agree a black covertec wheel will add and not deminish your idea and look you have going. Out with the old, is always good but remember it is our past the got us to were we are, yet does not define our future or our path. Your sabers seem to each hold more than ownership value too you, but each are a part of who you are. It is even better than its beginning because it now has it's masters touch. Any artist  becomes apart of his brush with each stroke. And every carpenter becomes a part of the hammer with each strike. And the art left for other to enjoy, means the artist becomes apart of there lives. You have become one with your saber, great review enjoyed you sharing with us. Thank you!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »

Hey that looks great LB!

Great review, and congrats on getting your "resolution" saber. Smiley

I really like the look of the bezel switcheroo there, and, you are correct sir, that pommel looks fantastic on there.  Perfect contrast on a hilt that, IMO, was to monochromatic. 

I like TR's suggestion of the black covertech too actually. Smiley

Good job man.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »

You did a really good job on that review. The main reason I would have never purchased that saber was the pommel it comes with just doesn't look right to me, boy you solved that. That EW pommel looks fantastic. I typically don't like when people swap out pommels, but on that one in addition to the black bezel,you nailed it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »

And the blue AV switch is almost like the the darkening sky, or maybe even space itself. But then the silver hilt is so pristine and shiny, it's almost like a star.

Just an idea, you can take it or leave it, and either way, I wont be offended, but I think you should name it 'Night Sky', or something along those lines. Again, just and idea.
Ah ha... I hadn't considered that aspect and what a cool observation. I haven't named any of my sabers... yet... but your suggestion for this one is pretty cool. I'll think about it some more before deciding. Have a point 😁

The Arbiter is a very clean and elegant Lightsaber design. I like that you added a Black Bezel to go with your Blue Illuminated Silver AV switch and the TRI Fire Orange is very striking on the saber.

The Electrum Wind Pommel with the black is an excellent swap out for your pommel and showing a comparison between the two is another great idea. I would keep the Covertec Wheel the same silver color as the rest of the saber.

Your right about first appearances with sabers that may not be to your expectations when picking out a saber to buy. Being able to swap out parts on a saber or add in a little something extra onto your saber is really the only way to meet your own expectations.

Lastly a great honest review and I like your explanation for what changes you would like in your life as 2017 approaches. Point to you.
Thanks a bunch for your thoughts and feedback. I value your opinion greatly and would like to give a point back to you as well.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 06:14:15 PM »

Didn't I tell you that you wouldn't regret the purchase of this saber.   Wink Tongue

And look at that its my 1977 post.  Same as Star Wars and my birth. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: