Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: A review about the Arbiter  (Read 10310 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »

That's pretty awesome too.

I just had a thought. I really want a Trident saber.
Something like this, but of course, the Ultra Sabers way resulting in a far superior outcome?

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 08:47:22 AM »

Something like this, but of course, the Ultra Sabers way resulting in a far superior outcome?

Yeah, but with a really long hilt. Just a saber with short blades, but a long hilt. I be we could build our own. Maybe not exactly like I want it, but close.

2 or 3 Yari pike extensions, Flamberge or Renegade, and 2 Mantises should do it. Oh, and maybe a couple of couplers.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 12:31:15 PM »

Just found this thread, don't know how I missed it!

GREAT review! This is one of those sabers I've been tossing up on because I keep seeing it on the deal of the day page (btw is it just me or is that just same sabers on rotation?) and it gets more tempting every time.

To give you some feedback on the black accents. Personally I feel a black covertech wheel would be too much. However, a black SCREW on the covertech wheel would be just that little bit more, and probably look much more elegant.

Also, this picture from your post:

See how it looks like you have black rings around each step on the emitter? I'd be painting them black if it were me to make that a reality and not just a lighting trick.

Those, coupled with the black screw inside the covertech, would be all the extra black I'd want to add to that beauty.

A point to you for edging this back up on my wish list and giving me some good ideas for a custom touch when I get it (don't worry, mine won't be black Wink ) and for a brilliant review!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »

Just found this thread, don't know how I missed it!

GREAT review! This is one of those sabers I've been tossing up on because I keep seeing it on the deal of the day page (btw is it just me or is that just same sabers on rotation?) and it gets more tempting every time.

To give you some feedback on the black accents. Personally I feel a black covertech wheel would be too much. However, a black SCREW on the covertech wheel would be just that little bit more, and probably look much more elegant.

Also, this picture from your post:

See how it looks like you have black rings around each step on the emitter? I'd be painting them black if it were me to make that a reality and not just a lighting trick.

Those, coupled with the black screw inside the covertech, would be all the extra black I'd want to add to that beauty.

A point to you for edging this back up on my wish list and giving me some good ideas for a custom touch when I get it (don't worry, mine won't be black Wink ) and for a brilliant review!
Hey there, Isola. Deal of the Day combined with the Christmas 15% discount combined with a lot of positive buzz on the forums about this saber combined with the desire to get a new saber for New Years ago went into the decision for buying this particular saber that wasn't even on my wish list. I've noticed that they do indeed rotate a lot of the same sabers regularly for the DoD, and I love that because if I couldn't buy on one rotation, I get a second chance! That happened with my son's Christmas saber, the Archon 2.1, and it was perfect timing. Cheesy

Thanks for the kind feedback, the point and the tips!  Roll Eyes Great ideas. Those are some cool customization possibilities. I especially like the idea for the black rings on the emitter, which would be like a reflection of the black ring on the underside of the Electrum Wind pommel. My first paint job ever on a saber may be in 2017. Point back to you 😊

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »

Yeah, but with a really long hilt. Just a saber with short blades, but a long hilt. I be we could build our own. Maybe not exactly like I want it, but close.

2 or 3 Yari pike extensions, Flamberge or Renegade, and 2 Mantises should do it. Oh, and maybe a couple of couplers.
Oh right I see that, but man that thing would be heavy.  Shocked  We could really use a couple of those elusive curved reapers that we've seen pictures of that have only appeared at some conventions. Those would be a lot sleeker and they have those cool inlays.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »

Oh right I see that, but man that thing would be heavy.  Shocked  We could really use a couple of those elusive curved reapers that we've seen pictures of that have only appeared at some conventions. Those would be a lot sleeker and they have those cool inlays.

Yeah it would be very heavy, but then again, Tridents are extremely heavy, so it might not be so bad.

I agree with you on the curved reapers, but since they are so hard to obtain, I chose to go with the Mantises. Either way, it would look awesome.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:25 PM »

Yeah it would be very heavy, but then again, Tridents are extremely heavy, so it might not be so bad.

I agree with you on the curved reapers, but since they are so hard to obtain, I chose to go with the Mantises. Either way, it would look awesome.
I think the azure versions of the Mantis combined with black renegade LEs would look quite good.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 02:15:56 AM »

I think the azure versions of the Mantis combined with black renegade LEs would look quite good.

Somebody should really do this and see how it turns out.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: