Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Lady Mineva’s Crazy Arts and Crafts Corner.  (Read 7628 times)
Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« on: January 02, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »

Instead of making several different threads for all of my projects, I’m going to post them all here (pictures posted during “bonus” hours, so prepare for weird posting times). I’ll start with my saber which has been done for about a year and then move on to the TIE pilot helmet I am currently working on. After that I’m thinking about a B1 battle droid.

It’s currently winter where I am at so, some of my projects might start in the middle of others as I don’t have a heated area to use temperature sensitive chemicals.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »

First project: Chasm, my saber.

Knowing that it would be a long time before I could get another saber, I decided to put as many bells and whistles into this one that I could. I also decided to make it as gold as possible. Please, pardon my pictures. I took these with my phone and it is just barely above a potato.

US Stock:

This is a V4 Initiate LE with a silver non-illuminated AV switch (when they were still $25, grrr!) with a windowed emitter and an Overlord pommel. It has a V3 soundcard and a SY blade with AS FoC.

Modifications:

The blade plug is the standard plug with the center popped out and replaced with the top of a keychain pill bottle. It got a little messed up when it was put together but it still looks OK from some angles.

The set screw is from a hardware store.

The shroud is a tailpiece for a sink with the chrome plating dremeled off. I couldn’t find an un-plated tailpiece so I bought a plated one and cut it to shape. It expanded when it was cut but the dremeling warped it back in on its own, in fact I had to hold it apart to slip it on the emitter. (Shroud now has a thumb sized dent in it courtesy of my friends. It doesn’t look that bad though.)

I was going to put one of those gold cog/gear jewelry pieces that D7 has on some of her saber switches on mine, but I couldn’t find them anywhere.

Once I stuck a hot pink plastic gem that I got out of a vending machine at a Chinese restaurant to see what would happen. It came out sort of grapefruity in color.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

Looks nice Wink

Point and thanks for sharing your project!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »

Hi.  Here's the cog wheel that Mineva is referring to.  If you PM me with your mailing address I could go to that craft store and then send you an assorted box.  If they are out... I'm sure that I have plenty of extras that need to be used.  Smiley

Nice customization shroud with very clean lines... and have a point.  Cheesy

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »

Sweet mod - it all looks right at home. Points Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:36 PM »

Thanks guys!

Hi.  Here's the cog wheel that Mineva is referring to.  If you PM me with your mailing address I could go to that craft store and then send you an assorted box.  If they are out... I'm sure that I have plenty of extras that need to be used.  Smiley

Nice customization shroud with very clean lines... and have a point.  Cheesy

The lines are the best on that side, but I'm really proud of how nicely I got the corners at the bottom rounded off.  As for the cog, I went to two Micheal's a Hobby Lobby and looked online and didn't find it. I'm OK without it for now, but if I change my mind I'll keep your offer in mind!

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »

Second project: Pep TIE helmet.

So, there’s a bit of a delay in the photos because I slept through the “bonus” hours that I do all my up/downloading in (DON’T GET DISHNET. DON’T!). I can however, talk a bit about it. I was goofing off one day and found a pepakura TIE helmet file. It’s basically just been sitting there since I downloaded it, but since all of my job applications keep getting rejected, I decided that I was at least going to be shot down in style.

There have been several delays in making this thing. At first I was making good time, but the glue that I was using wasn’t sticking very well so after a couple times re-gluing bits I poked around the house and found my Dad’s wood glue. The wood glue takes a longer time to dry and has since slowed down my progress a bit. Another problem is guests, this time of year all big projects involve the kitchen table (leatherwork, baking, sewing, etc.) and when we have guests everything has to be put away. The biggest problem however, is the file. The file is dumb! The main helmet part has been coming together rather easily and is fairly nice looking. The faceplate on the other hand… I’ll explain more when I get the pictures up, but I think I’m going to have to print out two left sides and fold one backwards since I don’t have the ability to edit pep files.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:25:23 AM »

Look who finally stayed awake long enough to post these!

Inner helmet

Outer helmet

Mohawk

Helmet

Faceplate

This part is dumb.

On the right side the file tells you to cut a slit in the face and glue the cheek piece on there.

On the left side you just glue it to the bottom of the other piece. I might redo this with two left sides.

Small parts

Mock-up

I already started on part my next project. It seems to be going faster than this one.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »

Time for some rest!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »

I like what you did with the saber, great job.  The helmet looks good too.  Is that last thing the snout from a Kubaz?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kubaz

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »

Is that last thing the snout from a Kubaz?

That my friend is all the parts for a B1 battle droid head. It's not fully assembled yet because after I resin it I'm going to fill it with expanding foam for extra structural integrity. I'm still working on the neck parts.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:35 PM »

So…the guests are gone, I’ve stocked up on glue, and it’s supposed to crappy this weekend. Maybe I can finish putting this pain in the butt together. No guarantees on pictures for a bit though.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »

I got a grand total of nothing done this weekend. My brother came to visit so I had to be social and not make a mess. My family can finally get enough people in the same spot for Christmas this weekend so I won't get to do anything then either. Been pretty busy getting the house ready this week, but I did finish cutting out all the parts last night because I have to vacuum the floor today anyway. I don't know about anyone else, but I get paper EVERYWHERE when working on pep projects.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 03:51:13 AM »

The three pieces that make up the helmet part are done! FINALLY! Now, all I have to do is finish up the faceplate. I'll post pictures later, when my computer gets back from the shop. I finally found someone to fix the hinge without trying to squish it back into place.

Just a few more pieces and we'll be able to see if this thing fits. If it does I'll redo the faceplate with the two left sides like I discussed. If not, I'll order that cheap Stormtrooper costume helmet and scale it to fit that. I'll probably end up buying one anyway.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »

I just took a lot of pictures. My computer is still in the shop, but I printed some stuff off for my third project and I finished putting together what I could yesterday. I still have to finish the construction part of my second project, but with as bored as I currently am, I might get that done today. I also remembered that I talked about something that I did on here a while back but I didn't post any pictures of it. I double-checked my potato phone and they're still there! I'll post those too! Now I just need my computer.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: