Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Misread Prophecy V3  (Read 22574 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:20 AM »

Well, ok...

We don't refer to our roads as "inter-province" though, so I just wondered if they called them something different.  Smiley

Technical much Corwyn?  Tongue

SHEESH!

Grin

More pedantic than technical, but I'll let you slide this once Tongue (-1)

If it gets squished I may have to try and find a 2D light to fight in there  Grin

No worries mate, you just find a metal bar to fix inside it so squishing doesnt happen, only damage!

We have Motorways, Highways and State Routes. People get really butt-hurt if you call them Interstates or Freeways for some reason... even though everyone knows what you mean.  Roll Eyes

hehehe, Australia does seem to like to mix & match US & British terms... I can never remember whats what, but I can take down LR on a technicality any day lol!

Looking forward to seeing more of this, along with your other project!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »

It already has a name, The Misread Prophecy Smiley

Oh yeah, haha, I just realized that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 07:06:47 AM »

hehehe, Australia does seem to like to mix & match US & British terms... I can never remember whats what, but I can take down LR on a technicality any day lol!

Looking forward to seeing more of this, along with your other project!

Yep, they mix and match stuff and have no idea what comes from where, and then get upset by all the "Americanisms" while they drive their Ford down to McDonald's, enjoy a Coke with their meal, and then head home to watch a Hollywood blockbuster... it makes my brain hurt.

I know what you guys mean as most of my dialect leans more towards American English than British English. So most of the time I will use terms you are familiar with. If I ever say something weird or if you think it's Australian slang, feel free to ask me what the hell I am talking about  Grin

This project should get a bit more done tomorrow. Today was taken up by far more time than I thought it was going to. The Catalyst however, is going to be a while off yet. My switch is still coming from the UK and the paint I am using is SUPER soft and needs several days cure time before you can handle it without ruining it. Hopefully by the end of this week I can start fine brushing the accents and then start shooting clear on to it!

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »

Yep, they mix and match stuff and have no idea what comes from where, and then get upset by all the "Americanisms" while they drive their Ford down to McDonald's, enjoy a Coke with their meal, and then head home to watch a Hollywood blockbuster... it makes my brain hurt.

I know what you guys mean as most of my dialect leans more towards American English than British English. So most of the time I will use terms you are familiar with. If I ever say something weird or if you think it's Australian slang, feel free to ask me what the hell I am talking about  Grin

This project should get a bit more done tomorrow. Today was taken up by far more time than I thought it was going to. The Catalyst however, is going to be a while off yet. My switch is still coming from the UK and the paint I am using is SUPER soft and needs several days cure time before you can handle it without ruining it. Hopefully by the end of this week I can start fine brushing the accents and then start shooting clear on to it!

As a Brit living in the USA with about a dozen good friends in various parts of Australia, I think I should be mostly good... I'm perpetually confused anyway, so no worries there Smiley

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »

WOah!  Holy sweet moly that's some serious weathering!  Awesome work man, that looks phenomenal Smiley.  Very cool concept/ backstory as well! 

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »

OK I did all my final passes today with the dremel, so all my cutting, milling, boring, melting and sanding is done. Including elongating my switch recess.

Why did I do that to the switch hole? Well because I'm building a switch of course Smiley

To me there is no point "customizing" something if I just go and bolt all the same parts back on!! Only got about 10 minutes into this, but it shouldn't be a very big job.

For now the hilt is soaking in a tub of drain cleaner as per a tip from Lord Canterbury (thank you once again) to add some more texture.

I probably won't get a chance to get back to this one now until the weekend. Will keep you all posted!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:47 AM »

Looks excellent.

So looking forward to seeing this come together. Smiley

Way to go Isola.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »

Looking fantastic.  I like that you're building your own switch.  Can't wait to see more of that.

For now the hilt is soaking in a tub of drain cleaner as per a tip from Lord Canterbury (thank you once again) to add some more texture.

I look forward to seeing how it looks after it comes out of there.  Lord C is full of good advice and ideas.  Cool

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »

That is one messed up,  beaten down, knackered old relic all right! unless my eyes are playing tricks, its even a little bent out of shape!
You are certainly making it fit the backstory with a vengeance! impressive work Isola. Have a point or 7!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »

Looks great!

Just make sure you start checking after a few hours! You can always do more if you aren't satisfied with the pitting but you don't want to do too much and ruin the threading etc.

Speaking of - a lubricant on the threads would be a very good idea before you put a pommel back on . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 03:15:32 AM »

Looks great!

Just make sure you start checking after a few hours! You can always do more if you aren't satisfied with the pitting but you don't want to do too much and ruin the threading etc.

Speaking of - a lubricant on the threads would be a very good idea before you put a pommel back on . . .

Actually I did the total opposite of this. I looked it up and researched it before I started. Found out if you leave it long enough it will eat RIGHT THROUGH the metal. So, me being the destructive psyxhopath that I am... I left it over night Wink pics to come when I get home from work in 4/5 hours.

The pommel is currently soaking at work and I am keeping a close eye on it so as not to totally destroy the thread.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »

Ok, time for some pic heavy action:

This was when I pulled it out of the drain cleaner after I let it soak for 12/13 hours.

And just as I'd hoped it would do on the thinner walls of the grips

and yes, Corwyn VonBeck she's a little "out of shape" you could say Wink

The pommel still fits though! Don't worry Smiley

RIP little lizard dude who climbed in for a drink of water at some point in the night

So it was a cool color when I pulled it out of the dip, but I didn't really want it that dark. Luckily it lightened up when it dried:

Time to buff back some of that furry glittery finish so I can get some more depth on this thing!

Hmm... nice texture, but too shiny. Luckily I've been been keeping my car very, very dirty just for this.

Now I can finally wash my car again. I've been hanging on to all my brake dust for a reason Wink

Nice! Now, time to give it a bit of contrast.

Turns out I gave my fingers a bit of contrast too... whoops. Oh well, I'm sure what doesn't wash off tonight will wear/wash off at work tomorrow when I'm wrist deep in engines.

OK! Sorry for the epic pic post... but I did more than I thought I would today.

Hoping to get my switch plates finished tomorrow, and I also have to make a blade plug and custom (ish) blade. I'm kind of hoping I can get it finished this weekend, but I'm not making any promises. I'm thinking more likely next weekend will be when I'm done. But time will tell.

Thanks everyone for the points, there are some coming back your way!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »

Wow Isola!

Truly amazing work there.

That thing certainly does look like it's been through a very rough place. Smiley

Great job my man.  Awesome idea with the brake dust. Smiley

+1 for cool. Grin

*SAFETY ADVISORY*

Please wear proper hand and eye protection when handling caustic substances.  They work best on organic matter - like skin. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »

Wow Isola!

Truly amazing work there.

That thing certainly does look like it's been through a very rough place. Smiley

Great job my man.  Awesome idea with the brake dust. Smiley

+1 for cool. Grin

*SAFETY ADVISORY*

Please wear proper hand and eye protection when handling caustic substances.  They work best on organic matter - like skin. Smiley

Oh please! If I don't wear gloves at work, I'm not gonna wear them at home lmao  Grin I just washed up really well. Drain cleaner is very low on the list of things that try to kill you in Australia hahaha

I did wear safety gear when using all the dremel tools though! That's much scarier than drain cleaner.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »

Coming along great!  Wicked idea with the brake dust. 

When you say make a new switch, you mean you're actually going to make a momentary switch?! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: