Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Misread Prophecy V3  (Read 22426 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 01:47:56 AM »

Wow... more stunning work there Isola. love the switch, its a great looking alternative!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 02:05:39 AM »

It's all awesome.  Great work on everything.  Smiley

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:41 PM »

Ahhh, I see now Smiley, very cool!  Very cool idea with the switch, that's gonna be really nice!  Really unique, will probably have a really smooth operation too if you know what I mean.  That will feel good to activate. 

Coming along awesome!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »

Finished my plug

Finished my CT wheel

Then I got bored watching the 80th coat on my Catalyst dry. So I did a test wire to make sure it was all good and make sure my blade plug worked alright.

Still need to wire it up properly when my connectors arrive, and install the switch. The switch will probably be a weekend job because I'll need two people as it's so darned fiddly. But for now here's a couple of shots of it lit up.

All these lens flare are J.J Abrams approved by the way.

The end is in sight, and it's a good feeling Smiley

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 09:01:39 AM »

Great work so for Isola815 and liking all of your progress photos.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »

Fantastic work, by the way! Points are incoming!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:10 PM »

Fantastic work, by the way! Points are incoming!

YESSSSS!!!! Oh my god this is my new favorite image! Point to you for that one  Grin

I'm a massive Abrams fan too, so this just made my day  Cheesy

I was wanting to do more, but waiting on my connectors so couldn't really do anything, and all of a sudden

I had an even better idea about mounting the switch.

So I broke out the dremel again and notched out the switch hole so I could slide the switch in from the top instead of having to try and glue it from inside like the AV switches. Then I notched a ledge out so the switch would sit flush with the inner material in the switch hole (the part US normally drill out to make it a 16mm hole for the AV switches) This gave it a nice firm surface to press into as well which felt much better for a sliding switch than just glued to the inside of the hilt with nothing but glue and air under it.

You can see the switch here unmodified

and you may notice I cut the stalk down (that was so the cover was sitting on the hilt instead of in the sky), and reshaped the mounting ears so it would fit in the channel that I cut out in the switch hole

Then I attached my switch cover/plate/whatever you want to call it to the top of the stalk

Ahhh, I see now Smiley, very cool!  Very cool idea with the switch, that's gonna be really nice!  Really unique, will probably have a really smooth operation too if you know what I mean.  That will feel good to activate. 

Coming along awesome!

Unique was the key to this build. I wanted to reuse as little of the original look as possible, hence my carnage and relocation on the covertech wheel and brass thumb screw.

This video is specially for you Smiley

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=aKDInCf_V4s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=aKDInCf_V4s</a>

So my switch is done and while I was at the electronics store today (buying more switches in case I totally stepped on my d**k when I cut the first one) I stumbled upon this

It's a USB power pack that fits inside the hilt almost perfectly. It's a bit on the snug side, but will be worth it. The same guy at work who had the idea of the clear wire also said it would have been cool if it could just sit on display and have the crystal lit, without having to change the batteries all the time. When I saw this I realized it would be perfect to power the saber because with this next picture, you'll see why I can't use the standard battery pack any more.

This is just a test fit for length. I cut down a usb cable, removed the data wires and will wire the pos and neg wires up to one side of my switch and my led respectively.

The usb plug will go into the power pack to power the led when the saber is out and about. And when it is on display, the pommel will be removed, power pack taken out, and the saber will be on a stand that I am going to make that will pretty much just be a female usb connecter mounted in something that the saber can sit on without falling over.

Hoping for my connectors to arrive tomorrow so I can finish up. I also need to finish off my blade, but that shouldn't take too long just to put the film back in and glue it up Smiley

Thanks everyone for the points, views, comments etc. It makes me want to keep going when I see other people are enjoying the build as much as I am!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »

Dude, that crystal shining through the side is awesome.  Though, everything about this project is.  I really like how you mounted that switch, great idea.  Smiley

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 03:07:55 PM »

Looking awesome Isola!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »

Dude, that crystal shining through the side is awesome.  Though, everything about this project is.  I really like how you mounted that switch, great idea.  Smiley

I love how it looks like it's powered by Kryptonite  Cool

Looking awesome Isola!

Thanks  Grin

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »

Indeed, it does.  Grin

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Grey Knight

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2017, 03:31:36 PM »

Thanks  Grin

Hahahahaha!
Lovin it!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »

That's looking really good Isola.  Smiley

Loving all of the light escaping. Grin

Great work on the switch, and that gaping hole...lol

I am a bit curious if it ends up dimming your blade at all though - when it's all said and done.  Likely not a lot, if any.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »

Wow, I still haven't seen anything that you have done to this saber that I haven't liked. Great job.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKDInCf_V4s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKDInCf_V4s</a>

I really like the way you have incorporated your switch into the saber which keeps the "look" of the saber you are trying to achieve.

Good job on the focusing crystal too.  Smiley

Point to you.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: