Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Misread Prophecy V3  (Read 22429 times)
Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

Thanks everyone! It was heaps of fun to make, and I was really glad to be able to turn something I didn't like at all, into something that heaps of people enjoyed watching take form Smiley

Still proud AF of that switch though  Cool that's probably my favorite part of the whole build to be honest. So many people said it wouldn't work and there would be easier ways, and there were so many readily available switches that I could have given up and used, but I'm really glad I stuck with my original plan!

I really dont see anything else fitting with the design, except for an apparent solid piece of the hilt that is some kind of pressure switch, or  the kind that is touch sensitive ( but that would probably suck in use, with a slight brush on it activating it... I think you nailed it mate.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2017, 02:56:20 AM »

EPIC work on this project Isola . . . a great read from the start, following your progress . . . have a point and an extra one for making me laugh here and there with some of our Oz peculiarities, hehe . . . . Straya, #$%@ yeah  Tongue Wink

And . . . I really like your switch also . . . love seeing custom ideas come together like that . . . What you've done here, along with something Rev is working on has given me some, ummm, idea's  Roll Eyes

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:12 AM »

EPIC work on this project Isola . . . a great read from the start, following your progress . . . have a point and an extra one for making me laugh here and there with some of our Oz peculiarities, hehe . . . . Straya, #$%@ yeah  Tongue Wink

And . . . I really like your switch also . . . love seeing custom ideas come together like that . . . What you've done here, along with something Rev is working on has given me some, ummm, idea's  Roll Eyes

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes peeled for whatever you wind up doing from these "ideas"  Smiley

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »

WOW!!! It looks truly epic!! Great story for it too!

I could only find a mention of durability once in the thread, so I wanted to ask (sorry if I missed the answer already); Is it duel-able at all? I don't know if you really wanted it for that reason, or just for display.
I'm new to the saber community, and I am not sure how durable aluminum is(except foil, haha), so I don't have a grasp on whats "too far" for customization on stunt sabers

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2017, 12:23:16 AM »

WOW!!! It looks truly epic!! Great story for it too!

I could only find a mention of durability once in the thread, so I wanted to ask (sorry if I missed the answer already); Is it duel-able at all? I don't know if you really wanted it for that reason, or just for display.
I'm new to the saber community, and I am not sure how durable aluminum is(except foil, haha), so I don't have a grasp on whats "too far" for customization on stunt sabers

I decided on just display, but it is still quite strong. The new blade retention screws and such that I put in were retapped to larger sizes so they are nice and firm.

I'm confident enough to say you could duel with it without any major worries.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2017, 01:18:29 AM »

doomblade0,

These sabers are made from T-86 "aircraft grade" aluminum.  You COULD throw it down the stairs, or against the wall without hurting it.  DON'T!

Even when you abuse it as much as Isola did, it's still strong. Smiley

Heavy grade blades are for duelling.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »

I decided on just display, but it is still quite strong. The new blade retention screws and such that I put in were retapped to larger sizes so they are nice and firm.

I'm confident enough to say you could duel with it without any major worries.
doomblade0,

These sabers are made from T-86 "aircraft grade" aluminum.  You COULD throw it down the stairs, or against the wall without hurting it.  DON'T!

Even when you abuse it as much as Isola did, it's still strong. Smiley

Heavy grade blades are for duelling.
Dang, I had no clue they were so durable...that's pretty impressive. I was thinking that maybe after the cutting it would be a little less durable. Thanks for the response!!

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: