Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Misread Prophecy V3  (Read 22412 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »

That is a cool switch.  Looks old school, I love it.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »

The connectors I ordered turn out to be on backorder  Roll Eyes so screw it, I'm wiring this sucker up for now. I can easily undo two wires and put the connector on at a later date. So here we go.

put my "bypass" wires in the hilt. The clear wire didn't work because it turns on the wire itself it's actually teeny tiny wire in the center core, and the "copper" wire that I thought I was trying to green up was just a foil shielding  Angry

So I went back to my original plan of red.

Here's a few pics after being wired up and power source connected. The usb pack isn't fully charged though, so it's not as bright at it should be.

Now I have two problems.

1. I don't think this power pack is charging properly, so I am probably going to have to take it back and swap it which means a weekend mission...

AND

2. This saber NEEDS to be red now*. So my other weekend mission is to find a red crystal the same as what I have, pull my Liberator apart and steal the AS led module, install that into here and make my Lib SRD. Then find a good red gel to cover the LED and mount the crystal to it. Unless the crystal works fine on the AS led without needing a gel (here's hoping).

Why? Well, after getting a really good look at this thing, and a feel for it while I've been building it, it WANTS to be red. This saber screams darkness and death. And this lead me to realising that this is only the first saber in a series that I am going to build. I now have idea for a few different colors, but I'm not going to say what one, why, or how just yet. When this is finished I will take some proper photos with my good cameras and present it to the forum as a photo thread. Then I will explain what I am doing and it will be another journey for you all to follow Smiley

This also means that I don't need to keep working on the blade, as this will not be a dueling saber. It will be a display piece and the focus will be on the crystal lighting up, not a blade. So I am going to use that leftover blade to make the plugs for the other sabers.

I won't keep you waiting long to find out what I'm doing. If I can't find a red crystal locally on the weekend I will order one I found on ebay. I'm just trying not to pay $30 for one lol

STAY TUNED!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 02:46:13 PM »

It looks wicked all put together.  I agree, red would be a great choice.  Grin

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »

That is without doubt the ugliest, beat up, fossilized relic of a decrepit saber i have ever seen! Excellent work Isola!
I look forward to seeing more projects from you!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »

Don't settle for any old red.

That is calling for the Blood Red hue that can only be achieved with a Deep Red LED!

http://www.luxeonstar.com/deep-red-655nm-sinkpad-ii-20mm-star-led-640mw

Also available in a Tri-Star for greater brightness.

Oh and yeah - great work!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2017, 09:17:12 PM »

Nice work.

The connectors I ordered turn out to be on backorder  Roll Eyes so screw it, I'm wiring this sucker up for now. I can easily undo two wires and put the connector on at a later date. So here we go.

Now I have two problems.

1. I don't think this power pack is charging properly, so I am probably going to have to take it back and swap it which means a weekend mission...

AND

2. This saber NEEDS to be red now*. So my other weekend mission is to find a red crystal the same as what I have, pull my Liberator apart and steal the AS led module, install that into here and make my Lib SRD. Then find a good red gel to cover the LED and mount the crystal to it. Unless the crystal works fine on the AS led without needing a gel (here's hoping).

Why? Well, after getting a really good look at this thing, and a feel for it while I've been building it, it WANTS to be red. This saber screams darkness and death. And this lead me to realising that this is only the first saber in a series that I am going to build. I now have idea for a few different colors, but I'm not going to say what one, why, or how just yet. When this is finished I will take some proper photos with my good cameras and present it to the forum as a photo thread. Then I will explain what I am doing and it will be another journey for you all to follow Smiley

This also means that I don't need to keep working on the blade, as this will not be a dueling saber. It will be a display piece and the focus will be on the crystal lighting up, not a blade. So I am going to use that leftover blade to make the plugs for the other sabers.

I won't keep you waiting long to find out what I'm doing. If I can't find a red crystal locally on the weekend I will order one I found on ebay. I'm just trying not to pay $30 for one lol

STAY TUNED!

Perhaps try some of the New Age shops to find your red crystal or buy a Smoked Quartz crystal and use a red LED for your build.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=smoked+quartz&rlz=1C1EJFA_enAU693AU699&espv=2&biw=1517&bih=708&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRg7y_xb3RAhUGwrwKHV9sB-IQsAQIbQ

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »

Don't settle for any old red.

That is calling for the Blood Red hue that can only be achieved with a Deep Red LED!

http://www.luxeonstar.com/deep-red-655nm-sinkpad-ii-20mm-star-led-640mw

Also available in a Tri-Star for greater brightness.

Oh and yeah - great work!

You, Sir, are a wealth of information! Thank you for the link Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »

Wow, once again, amazing work. Looks beautiful (in an ugly sort of way). I can totally see it in Red.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »

Dude that switch is amazing!!  Thanks for the vid, the action of that thing is SO good!  Amazing work Smiley

Really cool idea with the bank.  I did something similar on a stunt project i started a long time ago i still haven't finished.  The bank is sitting in a cutout, exposed partially with some circuit card and accent lighting to dress it up- pretty neat.  Its called "sentinel stunt project" or something like that lol, you'd have to search it cause it's so deep, but i bet you'd like that build, it has the same spirit/ experimental feel to it, and i made my own act box out of an exploded phone and some other adventurous stuff... doesn't have a crystal chamber per say, but does have a reveal chamber all dressed up to house a hidden switch for the sabers accent lighting and the usb recharge Smiley

This will look so epic sitting there on display like that- right on!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »

Wow... It's a crime... LOL.  Reading the back story you had for this saber was fun, and definitely the outcome of the saber seems to follow the story.  It doesn't look structurally sound at all! Still amazing that you could turn a Prophecy into that though.

Grin Think you're right, though. I like the green but the saber does have kind of a red 'feel' to it.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »

Isola, I've been following this thread, but I haven't commented, because I wanted to see the finished product.

Very well done!!!

I remember you had some disappointments with this saber, and you were debating sending it back, but I'm glad you decided to keep it and work on it. It looks fantastic!! I agree, it needs to be red.

Point!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »

Hey Isola.

Stellar work, but I think you've got that message...lol

I actually like the Prophecies in green - wonder why.   Roll Eyes

I'm thinking that yours would look good in AB, but the "Deep Red" Lord C speaks of is pretty awesome.  Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »

Wow, once again, amazing work. Looks beautiful (in an ugly sort of way). I can totally see it in Red.

Point to you

And now you can Wink

Dude that switch is amazing!!  Thanks for the vid, the action of that thing is SO good!  Amazing work Smiley

Really cool idea with the bank.  I did something similar on a stunt project i started a long time ago i still haven't finished.  The bank is sitting in a cutout, exposed partially with some circuit card and accent lighting to dress it up- pretty neat.  Its called "sentinel stunt project" or something like that lol, you'd have to search it cause it's so deep, but i bet you'd like that build, it has the same spirit/ experimental feel to it, and i made my own act box out of an exploded phone and some other adventurous stuff... doesn't have a crystal chamber per say, but does have a reveal chamber all dressed up to house a hidden switch for the sabers accent lighting and the usb recharge Smiley

This will look so epic sitting there on display like that- right on!

No problem at all! I'm glad it worked out the way I'd planned. It gave me a a bit of mental grief, constantly reworking the idea in my head until the lightbulb went off. From there on it was smooth as silk Smiley

I didn't think I'd be the first person to have thought of using a USB pack before! It seemed like too good of an idea for someone not to have had. I'll have a look for the thread Cheesy

Wow... It's a crime... LOL.  Reading the back story you had for this saber was fun, and definitely the outcome of the saber seems to follow the story.  It doesn't look structurally sound at all! Still amazing that you could turn a Prophecy into that though.

Grin Think you're right, though. I like the green but the saber does have kind of a red 'feel' to it.

No! That covertech wheel was a crime! Lol not really. It just helped me not care one way of the other how brutal I got with this thing Smiley

The story got me most of the way there, but then thinking of it red changed my story a bit to fit this "series" idea that I've had.

Isola, I've been following this thread, but I haven't commented, because I wanted to see the finished product.

Very well done!!!

I remember you had some disappointments with this saber, and you were debating sending it back, but I'm glad you decided to keep it and work on it. It looks fantastic!! I agree, it needs to be red.

Point!

Well just bear with me a few more days and you will be able to see the finished product in proper professional photos and in RED  Cool. Glad you liked the outcome, thank you Smiley

Hey Isola.

Stellar work, but I think you've got that message...lol

I actually like the Prophecies in green - wonder why.   Roll Eyes

I'm thinking that yours would look good in AB, but the "Deep Red" Lord C speaks of is pretty awesome.  Smiley

Greens are nice, for sure. You just wait until you see what MY green saber is going to be  Wink

Sooooo..... Ladies and Gentlemen... I committed ANOTHER crime... I...

GUTTED MY LIBERATOR!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Huh Cry

As an interim red I have stolen the AS out of my liberator, fitted a colored filter disc, which was a bit pink, and added three layers of red cellophane under the disc. It is a clear crystal for now because for the life of my I cannot find a red one in any local stores, so I will order one online and wait for it. But this at least lets me get stuff finished up to do a photo shoot of the finished product. Then I'll tweak it later on by adding a red LED and a red crystal.

I also trimmed the USB cable a bit so it wasn't interfering with the pommel as much. It was just annoying enough that I had to fix it.

Stay tuned in the next few days for finished photos (well not the stand, because I honestly CBF in the near 100 degree days we've been having over the last two weeks, but pics of the saber anyway) I will upload them as a Gallery thread, but I will post them here too for those who've been following along Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »

Awesome Isola!

You never fail to amaze. Smiley

I am now intrigued to see which saber will get a green LED...lol

Are you susceptible to the wild fires down there?  I know that's a huge thing there...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

That definitely looks great with the red crystal in there.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: