Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mantis Staff Pros and cons  (Read 1676 times)
Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »

Hi, Anyone who has seen my posts before will know that I'm new and yet to get my first saber although that should be happening in the next month or so, I have always loved the look of saber staffs. However, I am curious about how much harder or easier to use a staff with a curved hilt like the mantis or Count Duku style saber and does anyone have experience with this type of combat?

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »

I really cannot think of a plus to a staff with a curve in the hilt area.  And lots of minuses.

Westmoore
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 23

temple guards

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:59:56 AM »

plus youd be using a fairly individual weapon which people wont have come across and so wont know how to defend against properly

cons your going to have to adapt alot

I personally love staffs have couple vids if you look through my posts so a curved staff would be quite cool to see and having the blades in a "z" or "c" orientation would again change the dynamic of the weapon would be interesting to see how it works!!

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »

You would likely want to study Asajj Ventress' fighting style to learn how to fight with it if you use a "z" configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »

You would likely want to study Asajj Ventress' fighting style to learn how to fight with it if you use a "z" configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll do some reading up

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »

I would recommend looking at some makashi videos and think of it more as a fencing then a swinging weapon that helps my spear fighting a lot. If you get gold as twisting your weapon and you could in Theory always have a fast escaping blade.

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: