Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Popularity of forms in jedi and darksiders  (Read 1845 times)
Maestro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:28 PM »

Did some interesting research yesterday, thought some of you might be interested if i shared it. I looked at jedi/sith/darksiders of any significant or notable wieght in galactic history and analyzed their chosen forms.
Jedi: out of a pool of 50
Shii cho 10%
Makashi 10%
Soresu 6%
Ataru 34%
Djem so/shien 30%
Niman 10%
Juyo 8%

Sith: out of a pool of 44
Shii cho 9%
Makashi 28%
Soresu 5%
Ataru 9%
Djem so/shien 14%
Niman 19%
Juyo 22%

Maestro
Knight Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:40:22 PM »

Some notes on these statistics;
1. In the case of jedi or sith battlemasters i only counted the form they used the most or what was their foundational discipline. ( ex yoda, master of all seven but uses almost exclusively ataru.)
2. In the case of true hybrids however, i counted both forms. ( Ex shaak ti, uses a hybrid makashi and ataru)

Cang Snow
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 42

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:28:55 AM »

Why do you suppose the distributions are the way they are? It seems as though the Jedi are very flashy, while the Sith are very practical and straightforward.

Maestro
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:39:29 AM »

Well, i think ataru is a popular jedi choice for 2 reasons.
1. Jedi are all about the flow of the force and ataru really speaks to that. When paired with even a basic level of soresu for ranged protection ataru is an effective choice.
2. Out of universe i think its because it is more interesting to draw or film characters flipping and flying through the air.

For the darksiders being juyo/makashi oriented;
1. The sith know they only really have to worry about the jedi, so makashi to duel them and on the battlefield they cut loose with juyo.
2. Out of universe makashi makes darksiders more dangerous to jedi heroes and juyo gets them super emotional to charge the situation with more expression and drama.

Maestro
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »

Ok if you look at the 94 total, jedi and sith, you get some different percentages.

Shii cho 8%
Makashi 18%
Soresu 5%
Ataru 20%
Djem so/shien 21%
Niman 13%
Juyo 15%

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »

Ok if you look at the 94 total, jedi and sith, you get some different percentages.

Shii cho 8%
Makashi 18%
Soresu 5%
Ataru 20%
Djem so/shien 21%
Niman 13%
Juyo 15%

It is strange to see Soresu with only 5% .... Maybe because Obiwan is so awesome but i always though Soresu was more used ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »

Where are you getting these statistics from?

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Maestro
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »

I researched wookiepedia, the youtubers vs series, the few scourcebooks i own and compiled a list of 94 of the most prominent and "important" jedi, sith, darksiderers ect and listed their primary (and if they had one secondary) forms and after that its just math.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: