Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: cosplay 2017  (Read 18940 times)
JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

So question for you Jedi cosplayers... Where do you keep your stuff while at a con? Curious as Jedi robes and such don't really have pockets lol. Do you make pockets for them or just bring a bag or something? I didn't make the costume I'm wearing to SW celebration and realized my pouches don't fit my phone and wallet. Pics and money spending will be a must so need those haha. Don't know if I should try and make my own pouch or just have a bag for any of that.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

Light pts: I am a Jedi, like my father before me

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Are you wearing robes or just the tunic? If you have the robes you can get a pouch for the back of your belt to put your things in that no one will see. If not, the tunic may be long enough to cover standard pants pockets.

"Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn--

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »

So question for you Jedi cosplayers... Where do you keep your stuff while at a con? Curious as Jedi robes and such don't really have pockets lol. Do you make pockets for them or just bring a bag or something? I didn't make the costume I'm wearing to SW celebration and realized my pouches don't fit my phone and wallet. Pics and money spending will be a must so need those haha. Don't know if I should try and make my own pouch or just have a bag for any of that.

Either I use my leather satchel (which looks the part with my Jedi outfit) or I have a heap of pouches on my belt. One of my friends has pockets built into his Jedi custom outfit with baggy pants that's are hidden from general view so he puts his things in them.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »

Are you wearing robes or just the tunic? If you have the robes you can get a pouch for the back of your belt to put your things in that no one will see. If not, the tunic may be long enough to cover standard pants pockets.

No robe on the 1st two days because I'll be busting my ass trying to get into the kickoff and TLJ panels. I'll have it for the others days though. The trousers I have with it don't have any pockets. Leaning towards getting a bag to go with it since I'll need something to carry purchases anyway (and might hold my saber blade when its on my belt) might as well have something that fits. So now I try to find something that fits an obi-wan style Jedi outfit that's not too expensive any ideas? haha.

Side note definitely see what you guys were saying before..they can get hot. For the most part I'm good as long as there's air flow or a breeze but being in Florida stepping out in the humidity... no good lol. I can only imagine what it is like for B1ondeange1 in Australia... damn real trooper over here. haha

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »

You can just see my satchel there over my left shoulder. Its a brown leather one.

And we dont get the humidity here the same, moreso the heat. That's easier to deal with. This summer has been rather cool though.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »

This will be my first con where I cosplay, and I'm not bringing my robe, just wearing the tunic. I have one large pouch custom sized to fit my iPhone 6S Plus and a smaller pouch for spare batteries and charger cable perhaps. My dark brown pants have two front pockets and two back pockets, so I'll have my wallet in the back pockets and can put my portable battery phone charger in my front pocket. I may get a satchel sort of hand bag, too. Not sure yet.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »

The Orlando Convention Center is usually pretty well air conditioned: I've cosplayed there numerous times in things much warmer than my Jedi robes so I plan to have them with me each day. Plus I put in a hidden pocket in the back of the robes to hold my saber blade when it's not attached. I also would really like to go to the kickoff and TLJ panels... I hope that I don't have to wait in those lines the entire day...

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »

The Orlando Convention Center is usually pretty well air conditioned: I've cosplayed there numerous times in things much warmer than my Jedi robes so I plan to have them with me each day. Plus I put in a hidden pocket in the back of the robes to hold my saber blade when it's not attached. I also would really like to go to the kickoff and TLJ panels... I hope that I don't have to wait in those lines the entire day...

Yeah once I'm inside I know I'll be golden just gonna be hot on the way over from the hotel haha. That is a pretty awesome idea though for the blade. My friend and I have pretty much written off those two days expecting to be in line. Though they are supposed to be in the morning...so hopefully means we can have the rest of the day after it...though also means possibly getting up early for the line outside the convention..

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »

Yeah once I'm inside I know I'll be golden just gonna be hot on the way over from the hotel haha. That is a pretty awesome idea though for the blade. My friend and I have pretty much written off those two days expecting to be in line. Though they are supposed to be in the morning...so hopefully means we can have the rest of the day after it...though also means possibly getting up early for the line outside the convention..

That just means it'll be cooler in the robes Wink

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

haha fair point.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »

You can just see my satchel there over my left shoulder. Its a brown leather one.

And we dont get the humidity here the same, moreso the heat. That's easier to deal with. This summer has been rather cool though.

This is my favorite of your photos I've seen so far.  I love the little droid!  The lighting and that room makes the sabers look great.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »

This is my favorite of your photos I've seen so far.  I love the little droid!  The lighting and that room makes the sabers look great.

Nah, these are my favourite from that night Smiley

(man i love that quick coupler! Best. Purchase. EVER!!!)

Besides- would you like parts from 5 different Ultrasaber models in one shot? That photo has it  Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »

Those are some badass pictures.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: