Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: cosplay 2017  (Read 18942 times)
Tony89
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Light or Dark Side points

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

I agree. Cosplay what you want to. No rules! Im in the process of my own Sith armor/costume. When it's done in late February I'l post some pics. Until then, here's my Ren costume with a stormtrooper helmet for ya.

Very Sithy I love it thats what I imagine a force sensitive stormtrooper to be like when he is being trained as a sith lord

Wishlist: Bellicose Diamond V4

There is no Dark Side nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »

Great idea. I'll only be to one this year for sure, Salt Lake Comic Con, Sept. 21-23. I plan on doing at least one of those days in a Star Wars cosplay.

*edit* Ok, NOW I'll be at the Salt Lake Comic Con FanX 2017 on March 17-18 as well. Definitely going to wear my Jedi tunic, belt, boots and probably one lightsaber on my belt with another in hand for dueling whomever I come across (same goes for Salt Lake Comic Con in the Fall), but probably leaving my Jedi Robe home (soooo hot), and it's great for outside in the Winter, but not for walking around all day at Comic Con, that's for sure.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 08:10:50 PM »

*edit* Ok, NOW I'll be at the Salt Lake Comic Con FanX 2017 on March 17-18 as well. Definitely going to wear my Jedi tunic, belt, boots and probably one lightsaber on my belt with another in hand for dueling whomever I come across (same goes for Salt Lake Comic Con in the Fall), but probably leaving my Jedi Robe home (soooo hot), and it's great for outside in the Winter, but not for walking around all day at Comic Con, that's for sure.  Cool

You Jedi are weak. Try wearing about 5 layers of heavy fabric and a helmet in the summer time.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »

You Jedi are weak. Try wearing about 5 layers of heavy fabric and a helmet in the summer time.

Sounds like a challenge.  Grin  No, really, though, how do you stand it?  I've always been very warm blooded, my whole family is, so we don't do well with the heat as it is, and adding layers just traps it in.  I love the look of my cloak - it's fantastic - but I become a hot, sweaty mess before long.  I wish I had the constitution to not get hot that easily.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2017, 08:36:37 PM »

Oh I do get hot.  I get to looking like I jumped in a pool when I take the helmet off lol

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2017, 08:47:02 PM »

I haven't had many chances for Cosplay, but when I do, it is usually when it is dark outside. Thus it is when it is cold outside as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »

Oh I do get hot.  I get to looking like I jumped in a pool when I take the helmet off lol

Yep that's all me, too. I either look like I just got out of the shower or that I need one really bad.  Tongue

Jedi Ger-Dan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

Light pts: I am a Jedi, like my father before me

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 11:20:44 PM »

Will you be going to Pensacon its next month? I will be running several panels at the Con mostly about social issues and how they are reflected in comics but we will also be doing a trivia contest. I will also be speaking at Philly comic con and attending Boston and Providence.

Probably not, too busy this time of year.

"Do not defy the Council, Master, not again."
"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn--

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 05:48:25 AM »

Heh, that's why this Jedi re-sorted her outfit so that she was no longer wearing 5 layers with hers Tongue even in winter it was too much, even though it was mostly medium weight cotton. not that I had a helmet, but my Jedi was far hotter than my foam armour normally is. We sweat a lot in the armour, but because there are gaps everywhere to the moisture wicking under suits plus fans in suit and helmet, so long as there is some airflow the armour is much better. Plus if we are outside in the sun, the helmet is tinted (and im the type that cant go outside without sunnies) and protects your head from burning Cheesy

The Vader outfit with all black and quilted and leather clothing.... Hell no. That stuff is nasty. I've seen my friends come out of those after an outside troop in summer.... Very unpleasant.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 12:41:40 AM »

Ah, good.  My boots are starting to break in.  Excellent.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2017, 04:10:29 AM »

I hope to get my saber in time for Comicpalooza in Houston.  I am definitely going either way (May this year).  US will have a booth there.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2017, 05:05:54 AM »

Ah, good.  My boots are starting to break in.  Excellent.

Nice. What kind of boots did you buy again?

I hope to get my saber in time for Comicpalooza in Houston.  I am definitely going either way (May this year).  US will have a booth there.

Fingers crossed for ya, EB. I'm headed to ours here locally, SLCC FanX, in just over 2 weeks, first Cosplay ever, and I've been to 4 so far.  Lookin' forward to it. My cousin is going with me and he may be doing a crossover of a Ringwraith from Lord of the Rings with a Gray Jedi or Sith Lord.  He didn't have a costume yet, but his sister had made the Ringwraith costume and said he could wear it there, but he wants to be a Jedi or Sith with a lightsaber. For the lightsaber he is really fond of the Dark Sentinel LE, and we were thinking an Emerald Green blade. Do you think an Emerald Green blade would be the right fit or would it look better to have a blazing red blade, or maybe a dark violet amethyst, for the costume below?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2017, 05:11:45 AM »

Wow LB  your cousins got a freeky looking costume, that would scare me at night. Even the hands look good.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2017, 06:17:56 AM »

Nice. What kind of boots did you buy again?
Fingers crossed for ya, EB. I'm headed to ours here locally, SLCC FanX, in just over 2 weeks, first Cosplay ever, and I've been to 4 so far.  Lookin' forward to it. My cousin is going with me and he may be doing a crossover of a Ringwraith from Lord of the Rings with a Gray Jedi or Sith Lord.  He didn't have a costume yet, but his sister had made the Ringwraith costume and said he could wear it there, but he wants to be a Jedi or Sith with a lightsaber. For the lightsaber he is really fond of the Dark Sentinel LE, and we were thinking an Emerald Green blade. Do you think an Emerald Green blade would be the right fit or would it look better to have a blazing red blade, or maybe a dark violet amethyst, for the costume below?

That's creepy. And omg awesome.

I don't think emerald green would fit. If he wants to look obviously sith then go red, but if he went pyrestone orange or Dark violet amethyst then he'll still look sithly but be a bit different Smiley

Could always try photoshopping in a saber of the colour you are thinking and see how it looks as a real general guide?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2017, 06:37:04 AM »

Wow LB  your cousins got a freeky looking costume, that would scare me at night. Even the hands look good.
I know, right!? Makes me wanna have a costume like that. My wife might be willing to make that for me.

That's creepy. And omg awesome.

I don't think emerald green would fit. If he wants to look obviously sith then go red, but if he went pyrestone orange or Dark violet amethyst then he'll still look sithly but be a bit different Smiley

Could always try photoshopping in a saber of the colour you are thinking and see how it looks as a real general guide?
Lol, loved your reaction 😅 Thanks for the advice for my cousin on the blade color. That's a really great idea, and he's quite good with PhotoShop anyway.  TBH I immediately thought "dark bladed lightsaber"!  You know, the black blade, and so DVA is probably the closest for that but red is brighter. I hadn't considered PO, that's an interesting idea. 😉

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: