Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasaber Dark Catalyst Review  (Read 3370 times)
JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« on: January 08, 2017, 04:08:20 AM »

Hey guys i did a thing! haha I've been meaning to do this but had to wait until i got it sent back to me (needed it rewired to a direct drive for my AV switch seems in my excitement my double checking was worthless haha). Anyway.... here is my review video of this amazing saber hope you all like it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0aSA-E8q4I&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0aSA-E8q4I&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Tomorrow I might upload some pictures of how it looks with different colors. Gotta love an Emerald driver Wink.

P.S HUGE shout out to everyone who helped me out before I asked alot of Questions and you were all were awesome
Lord Rapine, JediXIX, Lord Bladewraith, Taegin Roan and anyone else i missed....you rock!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:25:24 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 04:45:50 AM »

That was a great review, buddy! Thanks for the shout out and I have to say now I am a lot closer to getting a Catalyst myself. Nice closeups showing the choke point and the direct drive AV switch is pretty cool, I must say. I don't see it often and it makes your saber look like it's already alive and ready to ignite at any moment. How's the battery life been so far?

Also, quick tip for videos, if you use the link that ends in ".com" rather than in ".be" and remove the "s" from "https:", it will automatically embed in your post. So the link for your video would look like this and the link is directly below it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0aSA-E8q4I&amp;" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0aSA-E8q4I&amp;</a>

Point for you incoming  Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:22:19 AM »

How's the battery life been so far?

So far pretty good I keep putting the batteries back on charge thinking they need it but they are always fine. The switch was on most of the day without the blade and was at about 80 percent. I charged them and they had been in for a few hours and then i had the blade going for a good while after the video before putting them back on charge and it was at like 65 mostly because of how long i was running the blade.
Also thanks for the tip wont let me edit but I will keep that in mind for the future.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:29 PM »

Very nice review. I have been thinking about a catalyst style hilt for a while now, and you just bumped it up on my wishlist. I also really love the Guardian blue there. Point incoming.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »

Definitely nice. Definitely want me a Dark Catalyst now even more =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 01:23:58 AM »

Very nice review. I have been thinking about a catalyst style hilt for a while now, and you just bumped it up on my wishlist. I also really love the Guardian blue there. Point incoming.

Definitely nice. Definitely want me a Dark Catalyst now even more =]

Powerful this Catalyst saber is... we all want one even more now, myself included, with the possibility of getting one to enter the raffle, hopefully, and realized that the very word "Catalyst" means:

"something that causes activity between two or more persons or forces without itself being affected."

So um yeah it's definitely going to cause some ordering activity between us and Ultra Sabers. Soon, very soon.

Thanks again for the review, Darth Genji!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:03 AM »

Nice lightsaber! Points for the review!

The choke isn't my favourite part personally having the MHS version of it - it's actually too small for my hands to get proper purchase.

However it's a great looking and handling weapon no doubt. Congrats!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:34 AM »

^^^For sure Tongue Going Violet Amethyst for mine for I don't have a purple blade saber yet

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:20:38 AM »

I never thought about that hazard guess the choke would be an issue for larger hands. Thankfully feels just about right in mine haha.

Powerful this Catalyst saber is... we all want one even more now, myself included, with the possibility of getting one to enter the raffle, hopefully, and realized that the very word "Catalyst" means:

"something that causes activity between two or more persons or forces without itself being affected."

So um yeah it's definitely going to cause some ordering activity between us and Ultra Sabers. Soon, very soon.

Thanks again for the review, Darth Genji!

Lol when i was buying it i kept thinkin...this is going to be the Catalyst for me getting way into sabers. haha its great.

(p.s genji? did i miss someone Wink )
^^^For sure Tongue Going Violet Amethyst for mine for I don't have a purple blade saber yet

The purples I'm trying to play with currently. I love purple blades but mines either coming out pink (for VA) or a odd blue (for DVA) using the emerald settings I've found on here. So i've been messing with it to try and find a good setting for it. When i do I'll post a picture Wink.

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:24:35 AM »

I never thought about that hazard guess the choke would be an issue for larger hands. Thankfully feels just about right in mine haha.

Lol when i was buying it i kept thinkin...this is going to be the Catalyst for me getting way into sabers. haha its great.

(p.s genji? did i miss someone Wink )
The purples I'm trying to play with currently. I love purple blades but mines either coming out pink (for VA) or a odd blue (for DVA) using the emerald settings I've found on here. So i've been messing with it to try and find a good setting for it. When i do I'll post a picture Wink.

Hehe I think he mistook you for me because me and Bladewraith were discussing the Dark Catalyst hilt the other day on my personal review of my Dark Apprentice LE V4. Anyways that Dark Catalyst is very awesome! Points to you for the share. It makes me want to get a Dark Catalyst hilt at some point later on in the future too as well. Definitely looking forward to seeing the VA and DVA when you get those Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

JediJacob
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »

Haha alright.

So little later then i said but here is a picture of it with DVA....

Its a little hard to see since it looks mostly white in my camera (if anyone has tips on how to take saber pictures that show up better that'd be nice) but I'm a little disappointed with it in purple.  You can see it a little on the left side there  as it goes up the blade is how the entire blade is in person. A very light purple almost pink cant seem to find a setting that makes it better. VA is even worse with it mostly just white with a slight pink touch.

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »

Haha alright.

So little later then i said but here is a picture of it with DVA....

Its a little hard to see since it looks mostly white in my camera (if anyone has tips on how to take saber pictures that show up better that'd be nice) but I'm a little disappointed with it in purple.  You can see it a little on the left side there  as it goes up the blade is how the entire blade is in person. A very light purple almost pink cant seem to find a setting that makes it better. VA is even worse with it mostly just white with a slight pink touch.

Oooooo Smiley Nice Points for the share!

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 10:55:20 AM »

Awesome JediJacob!

You got it back. Smiley

Looks and sounds great. Grin

You'll have a blast taking that out and spinning it around.  The Catalysts are spectacular for that.

Looking forward to more pics.

+1

Edit: JediJacob, you went with the RGBW Emerald?  The white LED might be wreaking havoc on your colours.  Try turning the one channel way down or off for those colours. Smiley
Pics of blades normally do look white on camera. The blade core at least.  Usually we look at the edge for true colour anyway.  Try holding your saber in front of a powered off TV, then take a pic.  The reflection may be better. 

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »

More blue, less red may give you a deeper purple.

As for taking photos, I've had some success in taking it along the blade from the tip towards the hilt, usually at a low angle, such as towards the end of this review.

However, it comes down in part to camera quality, lighting, background (I think)... There are a multitude of factors.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 11:17:31 AM »

Excellent advice from James.

I've found that digital camera detectors are temperamental creatures.  Normally the light from the LED overwhelms the detector, and you just get a wash of white.  

I have a saber that has a TRI-CREE "deep red" set-up, and even though it's incredibly red in person, it looks pink in pics. (Yep, the one in my signature...I used a filter for that pic  Roll Eyes - the one in my avatar pic too - you can see the pink glow on my face.)

Keep playing around with it is all I can suggest.  Try James' tips. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: